Hoping latest fix has worked

Hah! Now that is some solid dedication right there Barnes. I dived right in when I pre-ordered Conan Exiles and…well lets just say I have both the Atlantean Sword and the Royal Armour. :laughing: The game has had its ups and downs with bugs over the course of time, but it will come good, and I dont regret my purchase for a minute. To me it was Game of the Year 2018.

6 Likes

AS much as i feel there is so much more they could do raid and siege wise, the game is by far above any other open sandbox i have played. Just the small little ragtag nomad raiding bunch that i became friends with online because of this game is worth GOY 2018 for me.

4 Likes

In know it’s childish, but if they streamed the inevitable Armageddon that would follow, part of me would be all for them enabling Gods for a week before they implemented a fix and deleted any remaining tokens.

2 Likes

I take breaks… but I also have MGSV dalies on Weds and Sat n Sun.
FO76 from time to time.
MHW Iceborne is out, so been on that. (hopfully ps4 gets patched really good soon)

Only thing that sucks about stepping away… I come back, and forget were half my unmarked bases are (not enough markers) And I have a few notepads on floor… and I forget what goes to what… and can’t remember what i was last doing. XD

Unless you count the 15 months since official release and the fact that the game is still full of bugs and performance issues. They might be trying to fix it, but I’d have to say it sure seems like they’re not trying very hard or they simply don’t know how. And if they don’t know how, maybe they ought to do right by their customers and get someone in who can. That would just be a good business decision.
This game is bleeding players…it’s what I’d do.

2 Likes

Dude, it is Funcom. Bugs come with the territory, but so does IMO a world, that is brought to life and has enjoyment for me unlike any other game I have encountered.

You can choose to cheer on the devs as they struggle valiantly against a horde of bugs, annoying hackers and uncivil players, or…

You can choose to throw childish tantrums, throwing obscene comments and gestures, while making demands for season passes or firing squads or…

You can approach the subject with seriousness and civility. Recognize that you are dealing with actual human beings that deserve the same verbal respect that you do

6 Likes

Give it time? Excuse me it’s had over a year to get better.

The latest update nerfed a bunch of weapons and game play. It has come through with the idea of “balance” yet if you nerf say the Annihilator sword that had a pen of 100% now 34% and you’re only balancing on the basis of pvp, yet the mobs/thralls that you are also fighting against haven’t been “balanced” to coincide with said weapon balancing… I’ve done my best to support the game with running a server. I find that since the hotfix, my weapons aren’t functioning as they had before. The tactics are completely messed up. Matter of fact, these Wights which should not be so difficult stun lock you within seconds of encounter and you’re still trying to get a swing off.

I am genuinely upset. I’ve nearly all DLC, I’ve been in since early release. I was being part of the external guinea pigs. I find the changes horrible. Cool that there has been additions, but they’re not making up for poor quality of game play.

Midnight blue flowers drop seeds arbitrarily. 30 plants, 0 seeds. 10 plants 4 seeds, 120 plants 0 seeds. I have gathered over 300 plants with no seeds.

The annihilator needs to be renamed because it no longer functions as it was apparently intended to. And it was never OP. 100% pen didn’t compensate for the low damage it had.

Someone’s idea of balance seems skewed.
Also, the short sword needs more work. It and the other 1-handed swords seem less effective on a grand scale.

If I knew how to video the game and share it, I would show the tests.

Also, building pieces still do not fit correctly. Too many issues. Come on please, pay attention. Give some constructive assistance.

thanks

3 Likes

The game is an awesome concept, that’s for sure.

No offense intended, this sentence that I quoted reads to me like an excuse and codependent enabling all wrapped up in a warm sticky bun of “that’s okay if the game’s broke…I like it anyway.” That’s toxic to customers who expect results…who expected a finished working product to begin with that has as few bugs as possible. Like it or not, want to hear it or not, that’s not what we got.

In the real world, putting out a product that’s broken and not having it fixed over a year later is not only bad business, it’s a real slap in the face to people who paid their hard earned money for a product they expected to be finished and working correctly. Some refuse to accept that slap in the face and go quietly into the night. A few bugs are always acceptable and expected. Not this many and certainly not ongoing for more than a year.

This is not meant as disrespect. It’s just truth. The only reason games come out with so many bugs and don’t get fixed post haste is because so many players let it slide. That behavior on the part of the customer relays the message to the developer that it’s okay and they can take their time fixing it or in some cases not fix it at all.

Now I love this game. I love everything Conan. I’ve been a fan since childhood and I’m getting old. I wouldn’t be writing posts like this if I didn’t care and wasn’t passionate about it. I’d have been gone months ago along with the thousands of other players who no longer play this game due to it’s issues. I’m still here. I’m still hoping Funcom gets it together as intended. I think it’s a great concept with wonderful visuals and a lot of really wonderful content.

That in no way, shape, or form means I’m going to forgive it’s condition this far into it and pat Funcom on the back for trying. Reality check: They’re supposed to be professionals. They’ve been paid. They need to make it right for the customers…plain and simple.

It’s no surprise to me that people are on here being rude cussing and screaming to get things done. If they didn’t care as well, I have little doubt they wouldn’t be. Some folks are extremely passionate about the Conan franchise. But their patience hasn’t just been pushed too far, especially those who haven’t been able to play the game because of the issues they’re having…for them, patience has been pushed over a cliff. That’s not fair to them. I went months between patches once because one of those patches made my game unplayable. The next one got it playable again…so I get it. During that time, I posted some pretty rude stuff myself. I was angry.

I’m not trying to offend, be disrespectful to, or upset anyone. I don’t pull punches, I tell it like I see it, and I say what’s on my mind. When/if Funcom gets this game in good shape, you can bet your hind end I’ll be up front cheering for them. They simply haven’t earned that from me yet.

9 Likes

I don’t feel this way.

Okay, I don’t agree with all of their game design decisions. Some obviously overpowered things have slipped through their game design net, and some items have been nerfed too harshly (which is, of course, always felt most harshly when it’s an item I, personally, was fond of using - but I understand why game designers must do what they think is best for the game as a whole, not just for me). Some newly introduced content has been buggy.

But compared to where the game was a year ago, it’s a whole different experience. I tried to love the game after it came out of Early Access, but there were so many irritating bugs that I took a few months’ break. After that, since early this year, I’ve seen most of those bugs disappear. The game runs more smoothly than ever. I’ve enjoyed many hours of playing the game recently.

Now, I admit I haven’t had the opportunity to play the game after the most recent update, so I don’t know what got broken there - but claiming that the game gets worse every update isn’t something I can agree with.

1 Like

I see you went for option 3 :wink::+1:

I do not disagree with what you say, I am likely just more laissez-faire about it, having played Age of Conan that was a bugfest without equal.

I sincerely enjoy my game and focus on that

What I find harder to abide is when people demand firing-squads, make obscene personal comments and generally forget to behave like adults. That ticks me off a lot more than any bug in game and made me respond to OP in the first place

4 Likes

I agree with you in one thing I want to point out. In my experience with games, when I’ve found one I don’t enjoy or too buggy, I simply quit, uninstall and over. I never go to their forums and post about how buggy the game is, or whatever, simply quit. BUT, my love for this game, the Conan universe, and the many options this type of sandbox thing offers me, keeps me posting and sometimes ranting about it. And this, and I wish Funcom would understand when they read some bitter posts, is because I CARE for the game, and only want it to improve.

In my view, this CE game could have been a “one of a kind” game, setting the path for what I personally would like to see in the industry developers in the future. And I feel they just simply failed, for reasons I’m not going to get into, it simply isn’t what all of us CE lovers wish it would be: one of the best games of all time.

5 Likes

Right on.

1 Like

Most of my friends (RP-PvP community) think the game got better and better with each patch and if I had to choose between the game today or a year ago, I would go 10/10 with today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nono. 1 warning and remove the things which someone got via exploit.

But sometimes you can encounter an exploit without purpose… Like when you are the first one to even find it.

played 37 days and quit?
that’s cute!!!

well have fun m8 to wherver u go, but in my POV i play a game for the community i play with and the time i spend with them, not game itself… we all lost our inventory and i will tell u a secret … in the early days chests and vaults had the habbit to disappear also… it was a frustrating thing to happen , but it is on ones character to decide to quit or not… in the long run i have gathered and played and enjoyed way more than i lost (in bosses , fights, server crashes, mystery deaths or even simple game crashes -yes my pc when i verify integrity needs more than 1/2 an hour…) .

so what? pack my guts, get a deep breath and see it as an oportunitty to try a different thing… no big deal…

Anyways u decide! have fun and wish u the best whatever u decide buddy!
May Crom grant u strenght…

1 Like

Isnt it great how all the people saying how great the game is are all PC gamers. Is it just a coincidence or is it because they get the fixes straight away and are all trying to get nice little badges from funcom

Ahhhhhh… Good point. Modding is also a big factor!

Yes, that’s absolutely correct in my case. If it wasn’t for mods, game wouldn’t be appealing anymore, past the novelty and having done almost all things doable in game, then it would have been game over for me.

I agree PC has many, many more advantages due to mods. I feel bad for console players.

1 Like

I play both PC and PS4, and the PC experience is far superior to the console experience, even after parity patches are in place. The interface is better, the field of view is better, and depending on your rig, the performance is far, far superior. I don’t see how that can be easily changed. I still enjoy the PS4 experience, because just about the last thing I want to do when I get home from work during the weekday is spend more time sitting at a desk starting at a screen. But the PC experience is hands down far superior, at least IMO.

2 Likes

PS4, best game i have played in years. I had really tailed off on games until i found this gem. Needs polish, but got way more than my moneys worth in game time.