Is the new DLC worth buying given the nerfs?

pc

The DLC has not had a good reception to put it mildly. I am leaning towards giving it pass since the weapons are much weaker and not equal to to current ones available.

The construction though could keep me happy is that part any good?

Should I just wait see how this mess unfolds with the DLC, or walk away from any intent on buying it?

The construction pieces require hardened brick.

yeah they just recycled/re-purposed the reinforced stone building t3 requirements is all.- kind of lazy but its doable.-nothing new there though.

DLC is what DLC is.

If you think its overpriced, it is, so dont buy it. If you think the price is fine, get it.

I personally dont buy DLCs ever, the practice is a money grab by the industry that went from having to make quality Expansion packs to breaking up those packs to try to make more money while not even making the content depth an xpac would bring.

I noticed the armor takes gold dust to create.
I also noticed that the weapons are weak enough that a player might not feel encouraged to use them.
I like the look of the building materials; however, if not for those, I would not have paid money to gain something weaker than what is available. Seems they would have at least made it balanced with the higher ends rather than the mid to lower end weaponry.

I was holding off on making weapons for my thralls, just so i could deck them out with Khitan gear.
It’s not even worth putting on thralls.

Can any T4 blacksmith craft Flawless weapons from the DLC ?
how good are Flawless DLC versions in the starmetal tier compared to vanilla statmetal ones? are them cheaper? damage/durability?

I am at level 38 with a T4 blacksmith and have not seen a way to craft anything about the level 10 gear. I have noticed there is level ten and level 60. Does seem to be anything in between where I am standing.

The single hand sword (Jian) is 15 damage with 8% pen
Flawless, if it can be found, moves to 18 damage with 7% pen

The armor (light) is equal to the Light chest piece one sees at the start of the game which is low grade 11 with a encumbrance bonus. The Mercenary Cuirass (Khitan version) is mid grade 11 with a grit bonus.

If you are looking for a pick up on damage and protection, it isn’t there.

I summoned in an epic flawless version of the 2h sword, and it does 47 dmg. That’s completely pointless to even bother with.

The weapons are nice to look at, but not strong and not really worthy of the cost of the DLC.
The build/décor items are okay…might be worth the purchase. The building items look more like a USA Midwest barn than a Asian. There is a drum and a zheng (musical instrument) that actually make nice noises when clicked on. The roofs do not curl at the edges and the center piece is missing if sloping roof is used.

This DLC is more for role-players than anyone else. I cannot see the use of it for PvP at all.

I pulled a copy from admin since I cannot make them. I agree, there is no point for anyone above level 10 to use these weapons. The level 10 is the same as iron. If I am remember correctly the Level 60 weapons are close to hardened steel.

Thank you for that. I was on the fence about requesting a refund on the DLC, because I was trying to determine if the building blocks were at least worth it. I kept hoping someone on my server built something with it, but nobody is rushing that bad(which is fair lol).

Hearing that description right there helps a lot, because that doesn’t sound like something I’d want to build with. Also this:

That pretty much shows that what I was hoping to build wouldn’t look right anyway. XD

…and I hear they require star metal to craft, but aren’t as good as hardened steel. :frowning:

As long Funcom keep the new items on par, absolutely not better then the old ones I think everything is okay.

For $10 I would buy the new constructionist parts alone. Buying the DLC will actually be the first things I do when I get home.

Don’t worry, they’re not only far from being better than the old weapons, they’re far from being on par with the old weapons. They’re practically worthless. :smiley:

But as I said the building parts alone is easy worth $10.

Wish I shared the same sentiment, but I wanted the whole package to be worth it, not just half of it. :\

funcom has put the statement “All the new items have the comparable stats to existing items” this is false and until they fix both the weapons and the armor i can not recommend this dlc to anyone. there is no other level 10 armor that i know of that needs gold dust… hell there is no other armor in the game that needs it but with this dlc the medium and heavy do. A clear lie about it being only cosmetic

I think they are a nice change but…most of the building pieces resemble a barn. I thought the color would be more vibrant than what it is. I was also hoping for the curl at the edge of the roof.

I bought it :slight_smile:

I don’t know if it’s really worth it or not… but I like the game and I think it IS worth supporting it (at least for now, that might change in the future ofc.) and since U$S 10 is within my budget, I didn’t saw any problems with spending it.

And also, the fact that I don’t have any interest in any other games atm (at least, that I don’t already own…) helps too :smile: