Help - My Funcom ID is my real name

, ,

Hello! I recently picked up Conan Exiles and Siptah and did not realize that my Funcom ID would also draw from my email, of which I used to create a Steam account.

The problem is my ID is also my real name and I do not feel comfortable interacting with the community on PVP or anything else, I really want to play but I am afraid. It’s not like it is “John Smith” either, otherwise I wouldn’t care as much.

I already put in a report through Zendesk but it has been quite a few days with no response.

I saw a few other posts about this and the ID was successfully changed. I figured I’d post here as well to get more attention so I can enjoy the game without people possibly looking me up on social media?

Thanks a ton.

3 Likes

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

It takes a while to get a response sometimes. But you have taken the appropiate route with your zendesk request.

Maybe use the delay as an opportunity to get some alone time in single player before you join the chaotic world of PvP.

Good luck!

P.s. It definitely is a bad idea to enter PvP with your real name displayed.

3 Likes

Very good to know. Welcome!

2 Likes

Yes, as soon as I saw my name coming up in the player list I panicked. I have not spoken in global but that doesn’t necessarily matter because of ~. I just wanted to get a feel for things with my experienced friends. I’m no stranger to MMOs/survival/building games by any means but I’ve already been given a lengthy rundown of the activity on PVP servers and my name will just be a shiny beacon for someone curious or vengeful enough.

2 Likes

Yes I understand, the only thing I can tell you for certain is that they will change the ID. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing how long it will take.
You could possibly join a private server, there will be less opportunity for toxicity, but joining official PvP especially if you are playing with a “known” clan… It’s not advisable.
I hope they respond swiftly, I’m sure you will soon be able to enjoy the game.

3 Likes

It’s smart to play it safe, I’ve not had the issue with this game but had a very similar situation in a different environment, and it was surprisingly unsettling

Some people get crazy on the internet, hopefully FC can get you taken care of soon

4 Likes

Even though you are masked to the playerlist, your Steam ID/name will still be visible to other players who know how to reveal it. :warning:

3 Likes

Ya :frowning: I haven’t even been playing because of this. I’m not willing to risk my privacy in a world like that.

4 Likes

Hi @Belit

As @LordKAA mentioned, please make sure you send this over on Zendesk so that the team can help you out further.
You can read more about how to submit a report here: Official Servers - Terms of conduct, guidelines and procedures

2 Likes