Hard reset for 3.0

Most of the problem is the many alt accounts but the devs aren’t going to do anything about that because it makes it look like more people follow them and play their games than actually do. What looks like 1000 followers is more realistically only say 50-100 people. It’s stat padding.

Take Barbarian TV for instance. It’s an Xbox club for Conan Exiles. At a glance you think there’s a lot of people in this club. In reality it’s like maybe 10 people with like 50 alts each. It’s despicable, they will literally post something with one account and then log on their alts and “like” and comment on their own posts. Once you realize the reality of it it just kills the whole thing and sadly that is the state of most online franchises and services. They pad their stats, write their own reviews delete the things that make them look bad

That’s sweet.

I googled everything, it says you are wrong.

Case closed.

LOL. k.

I was just trying to refer to you tools that might help you and those tools being provided by the ones in control.

I think a compromise solution for this issue would be to have Official 3.0 servers as an option where everyone starts fresh. These servers would be easily discernable by either an adjustment to their name or simply when you look at the age of the server.

For those that want to start fresh they’ll have an option to do so on a fresh server. For those that want to keep their loot will continue to play on an already existing server.

Easy solution.

Good idea. There are plenty of servers that are empty of structures and could easily be completely wiped and opened.

Exactly my point. So many empty servers. This is a great game, these servers should not be empty.

Well if anyone didnt see the live stream, no wipes 3.0 confirmed

My intentions in suggesting a hard rest for Conan Exiles are not selfish. Wipe the servers. Wipe the body vaults. Give everyone a fresh start. Obviously the larger clans will get back on top first but if you don’t wipe their body vaults they just remain on top anyways, on every server for both Exiled Lands and Isle of Siptah. People won’t even be able to explore this new magic and building pieces without these players tapping a body vault first day of release and wiping them. Servers will remain empty because that’s the recipe for victory in this game = total control.

Meanwhile, I’m running around in salvaged Vanir armor with a Jelm of the Brute and some hand-crafted dragon bone weapons(axe, throwing axes and spear) and enjoying it and it occurs to me that I don’t need to spend another dime on this game to keep enjoying it this way :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Not to mention the dupers, dont know if its still a thing on not. I remember for weeks, the constant server lag you knew when someone was trying to manually force a dupe lol it would be lag lag lag lag for 10 mins then crash, the other way, was let the server reset, and do it then but some werent that patient so they made ways around it

1 Like

I remember people saying things like this all the time on the forums. Usually the same handful of people repeating the same idea – “so many empty servers, they should just repurpose or consolidate them” – just like you’re doing now.

And then they announced server merges, and the forums exploded. It turned out that the handful of you who like to repeat this don’t really represent the majority of people playing the game.

2 Likes

I said nothing of the sort so don’t quote me. I want to see empty servers full again. Nothing about repurposing or consolidating. Wipe the body vaults so that these bored individuals have to get back into the grind for awhile instead of just trolling 24/7

PS: I don’t like you either but I’m still not gonna misquote you

PvP = Yes / PvE = No / PvE-C = No

1 Like

Server player counts…I like the idea that there are a variety of different server sizes in terms of active player counts. a full PVP server has it’s fun but it’s a completely different fun than a sparse PVP server where its more RP in potential that the thunderdome experience on a full server.

True, you didn’t use the words “repurpose” or “consolidate”, you were arguing to wipe them, because “they’re empty”.

I liked the idea of wipes, but it’s pretty clear that you don’t even represent the majority on the forums, much less the majority of playerbase, which is what all these “servers are empty so you might as well do X to them” ideas rely on. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

No, I’m trying to discuss the potential advantages and “pros” of doing a full. He is making his own point. I have my own. I would like to see everything reset because I believe that if everyone has nothing on all of their various accounts then they will have to dedicate time to maybe just 1or 2 accounts to start to rebuild and have a purpose other than just stalking people out of boredom because they have no need to grind or build, just straight up harass and pvp.

But @Sairdontis i appreciate the feedback and input and other ideas you’re trying to bring to the table here.

You have no idea how many players not on the forums (most of them btw) would be in favor of wiping non structured servers to ensure a fresh start on those servers. I will repeat the fact that the forums do not represent the entire playerbase nor do they represent the majority of players, only a relatively small handful in fact.

I would like to ask those against wipes on structure empty servers why they would care if these servers were wiped ??

Here’s the thing @CodeMage , I play on Xbox and only on pvp servers, I only represent me but it does appear that at least half the people in this thread understand what I’m trying to say and why I’m saying it.

You on the other hand are part of the PC community, Funcom bread and butter for Conan. And by your own admission you play on the PvE and sometimes PvE-C servers. You don’t want resets that’s fine but don’t even try to act like you’re not just here specifically just to try and argue with me personally

Like I already said, I like the idea of wipes. That’s why I liked your post when you opened the topic, and why I liked several other posts arguing for it.

And yes, I play mostly PVE-C and a bit of PVE, and I still like the idea of wipes, for my own reasons that have to do with serial refreshers and with the accumulation of pay-to-win Siptah content on Exiled Lands servers.

You’re the one who’s taking this like a personal attack, just because I pointed out that the “servers are empty so let’s do X to them” hasn’t worked out really well in the past. And you’re making your replies personal, for whatever reason:

1 Like