GSP's Christmas 2020 Brainstorming thread (SWL)

I know it seems too early, but it’s time for some Christmas brainstorming. For the next two weeks, I’ll be collecting ideas at GridStream parties and here and posting them on GSP’s forum. GSP folks will help me put them in some semblance of order, and I’ll put a little more detail into our favorites, with reference images where appropriate. Then I send the whole list off to FC roughly two months before the event, hopefully around the time they patch in whatever’s new for Halloween and start planning Christmas.

Posting the official list on the GSP forums and linking to it from the AO and SWL forums worked well so far, so let’s go with that again. On the GSP forums, I don’t have to worry about dividing the list between AO and SWL, and the post length and editing restrictions are much looser, so I can manage the list better as ideas come in.

If you’d like to see what’s already in the list, the thread is at http://forums.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29906. You can add to it there if you have a GSP forum account. If not, just reply to this thread and I’ll copy it over there. Or come to a show and chat about it. That’s always preferred because batting the ideas around first often makes them better, or at least clearer.

Once I’ve finalized the list, I’ll post the whole thing here too, but separated into AO and SWL posts.

And yes, you can always just post your own suggestion any time you want, but I find that these threads, especially the discussions of them at parties, bring up a lot more ideas and more of them actually get posted in a big pile FC can more easily find. So let’s hear it. What do you want to find under the Agartha Christmas trees this year?

For those who don’t follow the GSP forums and aren’t interested in the AO side of the ideas, here’s just the SWL-related ideas. If you want the whole list, they’re at that same link above.

Dear Santa Leet, the Ghost of Saint Nicholas, Michizure,
and whomsoever else, fictional or otherwise, may be working on Christmas goodies for Secret World Legends and/or Anarchy Online,

Here’s GSP’s annual brainstorming contribution of Christmas ideas. They were collected over the course of three weeks of GSP parties, plus whatever was set aside since last year. The forums were quiet again, but we got a pretty good list anyway. GSP DJs, Dancers, and staff helped put them in order so I could fill in extra details on our favorites, but as always, the whole list is here.

1. warm winter beverages

Hot cocoa, spiced cider, mulled wine, coffee with eggnog, peppermint mocha, horchata, wassail, etc…

Perhaps some chilled winter beverages too, for those summer planets, like cold eggnog with rum or bourbon and fresh ground imported nutmeg.

1. wearable knee-length Christmas stockings

Above the knee socks, red, black, and white, like the traditional Christmas Stockings you’d hang over the fireplace. Fuzzy tops and everything. (Everything but the leet peeking out of them, anyway.) Of course, above a certain height, it’s a leg item, so give them plain white cotton panties with a little red bow. Maybe a little cheeky, but definitely not thongs. No shoes with them, but they’re leg items, so wearing boots with them should override their foot texture, right? If you wanted to make a whole outfit out of it, sleepwear and socks for Christmas morning, a cute little white cotton demi-cami would work. Something like https://www.nordstrom.com/s/free-people-intimately-fp-ribbed-v-neck-crop-top/5282937

1. candy cane bikini and stockings

We’ve asked for this one a lot. Candy cane striped thigh-high stockings and a matching bikini to go with it, because if you have to include bottoms with thigh-highs, you may as well make a whole set of it. There are plenty of different interpretations to choose image references from, but the particular one I had in mind, I had to draw myself to get it right. The key detail here is the three red and three white straps for the shoulders and hips merge into the red and white stripes that make up the top and bottom. If I had the technical specifications and test environment to make it myself, I would. Heck, if I had the time to learn how, I’d make it with RK4 fabric. Unfortunately, I still haven’t found time to even fix the shoes in this example, so, do what you can with those, I guess.

1. something sexy for men

There are a few decent suits available in both games, and there are skimpy options like speedos and mankinis, which are notably less popular on men than women, but we’re a little lacking in appealing options in between. Somewhere in between AO’s Play Costume - Holiday Series 1 and 3 is the hole in the wardrobe.

For one relatively easy example, AO’s men’s Miiir Suit is pretty good, but could be a little better. Give it Christmas colors, perhaps several different versions in dark red, white, forest green, and/or candy cane stripes, mix and matching with gloves and boots. Throw in a little bit of shiny silver, like cufflinks, watch chain, things like that. Then add a bow tie, even with the shirt unbuttoned.

1. wreath tube top

Wreath patterned fabric, not an actual fir branch. Maybe a bit of green fringe. Holly berries or mistletoe, perhaps. Bit of red ribbon in the front. Surprisingly hard to find any reference images for that, but I think you’ll get the idea.

1. snowflake bikini

The less scandalous version of this is a pale blue basic triangle bikini with a simple snowflake print.
like https://www.amazon.com/Winter-Snowflakes-Swimsuit-Beachwear-Swimwear/dp/B082S3MTZ2

The open minded science fiction version involves adjusting the snowflake nanospray machine to produce scaled down versions and apply them strategically in lieu of a cloth bikini. White pasties and a stringless thong, basically.

The compromise between them is a white mesh teddy, almost transparent like the white fishnet stockings on the 2nd and 6th Anniversary Play Costumes, with opaque snowflakes on it here and there. Like the String Vest of AUNO, but a tighter mesh. The snowflakes would stand out as the part that /doesn’t/ shimmer with moire interference. Or maybe hexagonal lace so it looks like a frosted window with snowflake decorations. Not just the mandatory three flakes as above, but a little flurry of them scattered about. Kind of like these:

1. More bunny ears

We just need more than black. AO has several different colors of the same thing, which generally seems to be a more TSW thing, so why only black here? Leave them in the store, give them out for event daily login or mysterious snowflakes, whatever. Just more colors.

1. red and green plaid teddy

Around the neck like a scarf, or just back of the neck, and down the front, merging like a bodysuit at the bottom. Similar design to https://www.yandy.com/Lace-Fantasies-Teddy.php but with a little more behind the neck. A plaid of opaque red and green stripes with strategically positioned white lace would be even better.

1. it’s too warm for this scarf

A similar idea, but for the chest only. A colorful scarf (plaid, reindeer, Christmas tree, snowflake patterns, etc) around the neck and loose over the shoulders and down the chest in front, with nothing underneath. Because clothes would make it too warm for this scarf.

1. rolling snowman pet

A snowman pet that moves by rolling its body like AO’s rollerrats while the head remains hovering above or leans forward like BB-8. Maybe you could make them throw snowballs at other pets, but not at cats. They should throw them at the Orochi drones that flit around zapping cats, instead. Unless you can make the cats leap (or teleport) out of the way.

1. wide crocheted virgin-killer minidress

I’ve suggested this before and I can’t imagine how this dropped to 18 this year. Must be too much other good stuff.

Anyway, it’s a medium grey “virgin-killer” sweater/dress, like https://www.amazon.com/Lucky2Buy-Sleeveless-Cosplay-Turtle-neck-Pullover/dp/B074HZBW1T
but with some silver threads for a little glitter. Preferably a wide gauge crochet, so even what little it covers, you could almost peek through, if only it weren’t glued in place.

1. Christmas bikinis like the ones in AO

2. red and white version of AO’s zebra suit

3. red satin ribbon monokini with a bow in the small of the back

1. tradable tinsel hat
  • like what happens when a tinfoil hat doesn’t protect you from blowing your own mind with a new conspiracy theory no one ever realized before
  • +1 to resist Orochi’s game servers reading your mind over the internet and dynamically lowering the drop rate of what you’re looking for.
  1. glowsticks for dancing

2. snow bikini / snowball bra / snowman heads on a scarf bandeau

3. silver tinsel lei and thong with side fringe and silver heels

4. tiara of twined mistletoe and holly, like a laurel crown

1. Portable heating unit pet
    high-tech anti-grav fusion-powered hover-sled with a lit campfire on it
  1. Wreathe Back Pack
  1. Christmas stocking soft boots
  1. wreathed tophat

2. Christmas Tree suit, like a pants and jacket version of AO’s Tree Dress

1. Leet pet dressed up as the Mouse King from the Nutcracker
  1. gingerbread outfit
    like a brown disco suit with white piping
  1. Jolly Christmassy N-95 style face masks
  1. a top that is crossed bandoliers of little candy canes
    probably better as a coat/back
  1. some nuts to crack, maybe walnuts, chestnuts, etc.
  1. catalog of cataclysms
    Blood Magic focus with very small print containing a list of all the prophecies of the end of the world that didn’t happen and thousands of years of near apocalypses that turned out to be not as bad as everyone thought at the time

Thanks for your continued work on our favorite worlds and for reading (at least some of) this and letting us contribute some ideas to the holiday development cycle. I hope you find at least some of it useful and/or amusing. We’re looking forward to seeing what Santa Leet and Hel bring us this year. Mostly Santa Leet, I guess. Hel and Krampus are kinda mean about it. Of course, if good ol’ Saint Nick were to make a comeback, that would be great.

– Jezebelle

1 Like

Are you saying 48. should be a Santa’s beard face mask?!

1 Like

Not specifically what I had in mind, but sure. That would work.