In-Game Poll for Expansions

Already have battlestations

Ah right, oh well, we get to spend the VP from it!

I vote they activate perks but ONLY Cartographer and Motorist.

Can we vote for LoX be released for the 150 cap?? Might as well find out how to make this whole thing as big of a joke as possible since FC seems determined to screw this all up so badly.

I think a No SL shade, and LoX being released without any other xpacs until lvl 200 is brilliant. Then FC could disappear for a month or 2 while everyone wonders why everyone is still not getting any support or updates, then they could release SL AI and LE with a big timer ticking down on the website as they count down the deletion of the server and everyone’s character.

They should be sure to release $5-$10 micro transaction “boosters” for each of these phases too. That way they can get all the money they can before they officially shutdown RK2019, and RK5 shortly thereafter. After that, they can offer a 1 time limited use code to get one of their newer games for a 10% discount, which will only be good for 24 hours after they shut everything down. All the people who have been waiting for support and replies for the last 2 months will still be waiting, and their ticket will be handled and closed out once everything has been closed and deleted.

This might just be a sad parade of death for AO. Squeeze the last bit of $ from something, as lazy as possible, before shutting things down and saving that year upkeep cost

2 Likes

Pssssssst :shushing_face:
Dont say the truth or they close your Thread. :rofl:

Look at this: (Old) Rubi-Ka - A ghost Server - Thankyou FunCom

What a dictatorship…:partying_face:

I dont get the hate, i saw so many people complain about the lack of communication between fc and the community.

now they made an ingame poll, easy to acces and every account got a vote.
they even gave you alot of choices, even to release shades/keepers before SL, you know, for people who want to just be ready and level them.

but no, worst decision fc ever did. clearly having the option to roll a shade without perks will destroy the game

also, my guess why the “old server dead” threat got closed is because it was just going nowhere.
you have the peole who hate the new server, those who hate SL, those who hate not having SL, everyone threatening to leave if their demands are not being met and proclaiming AO dead

fc really did alot of mistakes but right now i dont want to be in their shoes as it has become absolutley impossible to please everyone

1 Like

Nobody said it would ruin the game. Keepers and Shades without perks are worthless trash, they have less Nanos because they were based around perks. If FC said hey we can release Shades and Keepers and enable perks without Shadowlands that would be an ok idea.

I still think we need Shadowlands on the next cap increase or the population will start to tank even more.

FC is getting backlash because they are offering ridiculous solutions to a problem that doesn’t really seem to exist… the population overwhelmingly appears to want SL released already. Everyone is bored with the Froob grind and folks are moving on. Froob is a boring chore beyond 100, and we have known this for 10 years… Froob 100+ is almost designed to bore its players to tears so they want to upgrade to a full paid account more. It’s just not fun, and the large community is dying off as people refuse to grind out useless lvls.

Offering Shades and Keepers without SL is a mockery. Plain and simple. The majority is sick of the paid Froob experience. The majority seems to want the ability to go through SL zones and experience the game without everything being gray up until Pen… where folks will start hitting SL lvls within the first couple quests there.

They are already way too late. Half of SL is already obsolete and dead. The population has grown together to these lvl caps, and have pushed what could have been a unique and interesting SL experience with strict lvl caps, to a micro transaction driven Froob experience with SL and expansions being a carrot that FC dangles in front of their user base, while they lazily update the global lvl cap every 2 weeks with little to no additional effort put in.

3 Likes

I think the current progress is fine, only the time between level caps is a bit long.
froob is okay until about 140, then it starts beginning to feel like a slog, sure SL is faster and having both would mean more content but still, rk is good for the first 140 levels

and they are offering every solution (which expansion to release plus the possibility to release keepers and shades for when sl will not come) and letting us choose, how can that be a bad thing?
fc didnt say they will release those classes before SL, they said it is possible, meaning that, if we dont want SL, but want keepers we could have it if we want to.

if everyone wants sl they should see that now. if they still dont release that im with you but right now i dont see that they do anything wrong because they just ask us what we want.

also, i read the exact same thing, that most want sl, just that most people would want rk until 200, just read a few threads in here, its a very heated topic and im really curious what the poll will say

So you think to 140 is a slog, but you’re ok with froob to 175? Logic checks out.

Anybody with a half a brain knew exactly what that poll would show. Shadowlands in a landslide victory. But it’s great that FunCom caters to the minority I guess.

No, im not that happy to grind till 175 on rk, but im not quitting-the-game angry that i have to wait a few weeks for sl

well, yes, but i also talked with quite a few people who dont want sl which made me question if its really so obvious.

again, im not saying its perfect but i dont get people rioting about it

I’m not quitting because of the wait either. If FunCom came out from the very start and said Shadowlands will not be coming out until June 27th. I would have said, hey that sucks but whatever.

No, I’m pissed because they said hey we are gonna do what the community wants, lets us vote and then throws that vote straight into the garbage. That’s why I’m personally pissed off right now.

Pfft, peanuts.

The OP in that thread only voiced concerns about lack of communication and then the white knight army arrived to flag everything resulting in the thread being not only locked but also being unlisted !

Also, congratulations @ Funcom for failing miserably at polls.

PS. @ all the euro people : go and use your vote this weekend !

1 Like

Yeah i know… I love AO but FunCom proved again that they are one of the worst Companys in terms of Customer support and competence about their games.

If they realy want to give ppl something back, they would create some of the suggested content from the past and fix REAL Problems like payment issues. There are tons of ways to improve the game, by simply listening to your playerbase.

But what did we expect?
Nothing personal but my grandfather have more knowledge about AO as Andy.B…

Many people wanted SL month ago, so it is actually few months…

I personally think Shadowlands should’ve come out at the very start. That way you could experience it from 1-200+ if you wanted to, now it’s the same as before second rate garbage where most stuff is grey. Sucks.

Nope. I for one would not have come back if the game started with SL enabled. It is what drove me and my friends away back in the day.

46% of the vote was a no for SL. Either by not wanting any expansions or an expansion other than SL. That is almost half the vote. I think FC did the right thing in giving us ‘classic’ AO for another month and then opening up what the slight majority voted for.

Glad I was able to enjoy the AO I (sorta) remember with my friends for a few months. We’ll probably duck out once SL arrives. Unlike the sad entitled man babies who all to are ubiquitous on here and the discord site with their toxic nonsense, we’ll just fade quietly away when its no longer fun to pay.

Thanks again FC. It was fun to come back and enjoy AO again. Shame you couldn’t make it 100% vanilla but if you ever decide to make a RK only server again in the future, you can count on my $$.

“the classic AO experience” was nothing like this. This is essentially the 2009 froob experience. They did no custom tweaking to reach the classic experience, all new items, new zones, new balances, mobs are way more buff to accommodate xpacs(even tho xpacs arent active), pvp is non existent, and pvp titles are lame now(doesnt consider skill at all, but total kills, before it was a kill/death ratio) and nothing like classic AO, and classes arent evenly distributed, do to these imbalances.

If SL made you and your friends quit, that means you never even tried it…so how do you even know what youre missing? This is customers complaining when theyre directly lied to and mistreated. you sound like an “entitled man baby” who wanted a classic AO experience but youre too dumb to realize its not even close to what classic AO was, not to mention that was never promised, a progression server was.

It was labeled a progression server from the start, so you would have “left quietly” regardless of anything that would have happened anyway. Just because you get walked all over in life and dont speak up (and LOL like that’s a good thing) doesn’t mean we have to. Keep being quiet boy.

1 Like

Do you know how percentages work? Over 100% more wanted SL than no expansion.(mostly because the game is broken without it(because of rebalancing)).

It was a landslide victory for SL vote. 56%.

Of course you think FunCom did the right thing cause they did what you voted for even though that choice lost by over double. And as I’ve said, if they removed the LE / AI (never should’ve been there) options it would’ve been like 70% Shadowlands just like the poll on here a while ago.

Plus if you don’t like Shadowlands don’t go there. It’s pretty simple.

If anybody’s a man baby it’s the anti expansioners in ALL mmos. They’re part of the game. If you don’t like em don’t play the game. This is a progression server with all content coming out. You should’ve never played on it.

You and 24% of the current population, so like maybe 50 people? Have fun with that…