Helmets and mods

Two very different suggestions based on my first two weeks in the game:

1. The ability to create and save “mod profiles”. I play on multiple servers, often with different mod configurations. Restarting the game every time I change my mods is an irritating but obviously necessary process, however the requirement to memorise and manually re-enter the correct mods for the correct server is more annoying and I believe potentially straightforward to address. I propose a button in the mods menu that allows you to save the currently-entered list as a profile (name chosen by the user), which can be reselected from a drop-down at a later time. That way I can pre-configure different mod settings to match my preferred servers and grab them from a simple list when I need them.

2. Option to hide headwear. Fairly standard request and a common issue amongst RPGs - you spend forever designing your character’s look, then immediately hide it under the first piece of animal skin that offers a defence bonus. A simple toggle to hide your helmet - WITHOUT losing the armour bonus - would allow players to express more individuality with their characters.

An automatic mod loader is nearly complete and currently in TestLive.

Hiding your helmet has been suggested many times (and since day one of Early Access basically). Personally I’d be fine with a helmet toggle, but the PvP community in particular seems to be strongly in favor of a strict ‘what you see is what you get’ ruleset, and Funcom seems to agree so chances for that are slim.

There is a really good mod from Testerle which is doing exactly what you want. It also adds Armorstands. This tiny mod is really working very well with the game, you will think it’s a natural part of it. The Modder Testerle is part of the Team responsible for Conan Exiles Wiki. He supports his mods exemplary.

Fashionist

The Moddownloader will come with the next update. I made a lot of tests on the Testlive server of AlrenStorm (Modder of Emberlight/Horticulture/Conscripts) and the Testlive Server of MinkeTinke (as I part of the Savage Steel Community)
At least the Downloader worked very well.
If you join via menu (direct IP or Servername) then the tool recognizes and lists the mods of the server you want to join. If you checked the Settings of the Moddownloader in the gameplay Menu of Conan Exiles

then the tool will load all the mods automatically in the right order and activates them.

After that the tool restarts the game by itself and after the intro (you can skip it so) the tool will automatically connect you with the server.
At least if you leave the server all mods will be deactivated again.

Positive is in my opinion that the mods are loaded after the intro has expired. This allows me to skip the intro at the beginning. This leaves the impression that the game is loaded faster. So far (with mods), the intro could always be interrupted after some time. I had the impression that this time depended on how many mods were to be loaded. The bigger the size of all the mods together, the longer you had to wait until you could interrupt the intro. We were interested in whether, since this effect seems to be eliminated, the login lag is still occurring so we made some additional tests and we had the impression that the login lag for the player on the Server wasn’t an issue anymore. But it was only tested two times so I am not really sure.

An automatic mod loader is nearly complete and currently in TestLive

Excellent, cheers for the update. I’m far too noob to be getting into test servers!

the PvP community in particular seems to be strongly in favor of a strict ‘what you see is what you get’ ruleset

Pretty minor, but I can kind of see that.

There is a really good mod from Testerle which is doing exactly what you want

I’ll keep an eye out, thanks for the comprehensive answer :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.