Hollopoint Farewell

It is difficult to express feelings at a time like this. Hollopoint was a major thread that held this community together through his dedication and support of all things related to the Secret World. We all enjoyed his artwork. We appreciated the time and effort he put into our events. He was frequently seen in Twitch chat watching our streamers. He posted in the forums almost every day. He was always very visible in the game. We will all miss him.

22 Likes

Rest in peace Mark you will be missed. My condolences to Marks family and friends.

21 Likes

I dont know what to say. Still in shock. Condolences to those closest. You will be missed by so many. Sleep well

22 Likes

HolloPoint reached out to me last week to ask about the cabal’s help with running MB’s again this year. His tireless devotion to the community and events was superhuman. ‘To speak the name of the dead restores the breath of life to him who has vanished.’ – Ancient Egyptian inscription. Speak of him often and kindly to honor his memory. We will all be united again.

26 Likes

This is a shock … Veri just told me what happened while beeing in Discord while I am typing this.
Damn … i still can´t believe it.
Hollo was a constant on a lot of evenings while beeing in Discord with him, Veri and Duese even if i haven´t played SWL in Years … .
I will miss talking to him about politics, Star wars and other stuff.
There was a lot of laughing and swearing.

I knew him from playing PVP as a lot of people in TSW did.

Once we started a Match of “El Dorado” and were standing inside, waiting for the game to start.
I asked him about the tactics:

Me: “Do you have any idea where we plant the relics this time?”

-dramatic pause-

Hollopoint: " … On their corpses!"

I will always remember him for that sentence … we had to laugh so hard.
Damn … i still expect him to show up in discord any moment … .
This is really sad … .

Dear Hollo … rest in peace. It was an honor to have met you!
My condolences to his family and friends!

22 Likes

RiP l’ami au cheveux orange qui aimait partager une bière avec moi à l’Agartha
Quelle triste nouvelle :frowning:
Nous nous sommes croisés il y a quelques jours lors de tes annonces de MegaAnniversary
Respect à toi pour toutes les animations organisées et merci de ta gentillesse
Sincères pensées à sa famille et tous ses proches

! RiP the orange haired friend who loved to share a beer with me at Agartha
What sad news: frowning:
We bumped into each other a few days ago during your MegaAnniversary announcements
Respect to you for all the organized activities and thank you for your kindness
Sincere thoughts to his family and all his friends

Souvenir de ton perso sur le jeu <3
Repose en paix

20 Likes

At a loss for words. Hollo was an absolute treasure, not just in SW but in many things; I’ve lost count of the number of times I found his words and his art inspirational.

He had a huge heart.

22 Likes

à notre ami / to our friend …

29 Likes

R.I.P Holo, you will be missed. Rest easy mate.

20 Likes

26 Likes

Thank you for the kind words to Mark hollopoint, I will show this to his family I’m sure it will bring them some comfort.

He was a great friend to me I met him in Ultima Online, we then became real life friends.

He was as kind and generous irl as he was ingame if not more.

Thank you all.

26 Likes

He was an amazing, kind, talented, and passionate person and such a big part of this community. There will definitely be a hole in many people’s hearts. <3 Much love to his close friends and family, and to all the Secret World Community as we suffer this loss together.

19 Likes

Hollopoint was and is more than just a player. He is the embodiment of the love, wonder and commitment that everyone who has adored the Secret World has felt. However he went above and beyond working tirelessly, giving all he could and creating incredible art and wonderful moments that we will forever have thanks to him. These words don’t feel like enough but thank you Hollopoint it was an honour and a privilege to share this world with you.
All my love and strength to his friends and loved ones
BeforeEve

16 Likes

It was always nice to see his artwork and his passion for the game. It is sad that he is no longer with us.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

14 Likes

I wonder whether it might be a nice idea for Funcom to put a memorial stone or something in-game.

14 Likes

It’ll be up to Hollopoint’s family to decide if they want to have an in-game memorial for him. I’m sure Funcom will be more than happy to respect their wishes.

Personally I really like the idea of having an in-game art book (similar to the HiveMODE magazines) showcasing some of the work that he was most known for. But that’s just me!

19 Likes

F*ck. I read about this and it is just such a shame. As a PvPer the community was comparatively small, but proportionally stronger. If you spent any amount of time in PvP you for sure knew all the other big names. Hollo was a great guy and always fun to fight against. I guess we all hope and wish sometimes that Funcom would about-face back to TSW and jump-start PvP back up, but even if they did at this point PvP without Hollo just wouldn’t be the same.

Good bye, Hollo. Thanks for all the fun. We will all miss you. My condolences to his friends and family.

• Myndr
19 Likes

Really sad news, Hollopoint was a really good person. He went out of his way to help me out when I first started out in digital art after last year’s Megaversary. Lost a good one :frowning:

16 Likes

Sorry for the loss.

13 Likes

I think that is a perfectly wonderful idea.

12 Likes