Top 5 things you would like to see in the 3.0 update!

Rules: Use only the “Numbered List” format;
Example:

1. Roads between bases
  2. trading posts
  3. etc…

you should try The sims. :wink:

Yeah TBH I wanna be dummy thicc if I can…

In no particular order:

1. New base defense mechanics (Maybe something to help reduce the amount of big bulky bases?)

2. Random dynamic server events would add some life to servers. (New environmental effects like blizzards or storms etc roaming thralls, travelling merchants etc, mini purges)

3. Maybe more emphasis/variation on class systems? (Improved Stealth mechanics/Archery Mechanics/Warrior Mechanics depending on your preferred playstyle, maybe some new playstyles? Shapeshifting/Necromancy etc)

4. New or extended exiles lands map? (Maybe some kind of portal or teleport to a new area(s) instead of building on the current map as I imagine expanding the current map would put more strain on the server? TBH I don’t really know how any of it works though haha)

5. I guess make legendries legendary again and bring some kind of balance/update to the current thrall system so that we don’t all end up having armies of beastmasters and/or berserkers.

This is just off the top of my head while I’m between customers and I’m probably going to edit my choices after I’ve seen other peoples suggestions :sweat_smile:

6 Likes
  1. Unreal 5 engine update
  2. New Map
  3. Rescuing friendly thralls to become heroic, epic friends.
  4. Ways for the player to earn the skill to become an Edgessmith, Bladesmith, Tempersmith, etc.
  5. Ways to learn recipes that are currently “Thrall Only”. Sorry, sir. You are not smart enough to figure out orbs of fire!
10 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

i know lol

i would like to see

• some serious optimization especially on the console version
  • an overhaul of the crafting menu as it’s getting really cluttered with all the dlcs and siptah
  • unlock recipies for the different coloured torches and braziers in the vaults (the models and fx are already in the game)
  • more claw weapons, i rather like the one you get from the wolf vault
  • an overhaul of the stability system, maybe even add horizontal beams and supports
3 Likes
  1. Quests
  2. Moar lore
  3. more dungeons
  4. better boss battles (a lot of bosses are just bigger versions of normal mobs)
  5. New biomes

Also if magic is being added please stick to the Conan lore, No fireballs please :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The consoles really need some attention!

About number 3: They could add, in the talent menu, a new tab with specializations for weapon use. Some Like this:

1. Warrior: two handed weapons, pikes, spears. medium armor, light armor
  2. Defender: One handed weapons, shields, heavy armor
    And then, when you choose one, the other options become blocked for choosing.
1 Like

Yeah could do something like that for sure, even if it was just something subtle like a stealth mechanic where your health bar doesn’t show up in close range and your steps are quieter or maybe a long-range/sharpshooter zoom for an archery mechanic.

1 Like

Target lock removed from official pvp
Auto facing removed from official pvp
Mounted combat deleted
Beast master teimos removed
Unwield/wield animation cancel restored
Full wipe of official pvp servers
Transfer with items disabled on official pvp servers
Gods removed from the game
god bubbles also removed since they’re not needed with gods removed

6 Likes

its a wonder the females dont fall forward all the time lol.

1 Like

Some of the things I would really love to see like UE5, better console optimization and more maps/biomes have already been mentioned, so I’ll just list some more minor things and not try to guess the big new feature of 3.0.

1. More character customization options, specifically more faces and hairstyles.
  2. Ability to change crafter thrall armor/clothing.
  3. Ability to hide head gear. One of the first things I do in every game is hide my helmet.
  4. Less rain in certain biomes. I mean, it can be atmospheric, but having rain 95% of the time in some places is too much. Or at least give us a weather severity slider that actually works.
    And last, but by no means not least:
  5. Fix breasts physics. No jiggly = no fun.
2 Likes
  1. Thralls: two classes only - Fighter and Crafter. Players would need to train specialities in themselves. Their experience and levels develop over time and play. Special, uniques (named) very rare and only via Purge. Wheel of Pain converts these (or all).
  2. Randomised mini-purges appear in key locations (as seen in certain new map mods). These would offer special reward tokens.
  3. Trading: more robust town trade centres for the selling and buying of stocks, thralls, etc. These centres would remain neutral to players unless player goes all hitty and bitey. See #1 for also being able to train up a Trader - or at least incorperate a player-side Trader that can be used to sell off unwanted stocks.
  4. For those persisting in the Conan genre-busting ‘we want magic’, convert the existing orb/potion/arrow/cleric specialities into some difficult ceremony to mimic same, but that also included the summoning creatures currently in Siptah DLC. In the books, sorcery, through present, is unique to certain cultures and is usually demonic-based and seldom game-changing when swords are thrown into the mix.
  5. I would love to see Unreal 5 - but there are a ton of players out there without the graphic cards to support it. Servers out there and bandwidth would also need significant boosting, and I don’t think that the core player-pool is consistently big enough to justify it. As it is, players in parts of the world cannot play other than solo or local-server because their country’s internet is not reliable or too expensive.

I do suspect that 3.0 will likely be offering something more practical than the above. I suspect the random mini-purges may be a thing, as well as roving mini-purge hordes. I imagine there will be some reconciliation of core game items. I suspect a new mount or two may come in (no flying!). I suspect trading may also be developed further. There should also be performance and swerver-swap changes done under the hood. Am just thankful that the game continues being developed.

PS: Prepare in advance. All private server Admins will know to allow for at least some days post-3.0 release for the amazing Modder-Community to do their updates. To be patient and to keep backups current. Depending on the nature of 3.0, server-wipes may be the order of the day too. Plan accordingly. Make backups frequently, and send thanks to the TestLive Testers and to all modders, great and small.

4 Likes
  1. Thralls reset Back to the Wheel
    reset thralls with unwanted perks in order to keep their looks and our love

2. Option to turn off battle music

3. Command for companions to attack the closest enemy
    to avoid clicking on a moving target with the tiny hud dot in a hurry

4. Command for companions to get out of the way
    this behavior was already there a few versions ago

5. Option to hide all standard map symbols

2 Likes
  1. New map and easier, unrestricted, near-instantaneous transfer between the three. Includes new sets of armor and weapons.

2. Thrall and pet scripting. Separate from but along with, NPC learning.

• NPC learning could entail a number of areas not just fighting abilities. For example maybe you ride through a particular camp almost daily - they might learn not to attack or even eventually greet you as you pass through. This could extend to your thralls as well: So maybe a future settings slider which sets a time limit on how long you’re allowed to keep a thrall enslaved - but you have to interact to actually free them - and if you never do maybe they rebel and take you out - whatever… many ideas here and of course including your thrall’s move libraries as they gain tactical abilities.
  • As an extra in this area I would love natural language interfacing to and with NPCs, thralls, and pets. Connect each member of an NPC race with an information pool of their lore, map area, and some extraneous banter; and then have realistic conversations. For animals maybe voice training - for example train your dog, wild-cat, or bear to sit, stay, heel, take point (scout out in front if a destination has been set on the map), attack, and etc.
    Of course I’m imagining NPCs that don’t always just attack at some arbitrary range and are open to other types of interactions - trades, alliances, coalitions, etc.
  1. More building pieces per set - like, double the amount as so many are currently missing from each current set. And a better snapping system that isn’t always choking.

2. Supersets of moves per weapon-class learned (by fighting with others who have those abilities) and added to a player’s subset.

3. Optimized server-client communication and better server hardware & software. I wonder if this should actually be number one on the list?

2 Likes

Adding to your #3, I would like to see a way to set up stalls for other players to come and buy your goods as well. I’m sure there are mods like this, but it would give a reason to come check other people’s bases on official PvE/C beyond admiring their architectural creativity. :wink:

They could either make it so the vendor chooses the item which needs to be brought for the trade, or just use the existing silver and gold coins.

1 Like

Well…

• Smarter enemies (including team tactics, usage of multiple weapons just like with archers when you got too close, ducking behind cover, jumping over obstacles, climbing walls, swimming (croccos that can not swim… my god!), jumping off of cliffs - I still don’t understand why the devs cut the feature off when they could fall down from edges… RIP ThisIsSparta!! :sob: , and fall damage to them - that’ll teach them backpedalling archers to stop doing that for ever!)
  • Minibosses or named NPCs should use legendaries instead of their tribe-related weapon tier such as hardened steel for nordheimers, etc. Why no Cimmerian berserkers with the Festering one??
  • More “finisher” attacks for enemies. For example: gorillas grab you and smack your head for a trendemous amount of damage, blurring your vision afterwards, yetis throw you away causing you max cripple, felines biting your neck causing huge damage and multiple stacks of bleed, snakes suffocate you for seconds, constantly draining your stamina and HP, bla bla bla. Those attacks should have their own animations, and should be unblockable with a shield, just like the dragons tailspin attack. If you get too close to them and they got you, you deserve to lose half of your HP in a single brutal attack.
  • More siege/base defense options that could be useful in singleplayer too. Tied to this: somebody mentioned (I can’t recall who, when, where) but random NPC fortresses that you can raid even in SP (@Selene01 was that you?)
  • Which one should be my fifth? Hmm… :thinking:
    More random(ish) encounters! All the spawns are fixed, you go anywhere you exactly know that in that square centimeter of land there is a tiger spawn, a kappa spawn, etc. After hundreds, thousands of played hours that is not a wilflife anymore, it is just some static… stuff.
    Same goes for humans: why no tribe wars? I’ll go even further: if you chose a race at the beginning (plus as I brought this idea up years before, when you create your character, your body characteristic -height, masculanity, race- should affect your stats a little bit too), the same race will less likely attack you, even you could build up some sort of trust system. For example if Lemurians and Black hand are in war with each other, and you are a darfari, both of them attacks you. But if you kill only the Lemurians, the Pirates will be less likely to attack you. I don’t think it is that hard to implement, Sea Dogs 2 from 2001 has this too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
3 Likes

My list:

1. New lands or map
  2. New dungeons
  3. Buffing the legendaries
  4. More revealing and unique armours
  5. Improved AI

The rest:

• Weather on Siptah
  • Inworld recipes on Siptah from the Exiled Lands (get rid of that RNG for the love of god)
  • Improved combat (I prefer the less stagger swagger combat)
  • Mountable pets (almost all of them should)
  • Smaller altar versions
  • Smaller pens (both are still too big, allow horse breeding in the pen)

A reason to play 3.0

3 Likes