Is CE getting worse?

4f9f7df63e1cda2b39416f4728e11ed4

5 Likes

actually, a game/service/product that worked reasonably well 3 months ago, and is now virtually unplayable cos of new bugs, is indeed the definition of what is meant by ā€œgetting worseā€.

There are also a lot of old bugs that had been fixed before, and have returned again now: eg.
sound delay, rubberbanding and more.

Apart from that, ā€œbeing excellent to eachotherā€ is always best,
it is known.

1 Like

Yes, the thralls have been able to deal damage to other players on PVE-C servers for a year now. Not just on XBox, but also on PC.

Iā€™m not accusing you of lying, but I do believe that youā€™re either wrong or youā€™ve discovered a platform-specific bug. Remember, you didnā€™t just claim thralls can deal damage to other players, you also claimed that they:

Like I said, this is not true, at least on PC. During ā€œPVP hoursā€, followers can deal damage to players and players can deal damage to followers, but only if theyā€™re set to follow a player. If they are scouting or guarding, they cannot deal damage to players and players cannot damage them. It has been like that for a year.

If you have proof that it doesnā€™t work like that on XBox, I would suggest opening an XBox bug and providing a repro.

4 Likes

If you want why I am opposed to twitch drops, watch a show called Mythic Quest on Apple TV. Episode 4 season 1 has what I feel is how twitch streamers are used by companies like Tencent.

He cannot replyā€¦

Also, combat is terribly laggy atm. And horses are uselessā€¦everthing gets nerfed for pvp, but it screws pve overā€¦unbalanced is the least offensive term i can think of, hope its okā€¦

Horses before, even in PvE, were over-powered to use when fighting. I knew when my friend was killing bosses on horseback all day on Siptah that horses will get a fix sooner or later. My friend always scolded me for not fighting on horseback.

You still can fight on horseback and still be pretty effective, but you are not as strong as you were before. When horseback fighting becomes a metaā€¦ you know there is something wrong.

Nope, still broken. Just not to the degree that they were.

I cannot count how many times I venture out and my thrall gets stuck on a rock, a tiny rock at that. Like itā€™s foot gets caught on a corner and it forgets to walk. Or in the middle of combat the thrall just forgets how to attack. Just stands there and gets a beating. I have read shields can cause this - then why have them as an option?

Just because some users havenā€™t experienced them, doesnā€™t dismiss that others have.

In PVP combat, I agree. In PVE, not by a long shot.

Your friend likely enjoyed mounted combat a lot. Even before the horse nerf, there was no boss I could kill faster using a horse than on foot. It just takes too much time to turn around and aim the lance, and it doesnā€™t stack DoT.

I keep reading about this. Looks like I have to get myself more thralls, because I havenā€™t experienced this on my new playthrough, with either of my 2 Teimos thralls or my prized Dalinsia. They all happily use any weapon I give them. Dalinsia, in particular, is a killing machine with Nortis. I havenā€™t given them shields, because I know those were buggy and because I think it would be counterproductive anyway: I want them to deal as much damage as possible, not cower behind shields.

1 Like

Xbox is more stable now, granted. But at the cost of lag in every aspect of the gameā€¦its never gonna be right, on console anyway. Should never have ported from PC.

Iā€™ve experienced this issue even with thralls that come with a shield. Iā€™ve fixed this on my end by removing the shield.

Iā€™ve captured thralls that come with shields, starmetal ones. And even if I do not replace them, they go into guard mode. Is this intended behavior? If the answer is no, then to me, it is broken.

Iā€™ve read over a year ago replacing a thrall with a weapon type they didnā€™t come with will mess them up, (switching from sword and shield to two handed for example) and Iā€™ve avoided doing this for that reason. Iā€™ve made reports about it over a year ago, and even offered a solution at the time for a fix to users having this issue.

Iā€™ve noticed the overall improvements made to the AI, itā€™s come along way.

This for me is a brand-new playthrough after almost 8 months away from playing the game with any seriousness.

Cruaidh 1: given name Malacandra
Cruaidh 2: Columcille

Both came out with 2H swords.

Fitted with exact armor set for each, combo of Barbarian and Aquilonian for Vit. Ancient 2H sword with T2 damage fitting. Fed steaks.

Mal throughout his training has a strong performance with combos and a sprinkling of deadly overhead strikes. He is versatile and can handle the truncheon with ability as well.

Col is a total failure. He strikes the overhead smash about 55 percent of the time (more than half), resulting in his combat ineffectiveness. Give him a truncheon and he gets chewed up.

It occurs to me that the corresponding key for the overhead smash is ā€œblock.ā€ In other words, and itā€™s early yet, but could it be that these thralls can come out with a combo set that may quite prominently feature a block? Thinking this, I have given Col a shield, and you know heā€™s not too bad in crowds. Where he really shines so far is with knives.

1 Like

Look at the bug reports for the different platformsā€¦Xbox must have 100+ bug reports since IoS releaseā€¦granted, some of those appeared with 2.3. But nothing gets fixed before IoS is added. Now we have bugs upon bugsā€¦bring on 2.5!

Meanwhile the new game Naraka: Bladepoint launched.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1487290

I have been playing Conan Exiles for about 2 years, on and off.

What I can say for certain, is that game has continued to change over time.

The developers have their vision of where they want the game to be.
The players have their opinions of how the game should be.

When these two are in conflict, is when people get salty it seems.

For myself, I am glad that there are continued efforts to improve the game.

The one thing I would like to see improve is the condition of the Updates when they are released; it seems that when an Update goes out, there are a fair amount of technical issues and bugs that come along with it. I would like the Updates to be a bit more polished on release, and cause fewer bugs and technical issues when implemented initially.

5 Likes

Testing would be dope!..Also, it seems that every time an update is applied, xbox goes backwards in respect to bugs. They fix a bug in January, update in March and get the old bugs back. Cant FC fix their base version of CE, then apply updates to that? Seems like they work from a broken version, and every update resets any changes made to remedy bugs. And the cycle repeatsā€¦

that is a good thought. I do know there is a command string you can see in devkit tables for different racws/classes, so possible there is a higher RNG for some to have block in there string.

If my potato will work with me, Iā€™ll check.

1 Like

No offence to you or FC, but exactly whom is their demographic? I was under the impression that Xbox players buy the games, there are millions of consoles, but only one dev teamā€¦wouldnt it be more profitable to make the game for consumers as apposed to the dev team? It wouldnt hurt to consider what the people, whom actually spend money on CE, wantā€¦if i owned a taco truck, you can bet your bottom dollar the menu would have more than just my favorite tacoā€¦

They are making the game for consumers. Considering what the players want is not the same as obeying what the players say. If youā€™re looking for that, good luck finding it, because itā€™s not only impossible, but it would also result in a really, really bad game. Donā€™t take it from me, take it from an acclaimed professional game designer:

4 Likes