Hear me out, Mate System

Now i know a lot of people are against this, and that “It’s a survival game” or “I blame other games for this” etc.
But think about it, ultimately you are a kind of ruler in this game, and you can of course choose to rule alone or with a “Mate” your “Man or Woman” not to mention on the beginning cut scene Conan says “live, LOVE, burn with life, slay and survive”

I just feel like it should be and OPTION at least and i do think it’ll add to the feel of this game!

Edit: I’m not saying they need to make it a whole sim game guys HAHA

But like i said in replies, maybe someone to co-rule and the thralls get boosted, like as in they are more productive and such. I’m not talking about babies and families and marriage.
But since they co-rule usually (looking at literally any era) they are considered ‘together’ if you catch my drift.

2 Likes

then we would need schools for the baby conans to go too.
are they private schools or public schools?
do they get free lunches or have to hunt for lunch during recess?
homework…omg i do not want to sit at my bases table doing conanalgerbra .
we would have the baby sitter situation taken care of , or do we need baby sitting thralls? nanny - thralls?
so many balances would have to happen to make this sort of stuff work lol
let them fix what we currently have broke, then we can talk about Conan Baby Simulator.
xox

Im not talking about a whole baby system, im just talking about a mate to guide the thrall’s while you’re gone to explore, later on then yes maybe theres room for a more sophisticated expansion to it like they did with the follower system.

the thrall that is staying at home watching the other thralls…what is he doing?
is that your " mate" ?

Maybe some boosts? Like the thralls produce more, maybe “mate” isn’t the right word but then again its just an IDEA not like it has to be done right away and I’m certainly not demanding it to be done. You don’t have to agree with me but all I’m doing is tossing an IDEA around.

when you say mate i think of the " family " life happening at base.
we have thralls now that give cost reduction boosts , i am trying to understand what a " mate" or say like a " leader " " warden" thrall could do for us. not trying to knock your idea out or anything , maybe the word mate made me think of the next steps of that…mate, then weddings, then babies, and the snowball effect of all that lol
i would be in favor of a mate or leader thrall that could go out and get stone and wood for me base needs. or a leader thrall that could teach aka level up thralls we actively dont have following us.
sorry i made you feel like i was completely dismissing your idea.
the word mate opened pandoras box in my head lmao

No no i get it, and im sorry if i seemed like i was attacking you or something but like i said its all just an idea producing a whole family calls for very sophisticated changes and people will want more when its implicated ofc. I don’t necessarily think of family when saying “mate” because you don’t have to take it further than just having a relationship with that person considering the concept of the whole game. It would just be fun to see them work towards something like this since in the start they talk about ‘Love’ and such but what you said was deff what i was thinking and referring to but in less words.

its funny , cause you grabbed that from the opening movie and lines, and when i start a new game i think its hilarious when conan asks" what will you become"…and i always say …" i will become a hoarder and a decorator" .
each his/her own :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So like an npc clanmate waifu?

2 Likes

Next game : Conan the Sim-erian

2 Likes

Wait, wait, wait… is the OP suggesting that all of the sexy dancers I keep saving across the Exiled Lands aren’t my characters’ mates? :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

You could share the rule with another human player, with whom you can role-play any sort of mating you like.

In every game I play, I turn off the AI governor/advisor/sheriff/whoever tries to manage my base for me while I’m out. I don’t trust a computer to do the job better than me, even if micromanaging can sometimes be a chore. Also, don’t let computers think they can rule, or you’ll create Skynet.

For your efficiency wish maybe have another station dedicated just for the taskmaster thralls, like an overseers platform, it adds a small efficiency bonus to any projects in the area of it. The thralls know they’re being watched and could be beaten so they work better.

2 Likes

Or maybe… I know this isn’t going to be a popular idea, but… a Treasurer thrall? You provide him with coin, and he pays salaries for your workers. That would give us a use for money (beyond grinding the coins into dust for alchemy), and it would be a logical way to improve worker productivity.

I know I work better when paid rather than when threatened with a whip.

2 Likes

Not a bad idea, it could be tied to a recruitment system allowing players to “hire” mercenaries. This would also open up opportunities for those who want their followers to be willing allies rather than mindless slaves. To avoid going completely off topic, I don’t think a thrall would be a good “mate” seems more like a concubine to me.

In Ark they have a “mated pair” option. It could easily work here when the “Mated Pair” are together they receive a slight health, attack and defence bonus" this system could work thrall to thrall, thrall to player, and player to player. It is not necessay for the game but it would be a positive add to the overall enviornment.

Sounds like something that would be more applicable for trying to breed horses, or rocknoses, or whatever you have in your animal pen.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.