How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Ban

, ,

I never said you were wrong. I said your opinion over the topic of the ToS is being taken as someone that has left officials and therefore isn’t taken with the same level of investment and understanding as those that are still active on officials. That’s not wrong, that is me complying with your wishes to remove yourself from officials. I’m not really sure why you are being defensive and salty about it. As far as the other point you made…you are better than that…to paint things is such huge strokes of extremes…really? Yeah if you can’t see the difference between seeing the enjoyment of the game for all is maintained and some douche dictating to you that you are in his/her spot…i don’t know what to say.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t realize you meant your private server. I kinda took the point 2 to be unrelated to 3, 4, and 5. My apologies, I completely agree with you in that context :slight_smile:

2 Likes

…my point here is that there are many layers that need to be reviewed…some can’t be determined unless you have a fuller picture of what the offense was. Yeah that visible base didn 't appear to violate…but if they undermeshed in that area…you better believe it needed to go. As you stated…not your build so you don’t know, I don’t know. Funcom probably does.

1 Like

Same, that’s why I specifically said “officials” when replying and said I agreed with him. I think he just wanted a fight though. Oh well… Prolly got some of that scotch in him and feeling all ready and stuff. :slight_smile:

No that’s not how he is seeing it…he is seeing it as we (at least me for sure) are the toxic folks egging him on.

1 Like

Yeah, could be right, I dunno. It’s all good. He’ll have fun on his new server and 'll play mine all quietly like always. I think the only things I’ve said to other players in game I don’t know personally, is like: “Hi” or maybe “cool horse” - like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, I see. I can definitely see your point for official servers and agree.

1 Like

Why can’t 9ne have an opinion. I did not say take them out. Why so defensive on your own play style do you have to attack an opinion? Being as you broke rules of ToS, I take little from you. Cheaters always are defensive.

Again, that is ONLY my opinion. Why does every response to an opinion have to be negative. I never 8nsulted or attacked those that do. I just stated it was counter lore.

3 Likes

Okaaaay. . . lol

5 Likes

I have to say I am a little bit afraid. I like all the nice builds on the server i play and I don’t want that some gets banned for it. I personally building a big base after one year waiting to login again. I build on water far in West and try to use the minimum of structure elements I need.

But here comes a problem with the stability of the structures. Some should have 100 but have 0 stability. So I needed more pillars to complete.
At the end I needed more then 1000 additional structure peaces to continue my build.
Documentated the problems here:

And now I think my base could be bannable. I don’t have any lags at this place. One of my neighbour makes some lag but it’s in an area where nobody should have a problem. They have done a great work and it’s not even really big. I think the lag Resultate because of the placeables and decoration.

I can’t say when something starts to be bannable. The rules are not clear enough…

1 Like

At the ship of the black hand i got sometimes extreme lag… Should I report the black hand and should they be banned for it?

7 Likes

And that is the issue with the current ToS.

2 Likes

YES! OMG THEY HAVE NO CONSIDERATION OF THE OTHER PLAYERS! THEY ATTACK OUT OF HOURS ON PVE-C!

Honestly, though, that was funny.

2 Likes

Maybe the guys from riverswatch get banned too and come back in two weeks? Or they stop playing Conan because of this unclear rules

4 Likes

If you are referring to the screenshot of the Great Dam base on my server, it was not deleted and I know it is not undeermeshing because, well, it’s my server.

This, “we’ll never know” crap has gotten stale.

If you find the current ToS playable on official servers, have fun.

Since I do not, I left official servers and I am missing how this is such a difficult concept to grasp for, apparently, quite a few people.

Play the game you enjoy.

I will play the game I enjoy.

If you trip onto my server and don’t like the building, feel free to exit at any time.

5 Likes

I keep seeing “undermesh” as an excuse. But how does this explain the PVE server bans? Who would undermesh on a PVE server, and why would it be bannable?

4 Likes

This. Very much this.

I received a 2 week ban. However, my main official servers were not impacted because I had a character in my clan who was not part of the ban.

But now that I know I can be banned out of the blue, for no reason, I have lost all desire to play on the official servers. Why would I want to sink anymore of my free time into something that a bully at Funcom can demolish on a whim?

In all the years I have been there, with all the trolls and spammers I have seen, I can tell you with full honesty that nobody can make an official server more toxic than a Funcom Admin.

Their new ToS is having the opposite affect.

4 Likes

Fact.

2 Likes