Guard thralls not doing damage to npc

Game mode: Online Official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: America

I’ve noticed guard thralls not dealing damage to enemies until you get up close to the fight. I can stand there and watch 1 wight take 5 Berserker thralls to half hp and not fall himself, but as soon as i walk up next to the fight the enemy drops like a fly.

This basically means anytime I hear a commotion going on outside my base i HAVE to take part in it or my guards will die eventually, when a wight should not be able to survive a Berserker mosh pit.

This was an issue before any recent patches, but I just ignored reporting it.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Park Guards somewhat near a mob spawn
  2. wait for them to engage from a distance
  3. watch them not kill the enemy, but get hurt themselves
    4.Resolves when you get close enough to the fight
2 Likes

Hey there , this bug has already been reported , I hope it will be fixed soon ( making the range a little more so that anything in your render distance is actually dealing damage and not just npcs )

the reason behind this is to save some server calculation , so things far enough from you doesn’t deal dmg or take dmg , the problem is that there is a difference of a few meters between npc/wild annimals and thralls/pets so there is an " area " where npcs/wild annimals still deal dmg and don’t take any , whereas thralls/pets take damage but don’t deal any where all should be equal to solve this bug … as explained in the other report .

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.