German language corpse display names bug on my English language game?

Game mode: [Online Private]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [US] (unsure of coast)

I’m seeing German Language names on the human corpses I kill on a server, even though the server is in the US, and I set my language to English.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Kill a human enemy
  2. Inspect name on corpse when attempting to loot it.
  3. Corpse name is in German.

That’s because the server machine is running german language despite it’s geolocation. When I started my dedicated server I got spanish name tag because that computer was set to spanish in win10. Conan server will download data in certain languages according to win10 display language. Nothing wrong with your client but unfortunately it’s non-solvable on your side unless you switch to other servers.

Ah, Is this a legit workaround for the issue? I’m not sure if this is a code joke or a legitimate response. Apologies.

I’ve been playing on Siptah since last night and neglected to sleep, so not firing on all cylinders. Anyway, I don’t know much about the server code tweaks… but I’ll tell my friend who rented the server.

Copy that. Thank ye.

I’ve linked this thread so my friends can see it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

THis is happening on official servers as well since 2.4 came out :frowning:

Didn’t know that. Thanks for the heads-up. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.