Game mod compatibility vs Game versions

Connecting to my modded server after the patch was such a nightmare that I actually ended up ragequitting and putting in a support ticket with the host site to have it deleted. Granted part of that was also due to how often the server itself would throw errors trying to connect or randomly kick me off, but the new loader was a major contributor as well.

The loader never once accepted my server mod as a valid version, even after I’d updated and re-cooked it twice and restarted the server like a half a dozen times. I was actually able to get on once (only after giving up and removing the mod I had made specifically for that server from the modlist), and then the next time I tried to connect I was told that another mod was the wrong version, even though it hadn’t been updated since I’d been on last. And then when I finally managed to get it to accept all the mods again, it took so long to connect that it timed out. At which point I’d had enough and just said to hell with it.

So yeah, that server, that I made all the NPCs for? That I was waiting for the mod loader to roll out before opening up for other players? It’s gone now. There’s no way I’m gonna try to run a server with mods on it if the loader is as janked as it is, because instead of streamlining the connection process it’s only made it more difficult and frustrating.

I may try again if and when they figure out how to get it to behave, but for now it’s just too much hassle.

1 Like