Holding E (Interact) stops picking up items

If you have E pressed while you’re standing on top of a stone, branch, etc. it picks up the item. If you keep running a few meters over another object you have to re-tap E to pick something up. It didn’t used to be like that.

1. Stand on a resource.
  2. Holding E picks it up.
  3. Keep holding E and run further.
  4. E doesn’t pick up stuff anymore.

I think Ark does it like that, but I liked it more the way CE did it.

Just to clarify: If you stand in a spot that has “pickup-able” items, holding E works fine, but as soon as you leave and (re)enter such spot, the game forgots you’re holding E. I have to constantly retap the interact button. It might be the same case in Live, I’ll have to look that up later.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, that change rolled out to Live with Update 40. If not Update 40, then it was with one of the two hotfixes. I remember being disappointed by the change in behavior, but I didn’t think it was important enough to point out. I assumed it was somehow tied to the changes in the follower radial menu. I also miss the old behavior. It was very convenient.

1 Like

Hey @sono

Thanks for the heads-up. We’ll poke our team to see if this is intentional or not.

2 Likes

This happens because it is bound to the follower command system.

Both, having to retap E or accidently commanding your thrall to move makes harvesting plant fibers a real nightmare. There’s not even an option to unbind the commands from E. You can move ‘Interact’ under Keybindings in your settings to another key, but the problem_s_ remain.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.