High Priority Fixes Build 104551/18892 [13.08.2018]

Are the chests touching anything else? Can you post a screenshot buddy?

After the last patch, the Safe with resources disappeared.
Official server #1302 PvE Conflict-g-portal.com
Clan : venom of snake
nickname in a game: Джаха

I play in Full HD for ultra-detail
1 Like

Until now, we had a theory that it was being caused by either having a low roof or the chests overlapping other objects, clearly these are both wrong.

Its odd as to why only some chests are affected and only at certain angles.

This is happening to all players on our server from Gportal. It does not happen in single player or dedicated server. I think the same is true of bugs that are already fixed by developers. There are still bugs on Gportal servers, but bugs are still fixed

Some of the bugs are caused or triggered by low server performance. And Gportal shared VM guests simply have too few resources to function.

But it is a matter of Funcom so they should choose another provider. I thought it would be best to choose Funcom’s official server hosting partner. Then, developers can not know what’s a game bug and what’s a server error. even their official servers run on the Gportal server if I’m not mistaken

I can confirm neither of these is causing the chest-flickering issue. My chests, while closely packed, all have room between them, and are placed directly on foundation pieces, no feng shui involved!

Some* randomly flicker like crazy. What with containers randomly disappearing and me collecting T3 building pieces for a new tower, I’m getting slightly paranoid. I am already conscious of not placing chests on or near wedge foundations, because apparently that’s a no-no, too.

*Previously said all. This is not true. Only some of them do.

This is also happening in single-player. What I noticed was that most of the time the flickering started when the chest was intersected by the edge of the screen.

1 Like

I’ve noted it down. Also thanks for the video :slight_smile:

thrall health still resetting to 100 hp on official 1504. man this bug needs to go.

wells still not refilling

1 Like

Here is one more video showcasing flickering chests:

While this is a room with a low ceiling, the flickering also occurs in rooms with higher roofs.

Hi Tascha, It is to say the least a little bit odd that the patch already went live yesterday. Tons of bugs have been reported and still someone at Funcom says: ‘Yea this is ok to go live’… What about all the issues? What about taking the time to test and not keep repeating the same mistakes? meaning rushing stuff and breaking other stuff in the process? Can you send a list of all the issue that have been reported on this version and make a post with the status for these issues?

4 Likes

Yes. I don’t want to sound rude either, but I don’t think the DEVs have ever been on an official server. What you are discribing here is happening every day. Tbh, i’d pay for premium official servers with very high performance. (No, i do not want to play private)

You’d be wasting your money mate.
Our server isn’t a super computer, but even with 30 players connected, CPU is only at 25%, RAM usage is only at 50% and changing from a NAS HDD to SSD didn’t make any difference. Most of the issues reported here are not caused by slow servers but rather by poor code.

Rent a Super Server and see for yourself.

1 Like

That’s pretty disappointing, actually.

I dont agree.

This patch really worked for me, and if i look on the patchnotes i have to say its all much better then it was.

I do not take in to account a gfx glitch that i have seen for a long time, like the imp rurnace that flickers and you can see through, or the large chest that flicker.
If you look for these things you will for sure find them, but i dont know if its as important as thralls not responding?

On my server, all my thralls work, all my fishtraps work, and most of the floating thralls are down.
npc aggro like before, but range is a little bit short still.
thralls aggro nearby hostiles.
The new armor values work now.
The armor stats work, but the character stats page isnt working just like before, it is inconsistent, the armor pieces tho give the correct value.

So for me it seems they fixed a lot in this patch!

Do these things work for you?

1 Like

No offense, sir, but I think ReidarXx means a server with dedicated resources. These virtual hosts are a nice idea, but they’re woefully inadequate. After recent testing, I’d go no greater than 10 slots at some of them. Can you just imagine if someone claimed they could host your Microsoft Exchange Server, then sold the same thing dozens of times to other customers? Then when an influx of activity occurs the “servers” bog down and crash? Would that not be scandalous? ;D

On both TL and Live, I have peppered my ground bases with archers and fighters. If I hand equip each thrall as I’m putting them out, everything works fine. If I give a weapon to their hotbar, all bets are off. After hand-equipping them, I can come back to camp with aggro, or I can acquire aggro, and my thralls attack quickly and effectively. At my iron base, when I return to the area and a local rocknose (x2) appears, my three run out from their huts and kill before I reach the patio.

My server is a dedicated server, it only hosts one instance of the game, no VM’s, 100% of the server power is available to run this game. I’m even on the same LAN as the server with gigabit CAT6 and I still have freezes and occasional lag.

1 Like