Halloween meteorites expire upon impact

Game mode: Online Official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: EU

When a halloween meteor shower occurs, the meteors disintegrate upon landing, but leave a purply smoke vapor particles behind.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Wait for Halloween Meteor Fall
  2. Run to Impact Area
  3. Observe purple smoke vapor particles with nothing under that.
  4. According to other people on the server, they saw meteors actually landing around them point blank, but no meteor remained on the floor.
1 Like

Report supplemental:

It is believed that colliders of other objects interfere with the meteors spawning. The same applies to claim volumes, such as structures…

interfere with nothing where I was , in the middle of desert , only sand around me , they landed a few meters from me , but there were only particles , no meteors or anything to harvest

I can confirm

1 Like

Report supplemental:

You have to collapse the wave function of a meteor to make it pop. I.e. You have to be there to see it land, for it to instantiate.

2 Likes

This is happening to me as well. Either that or spend five minutes running to where I saw them land to find nothing there. Have yet to actually find one and am gonna call this a wild goose chase with no benefit. Need to fix the collision issue and increase the decay timer, otherwise, this just becomes playing in the dark for a week which is not appealing in the least.

1 Like

ah, that explains the searching to find them and have them not be there, but not the fact that I physically saw them hit the ground and then nothing but mist and dark spots.

yeah it seems you’re right. Have been experimenting the same thing.

I wonder if this is the same issue some of us have been seeing with meteors in the north. I’ve seen the meteor shower, but when I checked them out later there were no meteors in the entire north (and nobody else had been online). Lots of others have been reporting a lack of meteors up north, even though they’ve seen showers.

1 Like

Ok, meteors actually work. You just need to figure them out.

They can instantiate on foundations even. Just need to witness their crash directly in your close render range.

They crash in the same spot with exactly 19 minute 40 seconds timer.

1 Like

And there I wondered wether I would need to verify my game data. Seems to be (almost?) the same like the old starmetal glitch?

Edit:
Ok, then its time for mentioning. @Tascha?

Edit 2:
Thanks Tascha. Btw. I did let steam search for errors in game data. It found nothing. Needless to say, no meteor-nodes spawning.

Yup! Exactly like that actually. The shell breaks off upon landing.

Taking this back to the team for sanity check, thank you!

3 Likes

I can confirm the same. If you are not near where they impact, they do not appear to be spawning. If you are near, and see them impact they are spawning. At least on my private server.

Same happening for me. lots of smoke. Seems I can sometimes bounce off something invisible there as well, but no rock to mine.

Confirmed, if you are not within rendering distance or LoD as they say, the purple smoke will be there when you get to the impact point, but the rock won’t be there. Still happening after the hotfix. I am guessing it’s due to the render distance range update preventing them to spawn, like they are an interactable objects and expire upon rendering.

A few patches ago something like this happened to star metal when it came to earth without the protective shell. They fixed that by putting the shell back. Jens said they were working on this but hadnt found a solution yet.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.