- Healing Arrows Are REALLY Supposed To Be THIS Weak?

Healing arrows were a lot better than this as I recall. Is this a bug or a nerf? If this is a nerf please un-nerf them - this is crazy ineffective!

It is really hard to tell how much they are healing in that video since you keep moving around, but it looks the same as 2.8.

They used to heal a ton, but that was a very long time ago. Currently, they heal 10 health per second for 10 seconds (100 total). For a player, that isn’t too bad, but it is next to nothing for a follower.

4 Likes

Does food override healing arrows? Because the food was already doing that much. They had exotic feast in the thrallpot:

I suppose healing arrows are not stackable?

In any case this seems broken because 10 per second for 10 seconds is 100 in ten seconds.

at 00:00:37 he is 192hp at 00:00:57 he is 271hp (20 seconds passed 79 points gained).

That is 79 points up in 20 seconds. According to your information it should be 200 and the food should make that a total of 400 up over those 20 seconds. So he should have gone from 192 to 592 between those time codes.

By 00:01:10 he reaches 322 health where by our assumed numbers he should be up around 800 or 900hp and climbing. Even if we assume he’s not eating the food this isn’t right. If no foods were involved he should have gone from 192 at 00:00:37 to 522 at 00:01:10 - yet he’s only at 322.

If it’s food and no affect from the healing arrows that still is incorrect. Again, between those time codes with that food ONLY he should be at 522 and not 322.

If both food and the healing arrows were working as we assume he would be 852 by 00:01:10 and yet as stated, he’s at 322. :frowning:

No. At least not in 2.8. If you want a better test of this, don’t give them food and use healing arrows only.

No. They heal through a gas cloud and only one cloud can exist within a certain area at a time. Basically poison arrows, but healing.

This should be tested in a more controlled scenario, not riding around on a horse and flinging arrows every which way. Eliminate food as a variable and test with different levels of Authority.

I thought authority only affected followers?
Thralls currently designated as “following”… is this incorrect?

Here there is a “+” on his bar signifying healing. There wasn’t always, during the purge heal in the 1st post.

Without healing arrows he gets 2hp/sec.
With healing arrows he gets 6.7hp/sec.
Healing arrows contribute 4.7hp/sec.

In order for him to heal from near death to full health WITH healing arrows he needs about 16 minutes and 96 perfectly timed healing arrows. If not perfectly timed then well over 100 (probably 130 or so) would be needed.

Authority only affects Active Followers.

His stats (without Healing Arrow):

His stats (with Healing Arrow)

No foods were used or available.

For self healing with Healing Arrows:

1hp/sec normal healing.
6.07hp/sec healing arrow healing.
total healing 7.07hp/sec.

Dear @Community - please read this thread and consider increasing the effectiveness of healing arrows. Thank you!

If me, I would want them to be a percentage of the health pool. Like 5% of MaxHealth over 10 sec. This provides for the differences between a 5k or 6k thrall that is in need of healing and a player with only 400 to 800 HP. So 20 arrows over 200 seconds to completely heal from near death - regardless of MaxHealth value.

• Edited for consolidated reading
1 Like

The point in testing with Authority is to see if they nerfed healing in order to give a fake “boost” with Authority.

Prolly… I do not care about that. Only healing arrows. One thing at a time.

Heal yourself with the healing arrows to see if the arrows are nerfed or the thralls are.

1 Like

they used to be insane, they got nerfed.

That’s a good idea…

Looks close to the same…

1hp/sec normal healing.
6.07hp/sec healing arrow healing.
total healing 7.07hp/sec.

That’s too bad.

They already heavily nerfed healing arrows to barely being useful, now they decided to nerf them away into being yet another completely useless item that nobody will ever use.

Yup, seems so… I guess it might make the unknowing feel better seeing the white cloud tho. :crazy_face:

And all this doesn’t even address the fact that they didn’t register properly (maybe) during the purge - as shown in the purge video atop the thread…

In 2.8, Weak Aloe Extract heals 80 over 5 seconds at a cost of 3 Aloe. A rate of 16 health per second and 26.7 per Aloe Leaves.

Aloe Extract heals 120 over 5 seconds at a cost of 10 Aloe. A rate of 24 health per second and 12 per Aloe Leaves.

Healing Arrows heal 100 over 10 seconds at a cost of 5 Aloe + 1 Water Orb per arrow. A rate of 10 health per second and 20 per Aloe Leaves.

The healing is slower and lower per second than the potions, while the cost is right between them in Aloe Leaves. The lower healing and the extra cost of Orbs pays for the convenience of it being ranged and an area of effect, in my opinion.

If the other types of healing are unchanged, then I see no reason why Healing Arrows should have been nerfed (again).

You mean that’s supposed to be what healing arrows are? Because I just showed they’re about 50 or 60 over 10 seconds (depending) and not 100.

I said

Oh, that was for all paragraphs… k, got it.

Dear @ConanExilesDev and @den - please read this thread and consider increasing the effectiveness of healing arrows. Thank you!

I was going to tag @ Funcom but that’s 68 people. My goodness…

If me, I would want them to be a percentage of the health pool. Like 5% of MaxHealth over 10 sec. This provides for the differences between a 5k or 6k thrall that is need of healing and a player with only 400 to 800 HP. So 20 arrows over 200 seconds to heal from near death - regardless of MaxHealth value.

They were nerfed a while ago, and yes they do completely suck at keeping thralls alive now. If I am going to take time out of combat to try to keep a thrall alive, I do not want to have to stay out of combat so long just to see its health creep up a tiny bit then still have to pull him out and abandon the combat altogether. I want my actions, whether fighting directly or firing a healing arrow, to make a difference that’s meaningful. Healing arrows definitely need a revisit. Maybe pick a point halfway between where they are now and where they used to be for Hp/second. Or go for 500 total HP healed over 10 seconds. Then a cool down of 5 seconds or so maybe. Quick strong healing burst, not a longer time with barely noticeable effect.

Yes, healing arrows are not much use currently. An increase would be welcome.

On the help-yourself-side of things: Thralls can now be healed via potions and bandages. Also, the “healthy diet” option in Authority is pretty great for out of combat healing.

But in combat, the health pool is somewhat fixed on what they started with. Except for food, all healing options are… limited. Very limited.

Not necessarily a bad thing, I must add. A game can be balanced around that. Personally, I’d prefer healing arrows, potions and bandages to heal for % of total health, but maybe increase their cost so that they’re not throwaway items and it’s a real choice to use a potion on a thrall.

Maybe add a “follower health” potion that costs some alchemical base, but heals for %? Or add greater healing arrows along the same line?

2 Likes