I don't believe sorcery is good update to have

You may be correct on this (and I trust your knowledge on the subject to be honest). I do know that any modded server that has specific mods with loads of particle effects the entire server lags, not just for the individual but the. That was what I was bassing it off of. But yes, G-Portal does suck!!

1 Like

No pressure :wink:

1 Like

What drachenfeles said.

CCO stands for (in case you are curious), Chief Creative Officer. Meaning, he oversees more then just Conan Exiles, or Dune. You can Google what this means to, if you want to, but I’ll just quote Wiki for the sake of education.

A chief creative officer (CCO) is the highest ranking position of the creative team within a company. Depending on the type of company, this position may be responsible for the overall look and feel of marketing, media, and branding associated with the organization. The CCO may also be charged with managing, developing, and leading the team of creative directors, art directors, designers, and copywriters.

The CCO directs a company’s creative output, developing the artistic design strategy that defines the company’s brand. The CCO creates the unique image of the firm and deliver this distinctive design to consumers and to create a clear brand image which is a fundamental and essential work throughout the company. Advertisements present a certain memorable artistic design while also structured to accomplish functional goals. The CCO ensures that the design and functionality combine harmoniously so the firm can present a product that successfully represents its creative brand.

I remember at the time he got his promotion, there were certain game sites reporting that Joel was "stepping down as Creative Director. " Obviously we know why they worded it that way (clickity clicks). The point being, Joel retains creative control over the direction of Conan Exiles, and is basically the final say on creative matters (according to this Wiki and several other sources).

The belief that the game is going to suddenly turn into AoC because Funcom likes a mod (in which a very hard mod creative team has done amazing work), goes against years of what Joel has publicly stated and done for Conan. Having a few Funcom devs express “liking a mod” is not an indication of a game’s direction, at all. Funcom devs have expressed to me personally that they like LBPR, but I know as well as they do that 95% of it’s features would never see the light of day in the base game.

If they ever add a Sorcery system, it will be within lore guard rails. Joel wouldn’t have it any other way.

1 Like

THANK YOU. Exactly this statement. Right here.

4 Likes

If it weren’t for Joel, we would all be riding flying pink elephants and streaming lasers from our eyes. If you want to play WOW, then do it. Stop advocating to ruin this game please.

This is someone elses take on it, but I think it sums it up nicely about sorcery and magic on Conan lore.

Sorcery in Conans world was low magic really and being driven on a more ritual level. Magic in Conan was reaching it’s end considering that only a few isolated civilizations and cultures were actively using it. Beyond that only a selective few mortals, handful of magical beings and the gods themselves had any true magic. The major kingdoms in the Conan world have their mages and wise men, yet most used alchemy and other magicians tricks rather then true magic. Beyond a selective few mortals, only a few magical beings and the gods themselves have any true magic with them.

The best individual who is the most powerful human mage would be Thoth Amon. He’s lived for hundreds of years thanks to his knowledge and use of dark rituals to extend his life and maintain his health.

If you are thinking you will be shooting fireballs out of your backside, dream on.

4 Likes

Sorcery is a wonderful addition to the game. It’s integral to the lore. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Fart-magic!!! YES! That’s what I want!

5 Likes

The way they implemented magic is beautiful, just wait a few days and you’ll see. It really is unique.

I would say the implementation is really magic.

I dunno, implementing fart magic sounds a little… stuffy… to me. Ha… ha… ha…

I’m so sorry! :smiley:

4 Likes

Let me guess: it’s called friendship!

From what I’ve seen on this forum, especially @stelagel and the people gravitating around his endless, infectious positivity, it really is magical.

Remember the epic mage-fight at the end of The Hour of the Dragon, with the lich Xaltotun facing the mystic priest Hadrathus and Zelata the witch? That’s what sorcery in the Hyborian Age looks like.

Spoiler:

No actual spells were cast.

3 Likes

That idea stinks.

4 Likes

@LostBrythunian
I don’t know if you ever played this game on ps1, it was called Abe. The first was Abes odyssey and the second Abes Exodus. Abe was drinking a brew and then he had the ability to navigate and explode his own fart :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. Omg, I laughed so damn hard with this game, I remember when I play it I was about 22 years old but still I managed to pi on me from laughing… beautiful days.

1 Like

Yep. I can’t speak for @stelagel but I suspect that we share a philosophy that people need to be the change they want to see I’ll share a personal aspect…I was more or less a nihilist. That all changed the minute a tiny hand of my first daughter reach for me about 5 minutes after her birth. My world changed after that moment.

5 Likes

I still remember the earthquake…
I couldn’t understand if I was crying of laughing…my eyes were rivers but my chest was shaking like earthquake in a soundless laughter…
I never felt more alive before, my whole life before was meaningless. For the first time in my life I felt that I actually achieve something, I have e real goal, my life eventually have a reason, a goal.
To make this baby happy…
What a day…
What a miracle…
What a memory…
Thank you @erjoh

1 Like

Gas magic :')

1 Like

Isn’t that just a priest of Nergal? Sorry WH reference.

4 Likes

This one must opine…

The cause of much excessive flatulence is either affliction or infestation bacteria. While one could argue that pleasure for pleasure’s sake leads to many ailments and unfortunate hygiene trends, the actual smell of rot and death coming from one’s posterior is, in fact, rot from malabsorption in many cases.

Also, we already have gas orbs in game.
They already react when fire is brought to the them.
There is neither sorcery nor a new mechanic here. One does not need to wait until 3.0 to weaponize or detonate foul smelling emanations.

This one was today old when they discovered a young lady on twitch has made significant revenue selling her jarred flatulence. Sometimes this one wonders if they have died and gone to bizarro-world.

1 Like

Every single month. I am getting whiplash from smh. I started paying closer attention when tidepod challenges hit social media…and the people actually doing it! I recognized that all of these “useless” warnings were needed.

1 Like

yes.

2 Likes