Is anyone still working on Conan Exiles

My thoughts too. I bet Official servers will be sunset by the end of the year.

They pushed 5 hotfixes in Dune for an exploit and the exploit is still in the game. Dune has now 5 dupe methods, players have duped so much spice it’s worthless, you can read all about it in Discord and watch it on youtube. It’s the same quality of fixes where bugs will exist in the game for years. Every patchnotes have the exact same line “fixed some crashes and added some optimizations” yet the game is running with constant stuttering on a 5090, dlss is broken, frame generation will freeze your game, lumen will add more stuttering. The game is not optimized at all and it’s getting even worse, when you enable dlss your steam FPS counter will display 180 fps but game will run like 25 fps. Game has lots of cheaters that are entering your base in pve areas and empty your chests, stealing your vehicles. They kept an update on beta server for 1 week and then pushed it live and broke the game, d/c everywhere, player inventory vanishing, etc losing weeks of farming.
Funcom is outsourcing every bit of work including bug fixing, to companies who have no clue what they are doing, which will lead to a failure to keep their playerbase in the long run.

DLSS has been deprecated. There is some support in the 5090.

It’s just magic.

I have 5090, only 1 out of 6 games i play know how to implement DLSS and frame generation and it’s not DUne Awakening.

Dune seeds the map as it expands. I played around with an infinity map, and it rocked. I made note of the seed values a while ago. It can be setup and done with shaders from what I read. Right now it’s pretty lenient or was to speed it up, but it still needs a way to save or bake.

There also should be a way to preload data. “Save” allows for a quick bake of a scene. “Bake” is meant to make ultra mode timeless. The “preload” is a hint.

I’m just checking in because I had a video recommended to me on YT from a person I’ve never seen talking about a dev letter/ “apology” they put out for D:A and oh my Crom were my suspensions correct. It seems they learned nothing at all and are doing the exact same old routine with their new game that they did with CE.

Except, there is an even bigger problem here: this game is what, 1 month old? (since the official release date). These are huge mistakes to be making in a brand new game whose mainplayer base doesnt have an entire year, or two sunk into it. 1 month is nothing and the playerbase will just move on. Any people who played CE and still tried out D:A hoping for better now know what we, the hesitant, feared: a repeat experience in a new flavor.

How are these major bugs/exploits happening on a brand new game? I was under the impression that years of old code on the UE v.4.15 was most of the problem for them.

UE is not secure as wanted. D:A still seems like open-source…and there is still outsourcing. I have more hints from these devices.

well, if there was any possibility to transfer a character from the official server to the singleplayer I probably wouldn’t hesitate. Guys from the clan don’t play anymore , like a lot of players from other clans I used to play with and newbies don’t communicate much now or it’s a 2-week Bob the Builder who builds a mega fortress and goes to another server…

Yes the lies…oh to laugh! I watch diligently every day. Nothing. New. In. Bazaar. It’s the same shit, different day. Wasn’t there a mention of bringing things from the" vault" for the Bazaar? Pfft! Lies, lies, lies!

As I have said for years there are people that wouldn’t recognize a lie if it was laid out to them in black and white.

Please link to where any funcom rep said that. Here you are calling people liers yet can’t remember if it was actually said or by whom. So can not prove any one was lying if they actually were, CAN YOU?

Ya got me decon, I’ve been looking, cant find it. I know it was said somewhere. But can’t find it. They still don’t do what they say tho, regardless..

Thing is, something that happens to me regular is people read what I wrote, run it through their personal translator, then paraphrase me wrong in their own heads.

Now I’m not sure what “vault” you are referring to but I do remember them saying battle pass content wouldn’t come to the bazaar as is. But we could get reskins, so there is is a lot of quality content that could be added to the bazaar simply by a texture artiest reskinning them.

Of coarse there are a few dozen armors that could use UVremapping, maybe add some new dye zones to some.

And when are we going to be able to dye shields? If funcom did a bunch of QoL stuff like that I think it would make people happier then any new side kicks.

You want to see people come unglued, give us drawbridge skins.
Let us set the range of food pots.
Change the animal pens for animal farming; eggs, hides, meats.

Seriously who couldn’t go on about little improvements that would mean a lot to players?

It worded like…and maybe we can bring some old items out from the vault for the Bazaar…or something to that nature.

Denis said it during a dev stream that they will make all battlepass content availbale in bazaar, but only recolored or with small changes. None of that happened because Conan Exiles is sunsetting.

Nothing that funcom has said in 18 months seems to be true…

They are constantly lying,

They are doing the same crap updates to dune.

The level of incompetence , (yes funcom i am calling you an imcompetent and lying company.) Is just like no other.

Dune will eventually fail , and will end up with a hard core fan group ofnpeople of 20k , with every year bleeding players. Until they reach 10k

That is the future of funcom, they simply do jot learn from the mistakes.

They are in for the quick bucks.

I am not playing the game and i know of killer exploits , duping and cheaters already. See how that will go in 6 months.

Does anyone here brave enough to defend funcom practices ?

White knights are becoming extint lol.

But hey , lets add censorship to content creators , they have lost firespark and wak. Who do you think will be next ?

Just because something hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it’s not going to. Now that Dune is out it may free up people.

There are game devs that would open a vein for 10K players, how do you consider that a failure?

They can only hope Dune fails as badly as Conan.

You do understand people pointing out you are wrong, when you are wrong, is not them being a white night, right?

Radical Heights was an extreme sport{BMX} BR, too fricken fun, loud, colorful, glitzy, like a game show; the theme. In fact there were stages you had to preform on; like spin a big price is right wheel to unlock weapons and ammo. It was truly a unique BR. But new developer using a common game engine and no understanding of how to lock the back door. In no time it was hacked in to oblivion.

Now that game was a failure, gone and long dead now. Personally I thought it was better then fornite. Dune will be another failing success, much like Conan. Good enough to keep it’s core players but never as good as it could have been.

I predict 5k players in Dune (if that) within 6mo at its current downward trajectory. Its got even less to do in it than CE if you can believe that. Sorry FC, yes I still feel sorry for you guys even though you’re a pack of liars.

The devs or admins don’t even bother jumping on to defend themselves or the game now. This really is depressing. What a way for this former great game to die.

We broke it. We own it. We promise to fix it. We disappear and ghost our players.

The game that is occupying my time now is Schedule 1. Game has been out 4 months, has gotten 2 updates that were more fixes and changes then adding content. This month he is adding the cartels, next layer of the game. People are already griping about the slow development and the lacking of map expansions.

I like bursting peoples bubbles. Conan was never great, that is funcom’s biggest issue. They can produce a good game, but it appears not to be in them to produce a great game. Conan was it’s best the first 6 months when you could have a conversion with a rep and they seemed to be listening, then we got ghosted.

I came back for sorcery, I first left because the game was stagnating, wallowing in it’s own developmental mediocrity. I loved the ages though too short; should have started at 6 months, I loved the battle pass, but the quality was out of proportion to the cost of the pass. My issue with the bazaar was pricing and no guaranties. And people that bought some of that broken crap know why.

And here we are again, extra ghosted, like she done moved, and wallowing in developmental mediocrity. Thing is, it wouldn’t take that much effort on funcom’s part to pull Conan out of the grave.

You’re not bursting my bubble, because that’s simply your opinion. As much as me feeling the game was great until AoW. Some of my favorite gaming memories period were PvP pre AoS.