I pretty much play on one server. Everytime I log in to that server, my game has to reload the game to put the mods in the right order.
It’s time consuming, at least 10 minutes of loading and reloading cause the game is sooo slow at loading.
Is there a way to circumvent this so I don’t have to reload the game everytime? Maybe get the mods matched up on initial load?
Any ideas how I do this?
Thanks in advanced!
The easiest way is to create a local mod list identical to the server mod list. There is a simple way to do it and you will only need to log on your server once to take a “snapshot” of the mods.
- Log on the desired server once. Log out.
- Go to: \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox
- Copy the file called servermodlist.txt (it is a temporary file updated when you connect to a modded server).
- Paste the file in the folder called Mods in the same location. If you don’t have a folder, just create it.
- In the Mods folder, rename the servermodlist.txt to modlist.txt.
- Open the newly created modlist.txt and remove the * on all mods (I am not sure if it is needed but I do it anyway).
- If you play on more servers, you can create additional modlists and swap them as needed. The active one will be the one named modlist.txt.
NOTE: Your active local modlist will also be used when you log in a singleplayer game. If you want to use different mods for your singleplayer, just rename the modlist (e.g. modlist1) and create one for your singleplayer game.
An alternative solution is to take a snapshot of the server mod list and load them 1 by 1 in the same order in the main menu but this is usually much slower.
N.B You may still get a mod mismatch when:
- Client and server are running a different version (mod updates).
- If the server changes the load order of their mods but then it is easy because you just need to sort the modlist.txt to match their new load order.
- Mods are added/removed from the server.
you are awesome! Thanks for that info!
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.