How come the PS4 version is so unplayable?

Game mode: [ Select one: (Online official | Online private | Single-player | Co-op)]
Type of issue: [ Select one: Crash | Bug | Performance | Other ]
Server type: [ Select one: PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE ]
Region: [ Please enter your server region ]
Hardware: [ Please specify what model of PS4 or 5 you’re using ]

Bug Description:

A clear and concise description of what the bug is.
Visual affects
Character seemed to have forgotten how to back flip after dagger attack
no balance in combat

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. hook up ps4 and insert conan exiles
  2. (etc)

Because, the game was ported from PC. It just doesn’t like the Sony platform.

2 Likes

It plays really good on the PS5

3 Likes

Greetings @Rcole,

Thank you for reaching out. In order for us to register your report, we need more details about the aspects you mentioned.

Could you add the information requested by the bug report template with Game mode, server type, etc. Also, if possible please share some images of what the problem looks like so we can better understand your claims.

We appreciate your feedback.

1 Like

Ps5, has no problems playing. Time to upgrade gents.

2 Likes

Which should not be necessary. Further it still not easy to find one, at least not where I live. Also the platform enjoys games that are just as large and immersive and run like silk on it. Such as that nice Spider-Man game. This constant non-optimized build for PS4 is baffling at this point. But I have since learned that it is best to uninstall the game, out of sight, out of mind. I do fully feel for folk hoping to run the game on PS4 only to find out every patch just makes it less and less enjoyable.

1 Like

I play on ps4. And I can recommend the performance mode which you can activate in main menu before you select the game mode and server.

It feels better but still not optimal in some places.

How is it about reporting lags produced by bases? If I have no problems with performance mode or on ps5 but someone have issues because of other hardware or other options is that something I could be banned for? Because I check my base also with an alt char if it produces lag for other players but I do it in performance mode. So maybe someone has problems with my base and I don’t know it?

2 Likes

The game definitely runs much smoother (but not perfect) if you activate “performance” in the main menu, as mentioned by @ConanBoDk

But by Yog, does the game look fugly in that mode XD

Why is that? Games that continue to be updated and grow in complexity can exceed the limits of the past generation console. It’s the nature of a game competing against the next generation.

And yet despite the optimizations for newer consoles for the Spider-man game I mentioned it still runs great on base PS4. The question is why cant a game with the Conan property do the same? In the current environment it should be a priority tbh. Many folk still cannot get their hands on a PS5.

Because Funcom isn’t Insomiac and doesn’t have the full resources of someone like Sony behind it. Tencent just recently got added to the mix and they don’t have the same legs as Sony does for making class A games. Funcom is probably expected to become the lead team for the other aquisitions tencent does (no pressure guys…you got this. If Dune is half the hype you got this) to get class A games under Tencent’s belt.

Because, Microsoft and xBox dominate the market and no one cares about the failing Sony or it’s p.o.s PlayStation anymore. Why bother fixing anything broken…

Conan Exiles came out? 2017, 2018? Red Dead Redemption 2 came out 2018 and by far has a superior game engine… Even the crappy pixilated ARK, has done better for support than CE… Such a shame… And yes, if we could all drop the $1500. On a PS5, if we could find one… I’m sure we would. But, damnit, we shouldn’t have to. Fix it F’ing game… Before you put out another broken dlc. For crying out loud.

Does this game really run better on PS5?

Yes… Completely different game as textures and speed of load comes into play.

1 Like

Here are some tips that you may find useful, take a dive into comment section below that video too to find other stuff. Althrough I don’t think limiting number of foundations placed by building tons of walls limits the lag.

That video leaves out occlusions, which means it doesn’t draw surfaces that aren’t seen.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.