Idea to Generate Thralls with Altars

no, you can take them out of the altar, keep them in a chest, drop them on the floor, … or just leave them in the altar when you don’t need them. but you can’t place them down. so everything like today when you break a thrall in the wheel and you are at the thrall limit. it is only a passive way to generate random thrall items.

4 Likes

I get that, AND I like the idea. Unfortunately this thrall cap thing will keep me from ever having the pleasure of using it.

3 Likes

the thrall limit is here and it has come to stay. alternative sources for thralls will not change that :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Thank you for that wisdom.

2 Likes

As @Testerle already pointed out, no.

Only if this is implemented as passive, zero-cost production mechanics, like fish traps used to be. I didn’t get the sense that was the idea. Even if that was the idea, it’ll be a cold day in hell before Funcom implements a new feature like that, given what they did to fish traps.

It’s neither a yes/no answer, nor a wall of text. I hope that’s satisfactory.

This feature, if it ever got implemented, would interact with the thrall cap the same way as purges or surges. If the thrall cap already reduces your enjoyment of those other features, then it will do so for this hypothetical new one.

And frankly, that’s on you. There are many ways this feature could be made very attractive – for example, by providing unique thralls you couldn’t get any other way, or it could also produce crafters and not just followers – but in the end, it doesn’t matter. You’re determined to turn this into a thread about the thrall cap and nothing anyone says here will change your mind. :man_shrugging:

Of topic question, sorry op.
I always choose a Hyborian girl, what is the most correct choise of religion. Ofcurce I choose always Crom for first religion, but by the lore, witch is the God Hyborians believe in?

2 Likes

Your vainglorious attempts to stifle others posts you do not like or agree with and your desperate need to get the last word in show a maturity level that borders on the puerile.
We are done here.

Dont know, yes i think most favor one of the gods even if some folow more then 1 but in the game that you can worship all at max in the same time is abit silly.

But did not realy get the point. sorry abit slow today…

2 Likes

New idea. The altar has a low chance to generate a priest for that specific god 1 tier higher than the current priest occupying the altar.

Thus, if the altar was empty, the only thrall it could generate would be a T1 priest, however, since the chance would be low, it might take several days before one pops up.

Then if you move the T1 priest from the generating queue to the thrall slot, it will have a low chance to generate a T2 priest. T2 → T3, T3 → named.

2 Likes

But also a way to change the armors on the prests whit some benefits.

Hyborian is a bit general. From which of the Hyborian nations do you come from?

Aquilonia is a Hyborian nation. They primarily worship Mitra. There are also those who worship Asura and even tiny pockets who started to worship Set but it was fringe thing and not very well accepted amongst the general population.

Ophir is a Hyborian nation and they worship Ishtar, Bel and Anu. There are probably some who worship Mitra as well.

Argos primarily worships Mitra though Bel is also worshiped there.

So, the point is that being “Hyborian” is like being “European”. You could be from one of many different nations. And much like in ancient Europe you may have worshiped one of many different gods / goddesses.

4 Likes

This already exists in the game, at least on Isle of Siptah. It’s the Convergence trap. It uses ??? for fuel to summon or dismiss a purge. Also, summoning Gods is a PVP thing. I’m solo on official and I can create a god token in a couple hours very easliy.

So let’s say that my Bella is Hyborian from Argos(since I am Greek​:rofl::rofl::rofl:), is it wrong that I choose Crom? When I say wrong I mean about the lore, because I can be whatever I want, but if I ever play role play I would like to know what is the best character origin for Crom worship? I know that Crom does not care, @Croms_Faithful have send me a very detailed explanation about Crom. The devs had stated years ago in a stream that the Croms religion exists as neutral in the game and they have no intention to change it. In my imagination Bella is virgin to die young fighting unfair fights so she can prove worthy to the eyes of a God who does not care about humanity issues, but her Valor and beauty will make even Crom to see her (I burn it, I know :rofl::rofl::rofl:) so he will make sure that she will be transferred next to him one day.
Thank you for your understanding, now if you need a pill or two after reading this I won’t blame you :grin:.

5 Likes

Argus Panoptes or Argos was a hundred-eyed giant in Greek mythology. He was a giant, the son of Arestor , whose name “Panoptes” meant “the all-seeing one”. He was a servant of Hera; one of the tasks that were given to him was to slay the fearsome monster Echidna, wife of Typhon, which he successfully completed.
The Greek pantheon of gods is amazing and still is the singular lore that all of the gods come from. The Romans adopted all of the Greek gods as their own and spread their religion throughout the empire.

3 Likes

Echidna, mother of all monsters!

ABSOLUTELY!

Yes, they also adopted many other gods from many other regions over time as well. Basically wherever Rome went they stole their gods (at least the ones they liked) and took them for themselves. The Romans were not very creative in the whole god department.

3 Likes

No, but they rocked Bacchus and had a great time partying.

3 Likes

I have another beautiful story about the name Argos.
It was the name of Odysseus dog, actually Argos is the only famous dog in the ancient Greek mythology and if I am not mistaken it is the only reference about a dog.
When Odysseus returned to Ithaca Zeus gave him a different face so people could not regognise him. Penelope was a Queen without a King, so she had to choose a new husband and Ithaka gain a new King. After 10 years of Odysseus absence, everyone believed that he was dead, except Penelope and Argus. When Odysseus left for the Troy’s war Argos was 10 years old, so when he returned Argos was 20, unnatural for a dog to reach that age.
So like I said Odysseus had another face now but only the blind Shepard regognised Odysseus and his dog, who left his last breath on Odysseus legs.
Argos is a symbol of love and devotion since then.
argos

Homer make 2 epic myths, but the persons he used was not fictional, but actual persons that really existed. He made a parody of real historic facts in to epic stories (myths) and now is the bed time stories we read to our children. My son Achilles learn the myths on the school better and he was coming and telling me the stories over and over again. Even pointing my mistakes. Well… I said to him one day, when you become a father make sure you remember everything correct because my grandchild will do the same to you :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

5 Likes

Nothing is wrong, as far as I’m concerned, with any interpretation you choose to put on it - fighting to prove worthy of a god who ‘cares little’ for humanity certainly seems to suit Crom. If going by the strictest lore, then Crom is a god of the Cimmerians (roughly around the area of northern UK, north sea, Denmark) and unlikely to be worshipped by many other races - although I have seen at least one Nordheimer swear by Crom, but a) he was a friend of Conan, so may have picked up the habit, and b) it may have been in a novel by L Sprague deCamp rather than R E Howard, so is ‘canon’ in the broader sense, but not in the strictest, narrowest sense. (Side note - having just read Hour of the Dragon (Howard) and then mistakenly followed up with a deCamp novel, I really felt the difference - by god it was awful :laughing:)

For strict canon, you might also be interested that Argos (of the Hyborian Age) is mostly around southern Spain - though does seem to have quite a Greek influence. If you wanted the nation that actually contains Greece - that would be Koth (which extends into the Black Sea in the east, and covers southern Italy and almost all the way to the Spanish coast in the west (bordering Argos)). Koth is also a Hyborian kingdom, but seems to have a heavy influence from Acheron - the ancient and evil sorcerous empire that was eventually destroyed by the Hyborians as they migrated southwards and began to establish the kingdoms we now speak of. (I’m sure @Oduda can correct me or add more clarity, she seems to have a far clearer memory of the texts than I do :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Well, there are a couple of maps which overlay the Hyborian Age map with the modern age map. One shows Modern day Greece being partially in Koth and Partially in Shem, the other one shows it being pretty much entirely withing the borders of Shem. I have provided the links below. As for Argos, they both show poor Argos as being sunken under the waves of the Mediterranean sadly, save for a couple islands which still stand to this day (Sardinia and Corsica). Spain however would be the territory of Zingara, which is why the Zingaran people were representative of the old Spaniards.

As far as Koth goes, it is a Hyborian nation though it is a rather mixed one. There are strong strains of Stygian and Shemitish blood mixed within the Kothic population and even in their worship as not only is Mitra worshiped but so is Ishtar and Bel as well as Set.

Xoth Map

Other Map

3 Likes

Interesting - the map in most of the books I have is pretty close to the Xoth one, but puts Argos and Zingara a good bit further west (so Zingara appears to be the one that mostly vanished, with Portugal as the remainder). But given how many of the names on that map are misspelled (‘Bossaman Marches’, ‘Zapatsko River’, ‘Khawarlem’, ‘Shandigar’…), I pretty much hate that map, so am happy to see it contradicted :laughing:

3 Likes