GSP's Christmas 2021 Brainstorming thread (SWL)

It’s the end of August and there are Halloween candies on the shelves, so it must be time to collect Christmas ideas! I know it seems crazy early, but that’s how it works out. Just pretend it’s summer Christmas, like in Australia. Or you Aussies can ponder what it’s like on the North side of the coin. For the next two weeks, I’ll be collecting ideas at GridStream parties and here, maybe even Facebook, and posting them on GSP’s forum. GSP folks will help me put them in some semblance of order, and I’ll put a little more detail into our favorites, with reference images where appropriate. Then I send the whole list off to FC roughly two months before the event, hopefully around the time they patch in whatever’s new for Halloween and start planning Christmas.

Posting the official list on the GSP forums and linking to it from these AO and SWL forums worked well so far, so let’s go with that again. On the GSP forums, I don’t have to worry about dividing the list between AO and SWL, and the post length and editing restrictions are much looser, so I can manage the list better as ideas come in.

If you’d like to see what’s already in the list, the thread is at http://forums.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30053. You can add to it there if you have a GSP forum account. If not, just reply to this thread and I’ll copy it over there. Or come to a show and chat about it. That’s always preferred because batting the ideas around first often makes them better, or at least clearer.

Once I’ve finalized the list, I’ll post the whole thing here too, but separated into AO and SWL posts.

And yes, you can always just post your own suggestion any time you want, but I find that these threads, especially the discussions of them at parties, bring up a lot more ideas and more of them actually get posted in a big pile FC can more easily find. So let’s hear it. What do you want Hel, Krampus, and/or the Ghost of Saint Nicholas to bring you this year?

2 Likes

Here’s the Secret World part of the Christmas wishlist I sent off to the ghost of Saint Nicholas. For those of you interested in both AO and SWL, it would be quicker to get the full list on the GSP forums. It’s posted on the same thread I linked above.

Dear Saint Nicholas, Michizure, and/or whichever elves might possibly be hard at work on this year’s Christmas Gifts,

Here’s GridStream’s annual brainstorming contribution of Christmas ideas for SWL [and AO, but that’s edited out for this forum]. They were collected at three weeks of GSP parties, plus a couple that came up since last time. The forums were pretty quiet, and our parties are mostly in AO these days, but we got a pretty good list anyway, and a lot of the ideas apply to SWL, too. GSP DJs, Dancers, and staff helped put them in order so I could fill in extra details on our favorites, but as always, the whole list is here.

1. Little Red Dress with long white stockings and sleeves
    A barely-there red dress, neckline all the way down to the navel, hem all the way up to the panties, no back, and a little bit of scalloped gold embroidery about the hem. Basically a red version of Play Costume - Fifth Edition. Then add sheer white lacy elbow-length gloves, matching white thigh-high stay-up stockings, red heels, and a gold necklace with a silver snowflake.

2. red and white thongs to go with the red and white thongs
    SWL needs Christmas bikinis like AO, to go with the flip-flops they already have, because not all Christmas parties are outside in the snow.

3. green version of zebra print outfit
    Who says there can’t be critters just like zebras somewhere in Agartha’s strange reaches, but with green stripes instead? I don’t know what you’d call them, but animal print bodysuits based on them seem pretty obvious. And red ones, too, even if they’d kinda look like candy cane horses. I expect pet candy cane horses to be on the next list.

1. Snow-Dancing Santa Claus
    Miniature Santa Claus Doll “pet” that occasionally does a little dance one might interpret as a northern tribal snow-dance to summon a snow shower
  1. leets in Naughty List boxers
    With ragged holes chewed in the back for those thick tails. If you thought scissors were hard to use with no thumb, try it with no hands.

2. “edible” fruitcake bars
    Pre-packaged snack-size fruitcakes, like granola bars, but harder. Are those colorful bits candied fruits or plastic gems? Produces phrases like “Ow, my jaw!” and “Fruit doesn’t make that sound.” and “Too much adobe.” Maybe it’s even dangerous. Maybe it’s so dense that exposing it to ionizing radiation could cause it to collapse into a black hole. Maybe don’t try it, just in case.

1. more Christmas bikinis
    The same style and design as AO’s Naughty List Bikini (#2 above) would be fine. Even better would be a variety of designs, like white snowman heads on a green bikini with gold straps or red ornaments on a gold bikini with silver straps or some such combination. These two ideas were more different in the full list.
  1. Candycane striped thigh-high leggings
    Because that probably needs to be a whole leg item, here are some options for whole outfits that could be a part of:
  • candy cane striped deep-v mini-dress, short enough to see a couple inches of thigh between the hem and the stockings, like AO’s Play Costume - Fifth Edition
  • candy striped miniskirt and crop top, like AO’s Play Costume - Sixth Edition
  • translucent dress the color of a green gumdrop with opaque white “sugar crystals” like Swarovski crystals and strategially placed starbursts
  • or my favorite stripey strappy bikini option, triple-strap triangle bra and tanga bottom with red straps that merge right into the red stripes on the panels
    GridStream Productions • View topic - Jezebelle's Fashions
  1. The Christmas Conspiracy
    It’s the flute, isn’t it? There must be something blocking the reintroduction of this classic TSW holiday mission. If you can work around that block somehow, it would be nice to have this back, and probably less work than designing a whole new winter event?

2. a candy-striped walking cane you can do Nassir’s Dance with
    I suppose it would be a separate dance that just happens to use the same animations, but a different prop. And if you’re going to make that prop anyway, maybe make it a weapon skin, too? Depending on which end you hold, it would work as a hammer or a blade. Or an assault rifle or shotgun, I suppose. We’re clearly firing anima instead of bullets anyway, so it doesn’t really matter if it has no moving parts, right?

3. pants that actually go with the Christmas sweaters
    Personally, I always thought the whole point of Traditional Ugly Christmas Sweater was that it doesn’t go with anything, but there does seem to be some demand for something to wear it with. Maybe not something that matches, exactly. Maybe just a pants version of the same theme, making an almost coherent outfit. Maybe grey brown slacks or jeans with some dark red stitching and some holly on the back pocket?

1. sheer red backless babydoll nightie with an opaque maribu neckline and white lace panties
    A neckline so deep and wide that the one inch of fluffy white maribu trim covers the R-rated bits, like the hula lei in AO. A simple tie gathers it back together below the breasts, tying like an apron at the lower back. The two halves that don’t quite meet below that only come half-way down the buttocks and the front just meets the top of the white panties, so the opaque white straps are visible through the sheer red gauze.A neckline so deep and wide that the one inch of fluffy white maribu trim covers the nipples, like the hula lei. A simple tie gathers it back together below the breasts, tying like an apron at the small of the back. The two halves that don’t quite meet below that only come half-way down the buttocks and the front barely meets the top of the white panties, so the opaque white straps are visible through the sheer red gauze at the hips.
    I looked for a photo reference for this, but couldn’t quite find what I had in mind. I hope you can get a clear enough idea what I mean from that description because posting half a dozen partially similar racy lingerie shots would probably trigger either censorship or spam protection.
  1. Christmas wrapping paper tuxedo / teddy

2. strapless bandeau-style wreath bikini

3. red ribbon bandeau and a thong with a gold star in front and a bow in back

1. Sad melting snowman
  1. gingerbread costume
    like a brown jogging suit with white piping and a few colorful buttons
  1. teddy bear backpack
  1. stuffed toy elf backpack, perhaps sitting on a wrapped gift like the classic “elf on a shelf”

2. light blue jumpers with white snowflakes and icicles (sweaters/jumpsuit)

3. tiny mouse-sized leet stirring a mug of cocoa
    … just like the mouse in The Night Before Christmas wasn’t

1. Quarantine Yeti costume
  1. black pajamas with white snowflakes, same style as the pink heart ones, but looks like Christmas Eve night snow
  1. pepper spray with the capsaicin charge replaced with holiday scented oils
    peppermint, wintergreen mint, cinnamon apple, vanilla butter cookies, mulled wine, turkey gravy and sage onion stuffing, spiced fruit (apple, pumpkin, mincemeat) pies, other Christmas smells, perhaps as random floating text like the exquisite chocolates
    causes no damage, but may cause confusion, distraction, nostalgia, and stomach grumbles
  1. Gingerbread house you wear on your head
    AO has that old no-trade cathedral-looking one that doesn’t drop any more. That model should work.
  1. Music box Christmas Gift
    plays some simple holiday jingle you’d have to come up with, like something based on the game’s theme, but played by a music box, or something public domain, like Jingle Bells or Silent Night
  1. Christmas fruits like oranges, tangerines, satsumas

Thanks for your continued work on our favorite worlds and for reading (at least some of) this and letting us contribute some ideas to the holiday development cycle. I hope you find at least some of it useful or at least amusing.

– Jezebelle

1 Like

" 47. Quarantine Yeti costume"

That’s on point - pretty much everyone wearing a mask these days sounds like Chewbacca unless they take special measures.