Griefing claim spam Solution! FLAG SYSTEM!

i think a better solution would be that foundations/other blocks only give a claim radius when linked with a certain amount of other placealbe items. the amount could be configurable. so lets say you place a single pillar. it does nothing. but when you build a smal shack lets say 2x3 then that would provide a small claim radius. the radius would increase as the size of the structure grows.

1 Like

Did you read the description ? Looks like you didn’t.

Sorry , it looks like you didn’t understood at all the explanation.

Yeah neutral flags everywhere, just like pillars everywhere.

i do but your proposal is only valid for small to medium structures. buildings and bases as large as mine are just too big for your flag system to be viable.

yes when the world is started you can configure your claim radius.

I dont think you can but i am interested in this system. For official server this would be a god send but for private server i dont think this is needed.

If you read carefuly you have claim extenders, to enlarge the size of the territory and this is something to study on number possible, ( they have to be limited ) and the claim size.

Private servers Admins can tweak the numbers as they like.

Again if you read carefully the neutral flags can be interacted by anyone and are up as long as someone uses them .

you are still in some way limiting the size of structures, which is a restriction on creativity. which happens to be an important factor of the game.

what you want is a problem to solve foundation/pillar spam, without having legitimate builders becoming duped.

so basically the most elegant solution would be to give the claim radius based on the size of the structure. that way lone foundations are useless since they dont claim stuff anymore.

but lets say you want to build a city with lots of houses, all of these houses are multiple block structures, and will provide a decent claim. aka. start with 0 claim radius until a certain amount of blocks treshold (configurable) and above the treshold grant additional claim for every x amount of blocks.

highly customisable and way more elegant.

plus…no hassle with flags that have to be placed in certain positions or whatever.

then they will just fence long areas. Id rather see more to do with limiting an area of build thus a claim flag. and let us think how big of a land claim do you think would be ok and still have room for creativity?

I hate the idea of limiting creativity but the amount of players and their foundation spam is stupid. and pillars.
like one area ive must’ve spotted clost to 4000 pillar spam all the way around their base. And they use black ice material… which is suppose to be a hard to get material yet they built their whole base and pillars with it in a desert area not in the north area.

but to build in a area that depletes resources because of building is also bad. like ive seen clan just completely wall up any direction from the starting point just to have the whole map to themselves .

what if we did restriction on building block number and every 24/hr it double your limit so that you cant build a big base from the start but over time you are able to and once you reach a week then you get unlimited no restriction. This play time total so on the server you would need to play a total of 168 hrs to unlock unlimited block. So that new players doesnt become a spammer and allow them to force to play the game until a week and just make it unlimited.

that why i said every 24/hr double the limit so that it let you expand and allow you to plan a build better and be creative with the current limit so that when you do get unlimited you are more experienced builder. it solve the two problem restrictin and not restriction and player on server need to invest time in to the game rather then just stay and spam and leave.

do you mean playtime or clocktime? cause playtime would be long, i can easily reach lvl 60 in 24hours of playtime…

it would ruin the game. example;

i join a server per invite from a clanleader, to build them a huge base. they have gathered a tonne of materials for me to use.

except i cant build anything larger than a shack cause i havent been on the server for an eternity.

that wouldnt work eh?

a long fence would still require more effort than just spamming pillars.

to limit the size give a single block a radius in which nearby blocks count. that way a shack will have more blocks in that ‘linking radius’ than a fence will, thus, providing more claim than a fence or a wall.

logical right?

well i was thinking of just having a starting block limit of like 400 . Should be plenty for starter and should really redesign after that anyway.

trying to come up with simple solution what you have are complicated im sure their land claim are not really editiable like that

400 is like nothing at all… my structures are in the thousands of blocks lol go check the fanworks - share your shelter thread on around post 70 to see what size im talking about

oh I believe you. im just brainstorming where the limit should be for starting player so that you dont run into abuse of spam and limit clan from walling off entire sections of map.