Funcom : What Are Your Plans Regarding The Dynamic Building Damage System?

But on PS4 you can make endless new accounts and get a free one week PS plus trial. As long as your PS4 is set up as your main accounts primary PS4, you can play CE on your trial account. More work (because you have to make a new body vault / stash character every week), but if people really want to, there’s a (free) way.

Not that I think DBD should be scrapped for that reason. PPL aren’t gonna stash sh’t if their mains base get raided every time they’re online.

1 Like

Is that an official statement from a Funcom dev, not see that anywhere, or is that your personal statement on how you feel? I have not seen anything from Funcom saying anything to this effect.

7 days and no answer from Funcom. Strange I guess they are too busy fixing all the bugs to answer serious questions on their games.

When DBD was announced there was a huge outcry in the forums and a lot of the criticisms were in the vein of what Selene brought up here. That the nasty pvp cheaters on officials would use it to engage in all kinds of exploits to avoid losing their stuff during raids.

When Funcom decided at the last minute to not deploy DBD to officials, I think the general assumption was the complaints were the reason.

However, now that I know how buggy and non- functional the feature is, I’m inclined to think that Funcom figured out it was buggy right before release and effectively “pulled” the feature.

5 Likes

I don’t think FC has rolled out the no family share on consoles yet. Could be wrong. But after the roll out toe only way to have 2 accounts is to have 2 copies of the game, meaning you have to buy the game (or have acquired it on the free period, and have that PSPLUS paid for to keep it) to have multiple accounts.

There hasn’t been an update to PS4 in months, so yeah, definitely not rolled out yet. Can they even roll that change out to consoles?

I’m not sure if they even can do that on Playstation. It’s just the way it works. You don’t choose a share option or anything. If I have a game I own installed and my account is the primary account on the Playstation, any account logged in to the Playstation can play the game (ofc they need PS plus for (online in) some games).

I think they can. there was a time some games couldn’t be shared, early on i know. WWE games might have been one, but i haven’t tried those in 2 or 3 years.

Yea I play on a private server and they had DBD on. Over Thanksgiving I went away for a week and came back to an empty base I lost 3 gods in the process, really not fun : (. I also want to know the conclusion to this…

2 Likes

PS+ is for the network. Yes, you have to buy the game separately if it is not on a ps+ download.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/bug-pvp-building-damage-on-sunday/150634/3

I saw in that post that a bug related to PvP scheduling on Sundays has been fixed in an internal build. Still no response from Funcom on the issue of fixes to the dynamic building damage system, but I hope this means there might be other fixes to the PvP settings in that same patch.

1 Like

Hoping as well. DBD if done right would generate some return of the burned out PVPers.

1 Like

But there was a time it was free to plus members, thus it would be playable as long as they have that account it was queued on active.

you don’t have to have it on the account you play on as long as the account you play on has PS plus.

like… Main account (the consoles primary account) got CE free with PS plus

Make new account. Activate PS plus free trial. New account can play CE.

I know people who got a 7/14 day suspension on their main PS account and kept playing that way.

Edit: not sure if that was what you actually meant. Maybe I just misunderstood your post.

Hey @helium3

Regarding the Dynamic Building Damage system and the projected changes to PVP, we announced that we would disable the feature (in official servers, or not enable it more like) and focus on fixing some shortcomings that were pointed out during the feedback rounds. It was pointed out, and correctly, that there was no point in many of the changes if there were some core loops that could be exploited to workaround them.

So we are still working on that. Some of the changes that stemmed from that are:
-The re-prioritization of the anti-undermesh tool. Even though it has been on Testlive since early this year, it was being updated once a month to cover some locations due to the slow input of data we could use to fine-tune it. So we got some more people assigned to it and it was made available, at least on its first public iteration, a few weeks ago. The tool is still being updated and work is needed to be considered 1.0, current focus being making it available on the Siptah map. It’s an ongoing process as there are still locations and false positives to iron out both in the Exiled Lands and Siptah.

-Changes to family sharing in dedicated servers. It was pointed out that some of the changes could be easily cheesed through the use of alts. We agreed, so we introduced the family sharing toggle that now allows servers to allow or prevent access to shared accounts, with it being disabled on official servers.

-Ironing out loopholes and cheese mechanics - exploits. There were other ways we received during the feedback rounds players thought the new changes would be invalidated, i.e. body vaulting, decay bugs. We started work on that as well, though these changes are still not out. They are being worked on, but no ETA that can be shared at the moment.

Once the patch with the DBD system was released, it was also reported that some of its features were not working as intended as well. The fixes for that were downprioritized due to the above, plus other critical issues that have popped up since then, not only on PC, but other platforms. Right now the focus is to deliver a stable 2.2 build while preparing a stronger foundation for 2.3. You’ll see why :soon: (hint hint, by the end of this week, keep an eye out :wink: ). Some of the issues reported with the DBD and some of its related features not working as intended are fixed internally and scheduled for 2.3 (i.e. Sundays being wonky), others fixed internally but pending review and testing, and others in the pipeline.

So TLDR of sorts, It is not an abandoned feature. It required, and still requires, a lot of behind the scenes work to make it work more on the line of what it was initially set out to do. We had underestimated this during the initial implementation and was rightly pointed out during the round of feedback before it being published. So we’ve been working on ironing that out first, while juggling with the other fronts that needed dealing with in the meantime, so we can focus later on the feature itself to be in tiptop shape.

16 Likes

Thanks for the reply @Ignasi! Just knowing that DBD is still on the table and an intended feature is a relief. We are very much looking forward to this becoming a stable and working feature down the road. Thanks again.

3 Likes

That is the current rule. But as far as I know that ability would be removed, thus no sharing. Again, there were some games that did not allow you to play on other PS accounts on same system. But most games allow it. Again, this is my understanding…any game on a PS4 is open to other users to play if the devs allow it for their game.

Maybe family share and master account are confusing or blurred here. It’s blurry to me.

Very informative. Wow you sure do know alot :wink: JK. I know getting this info together from multiple team leads was not easy.
SO to summarize
DBD is still in development waiting for these fixes…to me the main issue would be body vaulting. throwing an idea, how about anything in inventory (not armor being worn, or stuff in hotwheel) be put on a 6 hour decay timer once you log off. You don’t log back in, all of it will decay? Just trying to help.

Not a terrible idea, but I would probably make it so when your body despawns so does anything in your inventory (minus equipped and quickbar/wheel as you suggested)

1 Like