Horses and ridable Rhinos carnivorous?

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: EU

not sure if this is a new one, or I just never noticed before:
When I put a stack of meat into the inventory of my horse or Rhino, the number will decrease by one, just as if the animal was eating it.
It doesn’t matter what type of meat and what state, raw, cooked or dried

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.get a horse or rideable Rhino
2.open inventory
3.put a stack of meat into inventory

1 Like

I believe the exclusive diet is disabled on officials so they will eat whatever. If the setting is enabled, they will eat only what is shown on their diet window (which at the moment is probably empty, unless fixed by the latest hotfix).

1 Like

Horses no longer eat fiber, instead they consume raw meat.

Probably because plant fiber doesn’t have the “food consumable” properties. You can’t eat plant fiber, neither can the horse (but you can tame them with it because that works differently).

I remember horses eating fiber before Siptah, but I could be wrong.
Rhino’s do eat fiber and heal from it. Why shouldn’t horses do the same?
Horses eating meat is not what I would call immersive.

Mhh, ok then it must be something horse specific if the rhinos eat it. I actually don’t know why the exclusive diet is not enabled by default. It would make sense but :woman_shrugging: I will try enabling it on my server and see if they still eat meat :slight_smile:

EDIT: I suspect that the reason why the rhino eats plant fiber (not consumable) but the horse doesn’t is due to the fact that the rhino has plant fiber in its diet while the horse doesn’t. I guess they will eat any food item + what is in their diet as long as ExclusiveDiet is set to false.

1 Like

I have done some tests, even with ExclusiveDiet=True, horses will still eat meat which was not the case before :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.