I need help with tethering distance bug!

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online official | Online private | Single-player)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE]
Region: [Please enter your server region]

a friend of mine bought the game and we started playing co op but we can’t get too far from each other because of tethering distance.
I tried to increase the distance but the problem is that it does’t save.
I need the help to know what is happening or if there is a way to disable it.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

There isn’t any way to disable the tether in Co-Op. The alternative is to set up a local server, or rent a private server as there isn’t any tethering with server play. You can even host it off of the computer you play on but be warned, tethering is there for a reason, and that reason is performance. The more of the world your computer has to render, the more demand the server requires from your computer.

As for it not saving, I’m not sure, that’s the first I’ve heard of it doing that. It’s value is probably stored somewhere in an .ini, you could dig through the various config files to see if stored there. If so, saving it through the ini should work.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.