Here is some feedback about thralls mechanics

Thank you, that was not expected, considering how i am struggling to put english words on all that stuff.

No , you didn’t miss it. I hadn’t testesd the arguably most basic and most obvious thing about combat thralls mechanics : does the tier of weapons actually matter for the thralls damage output ?

So it’s good you’re asking that and i thank you for it. This should have been checked right at the begining of these first testing sessions, but as most of us i guess, i was assuming it was certainly the case.
As there is nothing better to make things 100% sure and clear, i checked it in the game a few min ago.
ok so now i shall stop “blabla ing” and let me post the results of my last session :

Same ennemy for the main part of the testing (elk king) with all different tier of 2H swords wielded by one of my favourite thralls: the cimmerian bereserker.

• stone 2 H sword (base dmg 18)… 39 hits the first time / and 37 hits the second time

• iron 2 H sword (base dmg 26)… 26 hits the first time / 27 hits the third time

• steel 2 h sword (base dmg33)… 24 hits the first time / 21 hits the second time

• ancient 2 H sword (base dmg 39)… 19 hits the first time / 18 hits the second time

• hardened steel 2 H sword (base dmg 43)… 16 hits the first time / 14 hits the second / and 15 hits the third time

• dragon bone 2 h sword (base dmg 55)… 13 hits the first time / 12 hits the second time

• obsidian 2 H sword (base dmg 60)… 12 hits the first time / 11 hit the second / 11 hits the third time / and 12 hits the fourth time

• starmetal 2 H sword (base dmg 63)… 10 hits the first time / and 11 hits the second time

And for fun and curiosity i decided to change the ennemy for 1 time : the berserker girl has needed 3 swings of a starmetal 2 H sword to kill a regular wolf, as opposed to 9 swings with a 2 H stone sword.

Note that the numbers of my ingame weapons base damage may differ from your game.
i have recently subscribed to alex’s great mod “exiled land improved” mainly for the starmetal weapons base dmg changes. there are a lot of other good changes in his mod as well BTW, so i invite you to have a quick look at his last mod in case you do like mods, here is a link: [Mod] Exiled land improved

And to be honest i’m not sure if it’s a recent change from the developpers or if it’s a change done by alex in his mods but when i was doing 95 % of my previous testing sessions, i clearly remember that the dragon bone 2 H sword had a base dmg of 60 (as opposed to 55 here). So If alex or a developper can confirm that, it would be nice, but anyways i’m fine with these current numbers for my ingame weapons base dmg.

Of course there is no need to write down the conclusion of this testing session, but as i like clear things and for the sake of it :

DIFFERENT TIERS OF WEAPONS DO MATTER FOR YOUR THRALLS DAMAGE OUTPUT

And after all these posts and testing sessions / results i thought it would be nice to give you 2-3 screen of my last sessions so you could (of course in a very limited way) put some kind of pict on all these words

Sorry for the BIG BIG post :sweat:

1 Like