How to Fight Disciples of Sobek Purge?

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for fighting the Disciples of Sobek Purge? Their archers don’t hit very hard, but they’re such damage sponges that they lock you into a war of attrition that usually results in a lot of destruction for your base. My friends and I all had high-level gear and strong followers/pets, but the archers come in groups of six, plus swordsmen. That’s just too many, and we can’t kill them faster enough to avoid significant losses to our base. Any help or advice is appreciated.

1 Like

Generally speaking, Gas arrows are your friends, and lots of disposable thralls placed outside your base. If you have the time, give them venom-infused/feroxic weapons, and some heavy armor of some kind. Keep stocked on food and healing items, and then get yourself specced for combat. Once your stats are set, RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT IS DONE

2 Likes

I still have PTSD over this Purge, they are tough and ruthless. If only our NPCs could be so organized, eh?

:fearful:

What I found worked is to elevate all my base items onto the rocky “mini-mountains” in the area. The Purge should then stay on ground level where you can gas them at will.

8 Likes

Four or five large scorpion pets helped me a lot (the world boss scorpion pets, not the medium sized one). They are good at crowd control with several attacks that knock down human enemies. While they were all focused on the scorpions, I came in from behind with full charged katana attacks or a big hammer with lots of armor penetration.

5 Likes

20 Strength

• these items:

And some + STR gear.

3 Likes

This is one of the best purges of the game when it comes to the meaning of war! Unfortunately the 2 times I had this kind of purges there was no named crafters :confused:. So I expect your feedback in this matter please!
Now how to win easy!
@Rekt has made an excellent point, poisoning and bleeding are bad combinations, so make sure your archers will have, one by one gas arrows and firespark arrows! Then again, since you already know their path way, place some palisades, in their effort to destroy them they gain lots of damage! Go to the sunken city and farm some locusts, they are free and easy to gain, but the green ones stack 10 poisoning in a single attack, even if they die, who cares , they were free and plenty! When I have a pve “war” I use all the non greater pets to empty my preservation boxes from useless pets.
Now, you and your thrall must combine forces, you must not use the same weapon and you must apply different negative statuses.
Yet…
I didn’t try sorcery yet on purges, I read that zombies are a hell of fighters and tanks so try this too!
Last but not least, did anyone tried lighting storm as purge defense, or fire wall? Are these spells effective?

1 Like

I get this is your suggestion for my toon and not my thrall, why salted pork helps me? I didn’t knew that food effects on my strength!

Yupp, gives +15% Strength Weapon damage. Also works on thralls. And stacks with potions. So you can have +30% in total.

3 Likes

@SirDaveWolf
Man I love you, thanks a million once again :+1:t6:. Your build with these buffs, plus if possible 15 agility will crush anything in the way for sure, no thralls necessary :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

2 Likes

If I recall correctly only the fighters can be knocked out so kill them all have had more than one level 1 or 2 base wiped out while trying to gather thralls from them for wheel of pain @Kamonichan

2 Likes

Thank you all for your advice. Bet those disciples won’t be so smug next time.

2 Likes

Yeah don’t build in the jungle. These guys are beserkers with bows. I found that you just stay focus on ending the purge and not deal with thrall collection . Greed gets you killed in some of the purges…this one included

1 Like

Work out which direction they usually arrive in, then build some kind of T3 structure that blocks their path (other than your base) for them to focus on. Accept damage will be done to that structure. Also then try to peel them off one by one around a corner and fight them individually.

1 Like

is it worse than berserkers?

1 Like

I think so because at least with beserkers, you can climb to get away. No so for archers.

2 Likes

Since .My wife is on we checked the map here been hit by them 2 squares east of Gallumans tomb close to river. @Kamonichan

1 Like

@stelagel
Also salted steak gives a 15% agilitybweapon bump. You can only have 1 food and 1 potion. Add in armor and you get really good buffs on str or agility.

1 Like

No. But it’s a strong purge. The difference use to be loot. I don’t know how it is now, but it had almost 0 named crafters :confused:. If you add the bad AI of our old thralls, you can understand why people hated this purge.
The most difficult part in a purge is your decision to keep prisoners! If you decide to kill there is only one enemy, lag!

@biggcane55 :metal:, thanks m8

1 Like

I had a horde of tigers, spiders, and komodos. Was intense but i got through it with ancient daggers. If i had put my leveled white tigers outside my castle it would have gone better

1 Like

The above opponents are very good for ancient daggers.
A simple Sobek Disciple is not.
Against an horde you stand no chance with ancient daggers solo. If you take your lvl 20 white tigers prepare to loose one. Totally different experience! This purge needs defensive mechanisms or prepare for casualties.

1 Like