Is the new DLC worth buying given the nerfs?

none of the buildings items i have a problem with, its the armor and weapons that they stuffed up beyond all recognition of what they were meant to be

Theyā€™ve probably overnerfed it a bitā€¦ give them a chance.

They reacted to the feedback in the forums which was loud and clear since the patch that released the DLC items about how they were overturned, and maybe they over corrected them just to be safe.

Iā€™d hope they would adjust them a bit in a future patch, maybe? Also, Iā€™d expect theyā€™d add specialized thralls and stuff that is missing and that would make things a bit better tooā€¦ maybe, again?

IDK, but Iā€™d hope they would at some point after the 500 fixes patch.

Right. They need to nerf star metal down to Khitan level, so they actually do match as advertised.

All depends on prise, right? Specially if you are a fisherman then water ownership are better then the land :wink:

But as I said building parts as the same cost and stats as reinforced stone but are cold isolated. That way you do not need black ice to get proper buildings in the north.

So yes for me itā€™s worth the money. For you? Well if you donā€™t know how to fish donā€™t buy property in the water.

Edit: I truly hate this forum and now quotes works. When will Funcom get a proper forum that works?!

oh no they are also getting feedback submissions to there customer service alsoā€¦ just got a reply back for mine lol

Itā€™s bad taste to sell incomplete paid DLC. The flawless versions of the items are in the game, thereā€™s no excuse at all for not putting in thralls to craft them.

They donā€™t deserve a chance, and hereā€™s why. They didnā€™t warn anyone about it. I didnā€™t see any thread at all talking about how they were going to lower the values. They chose to let everyone find out AFTER they buy it. If they would have at least given a day or two warning, then they couldā€™ve gotten feedback, and some of us wouldnā€™t be as mad as we are.

Thatā€™s what really got me, the fact that they didnā€™t let us know so we could factor in that change when we were deciding whether or not to buy it. :frowning:

1 Like

Awesome! :slight_smile: Nice to know!

I havenā€™t had a chance to play not even upgrade either yet, and Iā€™ll probably be holding off updating until the DevKit is released and most mods I use are updated tooā€¦ since I play a heavily modded game I cannot take chancesā€¦ and the WoP resetting bug makes me hesitant to update too :smiley:

But for now, at least I know I already have it and Iā€™ll be able to use it when I get the chance.

Why didā€™t you check the values after the release but before you bought it? Common sense to me.

I do however agree that the manufacture cost must get an adjustment.

I respect your opinion and yes, I concede your have a pointā€¦ and Iā€™d probably be in agreement with you if I was more involved in MP myself. So yes, my PoV is different than most peopleā€¦ itā€™s just, I can waitā€¦ for a bit more.

Patience is not infinite, thoughā€¦ but Iā€™m still getting enjoyment from a 29.99 USD game after more than a year playing it.

Imo itā€™s still worth buying , but just for the structure parts. The gears are VERY disappointing. One look at the gear value and you wonā€™t even bother to craft it.

1 Like

to tell the truth, make funcom sweat it out and get off there arses to fix things before getting the dlc. if they see there actions are costing them money then either they change there way or crash and burn

i was looking forward to it that both the changes to weapons and armor made me quite the game, and i was planing to make a temple with the new pieces too

Well A nerf was coming, it just had to. However I think it was a tad much. They should have match cost/stats with other top of the line equipment to make it as an optional route.

yeah shadoza, the loudest minority where the people complaining about the dlc being ptw but in the end they were never going to buy the dlc in the 1st place so its all on funcom now as they screwed over the people that will buy the stuff

1 Like

they should know that you reward people for buying something. dont have to go overpowered with it but just put it on par with the same things you can make at that level and not make it a pay to grind experiences just to get what you payed for

They have changed the stats of the weapons on release!
Before release I have checked the values. And for example, the bow was better then the star metal but weaker then the dragon bone.
Now the bow is weaker then the star metal bow, but needs star metal for crafting.

But if its true (I have read it here somewhere at the forum), the stats for the weapons are better on the PS4 version. So, maybe, it is just another bug for the pc version.

thats why mikelei i think the weapons was a coding errorā€¦ nothing they say will explain the armor though

Hope not they get same stats as it was before release but something more in line with that star metal have. Else I have to refund my DLC:

Youā€™re right, Iā€™ll give you that. I fell for the hype because I was excited about the new content, I even passed on getting any games off of the Steam sale so far. I donā€™t have much funds available atm, so I was deciding between A Hat in Time and this DLC.

I really should have waited, because now I canā€™t get A Hat in Time until my refund fully clears tomorrow afternoon. Still, though, a change this big really deserves a heads up from the devs. Whether or not I should have checked, they also should have spoken up. You canā€™t tell me thatā€™s not shady.

On PS4 all DLC weapons have worse stats than Hardened Steel counterparts!

The appearance of the armor / weapon is awesome, why did they have to nerf it and make it useless ? :disappointed_relieved:

look at it, it looks awesome, detailed and very authentic