Grim/Gothic RP Server and Mod Ideas?

Greetings Fellow Exiles,

I’m thinking about reopening a server with a Dark Souls/fantasy vibe or something of that sort- a grim world of Slavery, Conflict, Dark RP, etc…with the onset of Halloween- if if it were just a first season. Any ideas for world-building and a mod set up?

• Sp3ctre
1 Like

You defo want drachenfeles’s weather visuals mod…. DAAAARK and rainy

Thrall wars dungeon mod too but you’ll have to do a bunch of manual setup

1 Like

Sweet, thanks for the insight. Though does that gloomy weather mod you mentioned work on Savage Wilds?

• Sp3ctre

Just confirmed, it is not compatible with SW, as SW weather is already unique weather shtuffs to the Exiled Lands and it would be too much to have this mod in SW due to GPU performance issues. But thank you :slight_smile: Any other mod suggestions? (Conformed that reading about the mod in his workshop description).

Im going to test it on savage wilds and get back to you because this really is a mod you will love for the vibe youre going for. I have a variety of players on my servers with low end (980ti) graphics cards and they dont notice much of a hit. It is absolutely fabulous on the EL map and really just enables graphics features already in the unreal engine, so I would think its compatible with savage wilds. The darks are more dark, the rain and snow realistic (and with all that snow on SW, it ould be awesome) and the sun trajectory makes a hige difference (not to mention the fog).

Since you are using SW, you could include age of calamitous and just put out stuff you want your players to use, like the bosses and maybe the magic (depends on your personal taste) and leave all the aoc lore out which wont be modded onto the map automatically. There’s also a lot of cool stuff in exiles extreme and as admin you can disable the chest to limit whats available.

1 Like

Fantastic mods. I love em.

1 Like

Oh okay, thank you for the clarification. I just thought I read something in the description of the weather visuals mod that said you weren’t making it for SW or something like that. I must have just misread. I’ve considered AoC, though with the current modlist, I have in mind, perhaps that could give more Aesthetic toward the vibe I was thinking? My current modlist (server is not live yet) is:

° Pippi
° Kerozard’s Leveling Mod- Reloaded
° Barbarian Barber
° Emberlight
° Fashionist
° Immersive Armor
° RA: Character Customisation
° Savage Steel
° Shadows of Skelos - Extended
° Shadows of Skelos - Vol. 2
° Improved Quality of Life
° Asshuri Treasures
° Northern Timber
° Glass Constructions and More
∘ Savage Wilds
° Ravencrest Couriers
° Dudes Delightful Decorations
° Devious Desires
° Exiles Extremes
° Less Building Placement Restrictions
° LBPR - Additional Features
° Unlock Plus+Pickup
° SlaverMod
∘ Thrall Wars Dungeon Mod

This is my idea so far, and it all seems to run fine, though can’t seem to decide if I want AoC yet or not. I’ve used it much before, but am trying to go with more of a low fantasy feel rather than the high fantasy vibe I get from AoC.

With the above modlist idea, any suggestion on what I could take or switch out if I were to add the weather mod you guys speak of, as well as if I added in AoC?
@darthphysicist

I know what you mean and SW means “severe weather” on the mod description. The weather mods dont need any of that removed as they are tiny and touch different parts of game. I believe SvS2 also goes above extended. The mod description calls this out I believe.

1 Like

Oh, very well, thank you haha.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.