Hollopoint Farewell

Oh my god. What a tremendous loss. We’re in total shock - We send our warmest thoughts and to the friends and family he brought such light to.

29 Likes

He will be sorely missed. My condolences to his friends, family and everyone he touched within his wonderful life. He was kind and generous and loved this game passionately. I’m very sad that I won’t get to speak with him anymore, but his MEGAversary celebrations will still continue as best we can.

23 Likes

I’m so sad to hear this; he was always such a great guy and I truly enjoyed every interaction we had as well as his amazing artwork. I’m going to miss him so much. All of my condolences and love to his family and loved ones. <3

24 Likes

At 5:00 pm GMT (1:00 pm ET) today, the Agnitio cabal will gather in Agartha to pay our respects to Hollopoint, We will stand in silence for one minute. Anyone is welcome to join us.

25 Likes

an amazing talent, practically a force of nature in the community (he just made so much happen by sheer willpower) and such a genuinely nice person.

won’t be the same without you.

27 Likes

Mark, my heart is so heavy and all my words are gone. Nothing I can write here can possibly even come close to articulating the impact you had on me, and how much joy I had collaborating with you on so many projects and crazy ideas, chatting in game, discussing politics and the monarchy - agreeing to disagree on whether haggis pie was a good dinner option or not.

You kept going, even up to last Thursday - making sure I knew who was doing what for MEGAversary, insisting I need not worry about anything - and we were both so convinced it was going to be awesome. Even with your treatment, you gave me the Mark-Light version I guess so I didn’t worry so much.

Missing you already.

Sending much love to all of Mark’s family, friends and loved ones.

• Katie xxx
29 Likes

Dammit mate! Now I’ll never be able to change this amazing wallpaper you sent me!
May you find peace… see you on the other side.

22 Likes

This is truly heartbreaking news. I’ve spent my whole morning in a daze trying to process this. I still am, honestly.

He was a wonderful soul with endless passion and creativity who always did his best with his full heart behind things.

My sincerest condolences and hugs to his friends, family, and everyone whose lives he brightened.

I wish he could have seen this year’s MEGAversary come to fruition. He poured his heart and soul into it, and those of us who worked with him on the MEGAversary hope to dedicate MEGAversary 4 to and for him to the best of our abilities.

Rest In Peace, HolloPoint. You gave your all even to the last. You’ll be missed, but not forgotten.

25 Likes

Terrible news. Hollopoint… my deepest condolences to his family and friends

21 Likes

Oh mon dieu…
Je ne sais pas quoi dire…
Perdre un ami, un être cher est vraiment très dur… Combattre la maladie, quelque soit la maladie demande énormément de courage…
Je connais ce combat, j’ai vaincu 2 cancers, celui du sein et de la gorge et c’est un très long combat… Je suis en rémission depuis quelques années…
Tu vas me manquer mon ami, vraiment me manquer…
Paix à ton âme…

Oh my God…
I do not know what to say…
Losing a friend, a loved one is really very hard … Fighting disease, whatever the disease requires a lot of courage …
I know this fight, I conquered 2 cancers, that of the breast and the throat and it is a very long fight … I have been in remission for a few years …
I will miss you my friend, really miss you …
Peace to your soul…

28 Likes

I did not know Hollopoint but I do know the kindness and openness of this community and the fact that he is so respected and loved by you all says so much about him. He was clearly a kind and generous soul and he will be much missed by many in the game. As long as he is remembered, some part of him will live on.

I understand that he was an instrumental part of the Megaversary event and every time I enjoy an element of that event over the coming weeks I will try to remember that someone who made it happen is no longer with us.

My condolences to all who knew him.

21 Likes

A shocking loss to read about in the middle of the night. One I had hoped to wake up and find was all a part of a horrible nightmare. As others have said, many things in this community continued to happen by the sheer determination of Hollo to have them happen. He is irreplaceable and will be missed forever, but I hope each of us in our own time will find a way to carry on a little bit of his spirit.

21 Likes

I really don’t know what to say. I spoke to him on Thursday. A fellow Scot and friend, I am just at a bit of a loss for words.

25 Likes

Like everyone I’m a bit shocked, we were just talking about a contest for the Megaversary just last Thursday. Hollopoint was such an enthusiastic, supportive, incredible human being. He was the face of and force behind our community celebrations every year. His loss is a loss for the whole SWL community, and he will be dearly missed.

23 Likes
26 Likes

I am so very sorry to learn that Hollo is gone. His drive, passion and kindness will truly be missed. My most sincere condolences to his friends and family.

22 Likes

Moments like these, I hope there is something beautiful awaiting those gone and lost to us.
Hollo, may you rest in peace.

23 Likes

I haven’t played actively in a while, but when I occasionally drop by it was always a joy to be online at the same time as him. He is included in so many of my fondest memories from SWL and Nine-Swords.
I envied his amazing talent when it came to digital art and loved to see his amazing work.

I’m glad I happened to log in at the same time y’all was gathered in Agartha to honor his memory, this way I could be part of it.
RIP my friend

Morten

21 Likes

Hollo was an inspiration, a fellow artist, and a beautiful soul.

Of all the money that e’er I had
I spent it in good company
And all the harm I’ve ever done
Alas, it was to none but me

And all I’ve done for want of wit
To memory now I can’t recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be to you all

So fill to me the parting glass
And drink a health whate’er befalls
Then gently rise and softly call

Of all the comrades that e’er I had
They’re sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that e’er I had
They’d wish me one more day to stay

But since it fell into my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I’ll gently rise and softly call

Fill to me the parting glass
And drink a health whate’er befalls
Then gently rise and softly call

27 Likes

That is terrible news, Hollo was such friendly guy and a good pvp:er, it was always super fun to play with him. Although I haven’t played Legends much, I shall always remember Hollopoint in TSW.
He will be missed, may his soul rest in peace.

20 Likes