Gamepass-PC! My restored backedup saves get overwritten?!

I’m hoping someone can help, pls!

I can’t restore my backed up game.db files, as soon as I replace and load it up, it just gets overwritten and I’m back to square one? Is there something I’m missing?!

My save location; C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages\FuncomOsloAS.ConanExiles_pksky6d4g\LocalCache\Local\ConanSandbox\Saved\game.db.

I play single player offline, so how is that possible.

I have searched the net and all just points to backing up the game.db and reloading, that should work, but I just end up where I was before and my save gets overwritten automatically.

Can someone just please point me in the right direction, please!

Ok, it took a while, but this is valid from today - 07/07/21 - probably only until tomorrow, for single player offline.

In my case, the saved game is stored in; C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\FuncomOsloAS.ConanExiles_pkaxxxxxxx4g\SystemAppData

The long code will be unique to your game, I made a copy of the ‘SystemAppData’ folder in the same location, ‘SystemAppData - copy’. This is the backup of my saved game.

If I want to restore my saved game, I delete or backup the current ‘SystemAppData’ (just in case) and rename my previous ‘SystemAppData - Copy’ to ‘SystemAppData’. Connect to the internet, verify the game, disconnect from the internet. Continue your single player as you would normally and your restored saved game should load up successfully, there might be a slight delay. The game.db seems to be entirely redundant - currently anyway.

Now I really hope this makes sense and helps someone like me a few hours ago, at least saves some time and frustration, I know what it is like to spend time trying to claw back time like that, while I could be enjoying the game. Best of luck!

PS. you might have to fiddle with the windows permissions a bit.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.