Invulnerable enemies for the first seconds of a fight

pc

I recently started playing with a mate, and I can say we’ve been having a good deal of fun, roaming around, building a base, exploring locations and battling NPCs. However, I fell that this game still has a huge amount of bugs, some almost game-breaking, and this is a shame for a released game.

But the biggest gripe I have with this game is that some NPCs seem to be invulnerable for the first few strikes, while being able to hit you, forcing you to retreat and wait a few seconds in hope they reste back to their normal state. How is this still not patched?

I find that they can become invulnerable to attacks at ‘any’ point during a fight. Just sometimes I can’t hit them anymore until I make them move away from wherever they’re standing. This happens a lot near walls, on bridges, etc, even out in the open away from objects sometimes.

It’s incredibly annoying and immersion-breaking. I just had to make a single archer move three times before I could damage him…

Also, they’re always invulnerable to melee attacks while under the tents. So are players, but a player can still be hit with arrows there.

I’ve experienced the same thing. It makes combat so much less fluid when suddenly neither parties are doing damage to each other and then suddenly you are. Sometimes switching to a bow and shooting them will fix it but that’s not even a reliable fix as it only works some of the time. This has been happening since the combat update for me and it really needs to be addressed.