Funcom make up ur mind, stop giving us new structures if you will wipe us

To me at least, some conclusions arise from this debate:

1. Without a real limit within the building system, this will go on endlessly… maybe a hard limit on the number of pieces based on clan´s size, just like the thrall´s limit could be the solution.

And im only talking about limits because of the policy being so open and subject to the admin (in turn) discretion.

1. Even though there are “rules” around the building limits, funcom should stop banning ppl from doing what they do (BUILD) without a proper warning… that is just awful and incorrect in many ways.

I mean, I do understand that some players just try to cover as much area as they can just because, but proper training of the admins to recognize what’s spam and what’s not is advisable.

If funcom is planning on suspending and banning without any warnings, based on a rule so poorly elaborated, then the issue is even worse than the lack of proper rules. To say the least, think of a world where admins can ban you without stating a proper reason … gives me the chills.

1. If you pay close attention to the servers´s list, you wont see packed servers anywhere anymore… that led to the forclose and merging of many many servers 1 or 2 years ago… but there is a hardcore minority willing to stay in such conditions of emptyness, and I dont mean that we feel entitled to have it all (the space) but we keep the servers alive when just to set an example, we dedicate months to a project, we plan, build and decorate.

Please tell us funcom… what are we supposed to do in the meantime?.. we already have EVERYTHING and concquered EVERYTHING you through at us… and you keep giving us placeables and new structures in a game designed to create and dominate.

1. Saying that funcom´s servers are cheap and have bad quality is so nonsensical to me… its like an excuse to avoid having to deal with some facts that i dont want to face.

I mean…funcom is getting loads of money again…(and i say again cause these servers have 4…5 active players nowadays) … arent they supposed to offer the best possible conditions so we, the players can enjoy the game?

1. last but no least, seems like the banning rampage continues… many players are saying that they got “suspended” and the warning message when trying to log into the game goes “failed to retrieve suspension information”.

if anything, this game costs money in the playstation store… a proper handling of the rules is expeted if you (funcom) will suspend and/or even ban people.

im a coder, community manager and an avid gamer and by all means this is not acceptable… I understand the load of work you guys may have, but you either do the right job or you are digging your own grave.

Cmon funcom… we expect better… or else, if you ban those willing to stay will leave yet another empty server.

Thats all…

1 Like

one thing is to overbuild, and another to create…

But still, some projects deserve to remain as is beacuse of the time and effort you invested in it…

I dont understand why they continue to state that official servers are not for explore the full potential of the game after the battlepass and baazar. Recently i notieced that the battlepass and baazar itens cant be used offline. If we should go to a private server, why should we buy any deco or anything else if there are a large range mods that offers it free? I undestand that when it was the only the dlc´s they dont needed to keep players for long, you buy play on our server a little and go away. But now with seasonal stuff i think they should review their posture. I think sazonal stuff its meant to make players still in the game. Why they insist push the players to other directions where they will end up not spending more on the game?

edit: unless this sazonal stuff was meant to be the final breath before closing the curtains, like, let us squeeze it a little more.

The topic of the building limit has been discussed endlessly and it has been determined multiple times that it won’t solve anything… You can search for these threads and comb through them if you’re interested.

But the jest of it is that people are free to use their pieces in endless ways… and it’s possible to do abusive landclaim with 10 pieces… so are you going to limit it below that? :man_shrugging: We’ll end up without any buildings if you try to install a building piece cap that will actually satisfy the rules.

Let me give you a more eye-opening example though :slight_smile: I recently started a new playthrough on my own server at very reduced progression, finally leveled up and built a T3 house just the other day.
This is what it looks like:

Do you know how many pieces this is made of? :slight_smile:

Yet, this would be against the ToS and it would qualify for admin wipe… Why?
Because of the cobblestone path and the 9 foundation square I’m standing on hosting my teleporter… It’s decorative landclaim…

An admin would look at this, realize that I could’ve put that teleporter inside the house just fine because it’s more than big enough… or even much closer near it… and conclude that this falls under decorative landclaim and wipe it.

So would you be willing to put the building cap under 500 pieces? Now imagine if someone wanted to use those 500 pieces to spread out across a much larger land and claim it…
While somebody else is using 5000 pieces and occupies a fraction of the space cuz they built a nice fairly low profile tower that goes upwards.

This type of system requires a human element to judge… Now we had suggestions of various upkeep systems or modified decay systems (here’s my suggestion) that would be way more effective and actually help with the issues, but a static building piece limit doesn’t solve anything

1 Like

if the lag created by bases comes from structures and NOT the # of players online, then why on earth ppl lag on emtpy servers?

i know i do… and i know i crashed a loooooot back on my ps4pro…

I had to spend a lil fortune on a ps5 to keep playing the game sorta decently.

i know, im not throuwing trash… its a super difficult task to create something pristine, and conan is super super good compared to others, but the issue is not (just) the size of the bases.

On the other hand and back to the conversation, proper rules are needed to create a reasonable and joyable environment for everyone.

When I purchased the game and every dlc i wasnt told i was gonna be banned because i bulit a church and the admin in turn thought “thats a no go” and without proper handling he just used his ban hammer.

just saying…

And on top of it… funcom keeps throwing at us every other week, more placeables and more structures…

and its not like i have to have them all in place you know???.. its more of an “enabling” approach from funcom

oh my man…

if the official servers are not meant to be taken as the standard, does that mean companies like nitrado, that has nothing to do with official regulations are???

the game was clearly not developed for official servers?..do you even listen to what you´re saying?.. wow… its like saying the seats of a mercedes werent manufactured for their own vehicles.

and yes, i consider it super innapropiate for a company the size of funcom cant or wont create a proper set of rules, even if they have to encode them in the very core of the game… didnt we get a thrall´s limit?.

1 Like

Admin seeing you putting cobblestone paths.

8 Likes

No, it’s not like that at all :slight_smile:

The game was developed as a client-server type of setting for dedicated servers and you are buying a license for the game software itself, you aren’t buying a service to use official servers. The fact that they host some of their own if just a bonus…

That’s a bonus privilege that is NOT included in your purchase price which is why they treat them separately and don’t even bat an eye banning you if you don’t like their strict rules they simply filter you out from those servers…
They look at it as your playstyle simply not being in line with the way they want THEIR servers to function (just like any private server admin can ban you if you don’t respect their rules) and take no action against the game licence you purchased and you can continue using that on any other server or single player :man_shrugging:

This is not ME saying this btw… they stated these on multiple occasions…

And no, it was most definitely not developed for official servers, they are just a subsection of those with very strict rules. Like I said in my first post, their only goal with official servers is that the people who have nowhere else to go to experience multiplayer have a public place to go to do that…

Imo the biggest mistake they made is naming official servers “official” instead of “public” which would be a much better descriptor and official implies that they’re supposed to be better in any way and giving people false expectations.

Oh also:

Because it’s not… buildings have actually a minimal impact on performance since they’re using instanced meshes…
Basically an entire connected building, regardless of how many pieces it’s made up of is a single object, with very minimal amount of unique data per piece (health basically)

Compared to that placeables are all individual actors… even a tiny coffee mug is a separate actor with it’s own replication and tick and everything and has a much higher performance impact than any building piece
So if you would be suggesting a placeable limit, that would actually make sense from a performance point of view.

However, from what I understood from their approach and statements, the goal here is not performance, but rather minimizing the physical size players take up so there’s more parts of the land available for others to build - being able to cram as many people as humanly possible, like I said in my first post…

The performance is just secondary, and sure if you deliberately abuse stuff like place a ton of torches in a tiny building to cause lag, you’ll get banned for that too, but the main priority is to leave as much land available for others as possible.

That being said I fully agree that they should switch to much better quality servers!

3 Likes

could you please point my nose to one of those ocations?.. cause if thats the case, nothing in this forum will change their ways.

hmm… their “strict rules” are the matter of discusion here so im not sure what you mean by that.

can you mention a game where the company collects for the usage of their servers?.. on console i mean… i know blizzard does on pc with wow and other games but, on console?

every multiplayer game hosts their own servers, they are called official servers most of the time, and they have a set of rules.

clearly, funcom is good in creating games, but not hiring people to take care of regulations and policies

But now stuff bougth in baazar and bp dont work offline. Do you how it works in private servers? One being banned on officials can still use bought stuff on private servers? I heard something in the dev stream about modded server conflicting with new content and having the option of funcom live services enabled ou disabled, a server having it disabled could impact on those itens?

1 Like

My console tends to disagree with you xD

but thats exactly what funcom is doing… selling placeables … so how is that not enabling?

if thats the case, they need to play more often… servers are empty… its not like we play lol in asia… this is conan… in a good day you’ll see 8 players online… and most of them are solo players so…

Yes of course you can use all that on private servers! Getting banned form officials will still leave your eligibility intact for those items, so you’ll keep your whole ancestral knowledge section and can make those items on any other server.

What they said in the dev stream is that the new area they added to Exiled Lands “might” conflict with some mods if those mods edit the same locations of the map to put something else there. That has no impact though on what you can craft etc and it’s a very specific scenario where the mod in question changes the exact same area

1 Like

Yup… and then they’ll charge us for smaller benches that they’d more likely prefer to allow us to make smaller builds. Sounds legit.

Why? This is a public sandbox and just because you put time and effort into it it needs to remain indefinitely? Play solo for that stuff in you own personal sandbox. I understand the emotional aspect of it but it’s still a public sandbox and your time and effort isn’t anymore valuable than anyone else that wants to come it and play. Your tenure does not give you special privileges to litter the server in urban sprawl. Delete what you aren’t using is just courtesy to others playing… especially when you are taking up a popular build spot.

4 Likes

im not sure if it could fall in ToS.

it is a circle of 20 foundations diameter plus the altar and stales but they are in the claim radius
and no the water two hyrkarian posts to mark where the fish traps are. The tower is about 20 high. with map tramps, stone advanced furnace animal pem a floor reserved to golem factory e and some decos in last floor, around the tower are the basic stations i put on small houses, just the space to hold the station. in the underground there are and zath altar e and the mitra one is at minimun distant of it. The only way a see to have the stations and enjoy some deco is growing up. I dont know what fc thinks that a base should like. I think the should show us a model why not? Like they do with the baazar pices to display. I was banned for having thins scathered, even it having functions, and having the infamous cobble stone paths. The sad thing is that this ban was trigged by trolls but so on. Another day i readed a post of a player that was suspended by having a build with a description similar to mine.

If not even it is allowed what we should do on officials? Builda square of sandstone and mock everything in like undermeshers. Then a lot of people say go to private, ok going to private why should i continue buying bp and baazar stuff if had much more options for free?

I think it is bad sales strategy to push players to privates or single player.

2 Likes

well, fair is fair, and still i keep my pov… which is completely aside from what we are talking here… the lack of proper rules…

if we play by the book, then anything we build is subject to some rando´s opinion of whats good and whats not…

if you mean to defend such policy then i cannot do anything about it,

and you say you “get the emotional aspect” but you say things like tenure and entitlement… i dont feel entitled to nothing… im not trying to defend overbuilding… im stating that without a proper set of rules on the building limit matter, we are pretty much blind on what is right or wrong.

just to set an example… lately a neighbor of mine went to the shores of the southern area of siptah… he built a ship… ON THE WATER… away from the shore… yes… he created a bridge to reach his ship… but it had a purpose…

you could see that ship as a base, or as a decorative landclaim based on the images in the guide of what to avoid in this forum… just because he had that bridge and a couple of huds alongside the bridge… the guy got a suspension of 2 weeks thus loose his things…without a proper warning.

look, im not here to oppose you or anyone else… if you read my words, all im doing is trying to improve the quality of the experience… or at least trying to discuss in an open space… you can agree or disagree with me and thats fine… but i would very much like this to be a civil exchange instead of an unnecesary exchange… i dont feel entitled to nothing… just want to make sure this wont become a toxic experience, and i love to play online with others so, here are my 2 cents.

Agree, they should put an upkeep cost to avoid refreshing with no playtime. I play every day (when the game o the server 1977 works lol) the only time i had to enter just to refresh was when im in hospital by covid and my my wife logged in my account.

1 Like

I agree with many of your points on the lack of rule transparency, but just wanted to comment on a separate point :slight_smile:

On Sunday there were 24 people online on the Official Server I play on. When I get home from work, there are normally 14 or more on. It may just be the particular server you play on, but the North American server I play on is packed!!! The only time I remember a server being this busy was when the game first came out and there were actually 40 people online and you had to try and refresh and squeeze in the moment someone left.

This means the update to the rules is more important than ever in my opinion, they need to be clear!

1 Like

why?.. how something inside my house is of anyone´s business?.. so now im the one to delete my stuff out of courtesy?.. in that case, get rid of your placeables as well… as a matter of facts, lets get rid of all of them since the only things we really use are the bed, the icebox and the benches.

why using placeables if there isnt a real use?.. what is the purpose of the weapons display rack?.. the bars?.. the chairs?.. the tables?.. i mean… do we even use glass and dishes to eat?..

we use them because we can, and again… im not talking overbuilding here… but what is overbuilding if there isnt a proper handling of such policy?..

1 Like

free to play period before 3.0 was crowed too