Funny no one has mentioned it yet, but Golems impacting PvP massively

We already placed 13 of them on our private server where the thrall limit is 15.

Base defense will be fun :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

And do you know why that is? Its because developers always need to sell their new content with something.

Thats why power creep exists, why new stuff is always at least a little bit better than the old stuff. To make people want it. To make people come check it. If nothing would change, the game would die. Thats why there will always be some kind of unbalance.

2 Likes

Add a paywall to it and you earn money :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, we tested it on Testlive and it was certainly something.
Didn’t make any threads about it 'cause local everything pvp related haters will just derail it.
We blocked it on our private server so it won’t affect us and beyond that, I don’t care much.
Typical Funcom move.
Oh btw check Sharp Iron Sword reward from new journey system. It’s really something if you like 1h swords :smiley:

2 Likes

Pretty funny that after all these years people still mention me. I only recognize people that were able to put up a good fight against me. Sadly i do not even know you so i am certain that the only bad thing here was your encounter with me :wink:

Dagger backflip and possibly short sword back step? Didn’t get to test much before having to get on online to deal with a raid. Cripple daggers really didn’t need a buff

This one amused me, the kingslayer of long swords. Unlike the lying bastard you can used it with a shield. I don’t hate the long sword getting some love tbh.

2 Likes

they will. in couple of days someone with incredible game knowledge will take this golem to farm some hide and he’ll get destroyed by a pack of wolves, cuz they be op, and cry about it here

As opposed to the standard echo chamber of pro-pvp that plagues this forum on a daily basis

2 Likes

The did get better with 3.0 in that 'yeah you can bring a thrall
if you want :man_shrugging: ’ but yea
those were really dark days.
'Dalensia Snowhunter, I choose you"
‘hahahahaha you think your Dalensia is any match for my Tiemos?. Beastmaster Teimos I choose you’

1 Like

PvErs just want to place carpets and tables with beer mugs, with pretty paintings to look at. Ya know, things you can do IRL. Lol

From my POV it’s always the PVP related topics that’s getting trolled by others than PVP players. Rarely see any PVP player even write in a PVE topic even if PVP players actually can relate to it.

PVEers just a few of them are so scared to see what would happen to their favourite weapon or tool. That’s why they need to come and downvote feedback threads about PVP and also act like they know something.

3 Likes

For a long time I was laughing and thinking the same, but the more tired I got of broken pvp and bad/toxic pvp players, my laugh became more silent, I suddenly realized that I was in a minority of people thinking there is only one way to play Conan Exiles, a minority that slowly becomes less impactful on development over time

It really shouldn’t be like this, Conan Exiles is a great game for a variety of game styles, no need to point fingers at anyone :wink:

5 Likes

Agreed, im totally ttolling. Game has great PvE stuff for sure. The first 4 months i started playing i was in love with all the PvE aspects of the game from dungeons to oepn world. But one can only run through Un named city so many times before the luster of the PvE aspects begin to dull. Once youve done everything PvE content has to offer you really see the shortcomings, which could easily be improved. This game CAN be a PvE and a PvP game simultaneously, however, Funcom devs, in most PvPers opinions, leave us high and dry. Even if its true that PvEers make up the majority of the player base, that doesnt make them correct on what should or sjouldnt be changed. PvPers are passionate about this game because the combat feels good on a fundamental level, bugs or no bugs, its just satisfying overall. People can call PvPers " toxic" all they want and ya know, i cant fully disagree with that statement. There are some miserable tools that ive met on this game. However, a lot of us just want this to be a solid game which it could be with some good changes. Many PvPers express their opinions on what theyd like to see changed ( perks for example; 1 shot goomba builds) and overwhelmingly its PvErs that live on the forums just to argue against any changes because they are fine with whatever FC hands them. Its almost always PVErs shooting down ideas, as if PvPers dont know how to or appreciate PvE. PvPers experience the game at a different level than PvErs but we still have to PvE. Infavt a lot of sweaty PvP bases ive raided have RP-PVP elements in them, because ya know, swag.
PvErs need to just chill. PVPers want the game to be better but FC cant even fix floating skybases after years of them being possible at this point. That should be #1 priority. But no
making sure player can sit on their Toilet the biught on the bazaar for $10 or whatever. Cant make this stuff up.
I dont know if FC even has anyone who deals specifically with the PVP side of the game anymore, but they need at least 2 people whk are soley focused on improving all aspects of PvP features of the game while not infringing too heavily on PvErs experience. I just dont think this currently is or ever will be the case though

Thnx.

Total agreement. It would require too much work to redesign the entire combat system away from the cool additions to a real strength and weakness design aspect that wouldn’t provide the emotional ties of finding ‘secret’ aspects of META.

Has anyone ever thought that META may be purposely inserted to add in more excitement and gain more content traffic towards the game? Only to “fix” after a bit of time (conveniently enough to maximize game exposure again) ?

I know this is something I would do in a game if it started to not get enough traffic anymore. Stir the pot and get people going with some strange and elegant META’s and then pull them back as a ‘Whoops My bad’

Katana, lightning storm
how many other "multiplier " errors can there be where they clearly had to test these things out during their design and no one over there noticed the storm ripping through buildings? No one noticed the katana’s special attack tearing NPC’s, thralls and other players in half?

Just saying
if three was ever a conspiracy theory with teeth dealing with FC, this may be it
intentional META to drive further play and marketing attention from the content providers and pulling out the fix later.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.