Edit: Please ignore my post. Problem happened again when I wasn’t even running the game or even tried it since boot-up. Guess its an overall system problem I have and nothing to do with the game. I’m sure I’ll come up with some solution somewhere… which will prob be a complete reinstall.
Hi, I’ve been playing the game about a week with zero problems. A few days ago i got the windows version 1903 update (May 2019). Since then the game is randomly crashing anywhere from playing for 2 mins to 20 miins.
When I say game crashing, I’m actually getting the BSOD (although sometimes the background is gold not blue. 0o). The error message is " unexpected kernel trap mode", which seems so generic it’s nearly meaningless even after looking up details of it.
After the update I had not changed a thing, anywhere, and everything else on my laptop works fine, including other games.
Things I’ve tried to resolve the issue:
- Used the game repair broken data
- Made sure I have all windowsupdates
- Completely uninstalled the game from Steam and reinstalled
- Check Windows OS files are ok by using “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” and “sfc /scannow”
- Made sure all drivers are update.
- Tried reinstalling video and audio drivers and DirectX 9 & 10
- Disabled Windows Defender completely
- Banged my head against a wall a few times
I run the game on default low settings on fullscreen. I only have a low spec laptop to play on, but it’s seemed to work fine for me for a week.
Specs are (try not to laugh ):
Acer Extensa 2511
Core i3 5005 cpu @ 2.00GHz
Windows 10 Home version 1903 x64
Intel HD 5500
Has anyone got any suggestion on what else I could try, or even whats causing the problem?
Any help greatly appeciated.