Im really hoping the 3.0 update isn't just a bunch dungeons

There are some mods that introduce an underworld to the Conan game but I think it’s not official lore. I don’t recall ever reading anything about it in the books or comics. I suppose I could just not be remembering but…

1 Like

What bugs losing what? I’ve been playing from the beginning of early access and I’ve never had a bug eat my progress.

1 Like

have been playing since console release and have lost t3 altars countless times to stability bugs, kits to disappearing corpses, contents of vaults and chests to bugs concerning looting, been undermesh raided dozens of times, lost followers to black holes etc etc etc shall I continue lol :joy: I’m cool with it, I understand it’s a complex game with what I imagine would be extremely complex code and is bound to have bugs. I just don’t have the time or patience to deal with it anymore, especially the myriad of exploits and glitches that take place on official pvp servers.

1 Like

I didn’t see where @Darkzombie mentioned loosing progress just loosing things he has built as alot of people including my self have run into.

2 Likes

That the game continues to see development from FC covers most bases for me - so many other games get dev-support for a year or so and then they move on.

What’s in 3.0 has already seen a ton of speculative threads - and more the betterer.

I’ve seen some of the following - and any would be welcomed:

• Wandering hordes or mini-purges spawning here and there with unique rewards (see Savage Wilds mod for examples)
  • Converting some scrolls and arrows and potions and religious stuff to ‘sorcery’ and add some whizz-bang effects to cater to the ‘I want Sorcery/Magic/Magick’ groups (being a follower of Crom, this is all foolishness and weak superstitions and should be met with hard steel)
  • More dungeons above and below ground
  • More bling and core players can use stuff the role- and PvE/PvP
  • Traders that can be used by players to sell their own stuff if they wish
  • New stuff: creatures, thralls, weapons, etc (dlc?)
  • Change thralls so that players can skill them up in certain fields. You re-educate a T2 thrall as a fighter, or as a worker, or as a ??? - maybe add experience enhancements - and then cut the overall numbers of thralls - or add Sacrificing thralls for power

Just some thoughts.

Any new stuff in any game is good.

And stuff Modders can use to continue making their incredible offerings even better, that’s always great.

8 Likes

Great post, @Grymm.

I’m currently playing an Early Access title that is very good, but is rolling out pretty haphazardly. I envision it like the Fury’s “healing” in Christine, where other mechanics consider Arnie to be “crazy as a sh*thouse rat” because his repairs seem to be all over the place – like one repaired wiper while the windshield is still smashed, or a new wheel with a burned-up tire. I’m not saying these other devs are like that, but in comparison to Funcom they are definitely coming up way short.

2 Likes

Hey @Darkzombie what’s up m8, Welcome back, all good? I miss your posts m8 :+1:t6:, nice to have you around.
For me what kept you away was just a break we all need to take. What bring you back is the obvious :rofl::rofl::rofl:, we are Conan “junkies” dude. Exactly what I was saying to @lanier67 a couple of days ago. All the online games I tried to play were full of bugs and glitches, all of them, so if it’s this way I prefer to play what I like the most. Yet I agree, I would love to have less possible or none.
What I really expect for 3.0 is what I expect all these years for this game, to have more “love” from the global player base, because it deserves it @Mkishtarkorra, it just deserves it.

1 Like

I want to see the crafting thralls get up out of their bench and taking sword and shield to anybody who enters the area.

Well, just don’t sit there and watch the bomb nearby go off.

6 Likes

@Dzonatas
Especially the cooks. Omg the most deaths I count from npcs rading camps, is from cooks :rofl::rofl::rofl:. This would be cool, impossible but cool :+1:t6:.

2 Likes

Thats honestly a Great idea to make the game feel more alive. If a workstation is not being used, the thralls should just path around the base a bit, stop, stretch a little, and guard for intruders then sit BACK down, and obviously if someone begin using the station the thrall will return.

Having started playing Conan Exiles back when it first started all the years back, Funcom have consistently updated, patched and released new content (main game and DLC). Where possible and feasible, they have kept the player-base in the loop. There remain very, very few other games that tick as many boxes as Conan Exiles ticks (in my opinion) and their support of the extraordinarily good Modding Community Heroes too. Like many others that have played 7k+ game-hours, the game is still going strong.

6 Likes

Hello my friend! It’s nice to be back! Yes I am absolutely a Conan junky lol :joy: between ps and Xbox I’ve got about 5000 hrs plus change. I agree all online games have bugs. I accept this but Conan is the only one I play of it’s nature and I don’t have anywhere near the time I used to have to play it anymore :disappointed: which is why I selfishly wish that 3.0 was more heavily looking at addressing issues as opposed to adding new content. Thanks for the welcome back!

4 Likes

We don’t actually know that it’s not. All we actually know is that it will be one of the most significant updates to date. Everything else is just the overactive imaginations of a few users.

1 Like

So on Console. I’ve been on computer. I can’t say I’ve ever lost a T3 alter to a bug, Items to a vanishing body, Chest bugs, or lost follower black holes.

I have had items dropped on the ground fall threw the map and dead bodies turn invisible.

Being raided is part of the game. I fully understand that some people don’t like that part of the game and that PvE servers tend to be plagued by people griefing with building placements. That stuff makes me mad too. I only play on private servers.

Being raided is one thing. I wouldn’t be playing pvp if I didn’t expect that. But having your defences and preparation completely bypassed by known bugs that hung around for years and in some cases are still prevalent is quite another.

My only issue with Conan exiles is that it has always evolved and changed to the point that it doesn’t know what it wants to be. The survival aspect has been gutted, specially with Siptah making it bland with no heat or cold areas like the exiled lands. Yes there are some cold areas like the tower or the city of undead but is not the same. PVP also affects PVE a lot, nerfing weapons, armor etc. Like the healing waterskin. I hope for the future that they have a set path they want to focus on and stop changing things to please everyone, no company or game will ever please everyone.

6 Likes

I disagree with pretty much all of that.

Oh well… :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s fine everyone has their own opinion.

1 Like

And I totally agree with Siptah isn’t a survival map. Resources flow like honey over there and pretty close together in a nice temperate environment. It’s a PVP map for sure.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.