How to make archery perfect!

Sadly I’ve no idea where flingshot is found, I asked it before here but no one answered 20 dura is absurd.

The 1 health damage bows like twice upon one arrow can’t be crafted, unless I’m missing something… I can’t find them… but I can make the epic versions (5-7 damage).

The Twice Upon one arrow and frenzied can’t officially be obtained on Exiled lands.

The epic version of that bow with like 5 damage can easily kill named thralls before they’re knocked out… unless you have armour potions and food buffs (which makes archery more annoying, you don’t have to re-gear using truncheons, why should this be the case for blunted arrows?).

1 Like

@prologue1337.
One thing I understand on Siptah and @Talyna helped on this one is that some items are there to be delved, not to be used. Except the rng madness of Grey pools (good luck), since the recipes there have no bottom, your skeleton keys must be used on Siptah gear reveals, not on the classic legendaries! Still you can delve legendaries and gain recipes too… Siptah has multiple redskins of weapons that end up with the same damage, yet one weapon from these sets and not particularly the same set will be very unique…
It’s madness, nobody feels in. Siptah like exile lands! Too many of the same, with luck for only guidance ends up a bit tiresome :confused:.

2 Likes

See? :slight_smile: I kept saying it that it’s way more viable now than it ever was :slight_smile:
I’ve been recommending archer builds for “scaredy” people from the moment 3.0 hit… (By scaredy I mean people who generally prefer not to go into fights and previously had their thralls do all the work while they watched - now their thrall can tank for them with the authority perk just fine while they can do insane damage from afar)

As for your above fight, sure enough this was a bow-only challenge, though I typically have a katana on me so getting blocked by NPCs is not an issue as you can dash through them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Xevyr
Try it to understand! Go to single player and start this session, to play only archer and gain levels only from archery! Not because you build something, or you grind something, just from archery.
Fix your first bow in your inventory, go to the goat and gain a better bow and if you are lucky, farm a truncheon and slave a lvl 1 archer in volcano to gain the dragon bone bow. Then grind all the chests to gain your bows to do your sessions, or kill elephants if you can to farm ivory and fix proper arrows. With all the other weapons you can do it, you can play as a pure exile! With bow you cannot do it easily! The reason will always be the ammo, it’s expensive!

I would… however I haven’t really had time to play lately :smiley: Working on my new mod so I haven’t even logged into the real game since the last small update

1 Like

This is so difficult and yet so admiral! Some people spend so much time to fix mods for the game they love and they end up not playing their beloved game :confused:. Thanks for whatever you are doing and I hope soon enough you’ll find time to relax and play . Maybe I won’t be able to enjoy your mod but I am pretty certain that you’ll make a lot fellow exiles happy :+1:t6:.

Yes! :smiley: Though most of my mods were small things done in a few hours / days so I didn’t miss much, this one though started out as a small tiny nothing, but it’s grown into a much larger project than anticipated :smiley: We’re at the point where it’s too late to turn back lol so might as well finish it even if I’m lazy.
But I agree with the notion that a lot of modders don’t end up actually playing the game as much, though to be fair I have played CE a lot before jumping into these and atm messing around with modding is also fun.

Anyway, here’s a sneak-peek:

1 Like

I completely forgot that! :smile:

1 Like

Is the goat bow really low RNG or something? I used to get it a lot on xbox and since I’ve come to PS I haven’t seen it once! I just have to kill the goats right? Any goat?

1 Like

One of the sacrifices one makes for obtaining vast amounts of knowledge and secrets mere mortals cannot comprehend.

Before long you’ll be flagellating yourself as a server administrator.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Neither do I. Maybe it isn’t implemented.

The epic versions of Frenzied Bow and Twice-Upon-An-Arrow do 1 damage.

Yes, that’s why I said they are all Siptah weapons.

2 Likes

It is a main drop from a specific goat. Right now I cannot connect to send you exactly the spot that you find this goat, but it exists in both maps. Hopefully, in both maps she spawns alone, it’s a really easy kill, it’s a goat with blue eyes :hushed::rofl:. It is a decent bow, surely much better from whatever you can fix and farm in low levels and it looks like a dragon bone!
Now I will try to explain if you want to go searching, but later I’ll send photos!
Mount of the dead, take the way to dragon mouth. Somewhere in the middle you have some rocks high as hills and plateau on the top. One of this Rocky hill has the blue eyed goat waiting for you :blush:.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll have a look next time I log on :smile:

1 Like

Hey @Taemien, you use a lot of mods :smiley: maybe you can suggest a key that is comfortable to hold and isn’t already used by the game or a plethora of other mods?
Cuz I just realized shift-tab is the steam overlay in the real game :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

How? I simply can’t craft them with 1 damage :confused:

Noted, but we need a good alternative in EL that’s why I mentioned it :smiley:

1 Like

Did you try on the improved carpenter bench without a carpenter?

My mistake, only the epic Frenzied Bow is still 1 damage. Twice-Upon-An-Arrow is indeed 5.

2 Likes

Gotta give the frenzied bow another shot then, thanks

1 Like

Yeah, tried all the carpenter benches

1 Like

@prologue1337
Believe it or not years now I never, ever, ever used blunted arrows, never. Nor even on thralls. We have a spear too that was really op once, not even this. Tbh I believe that it is mistake that fists do not first place unconscious the npcs but killing them, but that is another story! One question to both masters now you and @Tephra, was broken oar always a hammer? It’s not even called broken anymore just oar.
I remember it was called broken oar and worked as a spear, do I remember wrong?

1 Like