Issues with level 20 hyrkanian bow

yep okay secondary ranged weapon is definitely a good idea for a thrall.

The thing is standing on high/hard to reach/safe vantage point is one of the first thing on ppls mind. That is not an exploit at all. Natural instinct with ranged weapons.
Bad AI is bad AI needs a fix. ANYTHING is better than standing still enemies just because they stuck in the pathfinding instead of another subrutin. So you say we as players deserve ■■■■ damage output just because we using our natural instincts instead of the programmers would create 2 IF then statements ant 2 “small functions” when this happens? if you see the incursion point is there. if you just hop on a rock and the AI can’t reach you he looses agro and walks back to it’s original place. instead of helplesly whatching the incomming arrows they could do much more things. so it is programming error not user error.

Saw what ARK did? dinos run away if the case is hopeless for them even the mighty giga-not-a-saurus.

And indeed your idea of every melee thrall has a ranged “sidearm” and pull that out is a good solution.

another one could be if they too have the ability to climb

No need to get too personal about that.
I hate how bows changed myself. Mostly because I like the way they worked before (and will again after some patch hits after release) but also because of archers being this inferior to melee.

I dont want to list that to do list for decent damage again.

Also I only told you the point of view of a certain portion of melees (who obviously couldnt counter bows) and of the devs as they agreed with that.
And right now? Too much to do for bows, while melees got an rather easy life.

Until we hit them once with an arrow and send them flying down again.
Others mentioned the same and forgot about that as well.

:slight_smile: devs has waaay more on their table right now than what they potentionally can eat.

And yeah my problem is the same as yours. I mean everyone is just better off with ANY melee than with the best bow with the best arrows.

Since the forward roll option exists archers are not that scarry anymore even with the slowest weapon the 2 handed hammer. But I am a safely playing ranged kinda guy and still I am better off using any grade of a 2 handed sword instead of even pulling out my bow since patch#33. Hell even the underpowered daggers are waay higher on my useable weapons list than bows now. And that shouldn’t be that way.

“Until we hit them once with an arrow and send them flying down again.”
yes and that is how it would work in real life. I mean getting hit by something is not anyone wants when gripping for those ledges…

But imagine thralls in numbers… like in the hobbit movies… Legolas vs those close encounters with them orks? I wanna feel like that :smiley:
also noticed all of them was a one shot kill??? :smiley:

1 Like

Ok. I cannot hold back on that one!

Daggers being underpowered?
Try that heavy chain… You hit like 2 or maybe even 3 times on one click - and really fast as well!
I really came to love their animations as well and keep using them.

Here is my heavy armored sniping idea:
Open up a new singleplayergame.
Grant your toon lvl 60.
Go for 35 strenght, 27 vitality (just in case), 34 accuracy, 10 grit and 10 encumbrance.
Spawn in Khan bow (+5 accu) and a few stacks of dragon bone arrows.
Spawn in the best +dmg kit (+6 dmg) and use it on Khan bow.
Spawn in legion helmet, chest piece and gloves.
Spawn in those epic, flawless heavy accuracy trousers.
Spawn in epic, flawless heavy strenght boots.
Spawn in a few warpaints and potions for accuracy buffs - and use one of each.

With all that and drawn bow you should reach 40 strenght, 30 vitality and 50 accuracy.
Theoretically all those strenght perks should apply as well as 10th encumbrance has been said in dev stream to apply on ranged damage as well.
While still being admin, port yourself to new asagarth by ctrl+right click on its location of the map.
Have a little fun.
I did ~60% damage with that stuff on those thralls earlier.

Summary

(And I just remembered why I did ~90% on live SP a few days ago… I had 1,5 player damage active as I didnt change it with that being the default setting there.)

second part nice. definitely made notes on it and will try.

Daggers animation is awesome. but try the same tier 2h sword on the same mobs and start taking notes from the stopwatch… :smiley:
There is a certain amount of healthpool and therefore hit count where daggers actually overpower the sword because of the bleed and added poison effect.
haven’t math-ed it out just the feel.
On a low- mid level enemy the 2 handed sword is waaay faster, on a higher difficulty one still a bit faster, and on the bone dragon daggers win with poison added + the bleed stacks from the heavy combo chain.
or at least it feels that way. and i did made some “test” tests to kill them bosses. (so I mean I played the game and figured that even with mostly invested in accuracy I grab my 2h sword the fastest)

And yes I wouldn’t really say how 600+ arrow needed with the same tier of bows (my acc is my main not so much on strength just 10 encumbrance 20 also vitality 30 is a must nowadays.) used a starmetal bow with snake arrows. and the same daggers and 2h sword.

Daggers are awesome. my favourite is the backflip and those roundspiningnijamovegalores. but if I need speed and not out to kill the bulletsponges. than the list would be for me with this setup. pike - 2h sword - daggers - ■■■■■■■ pickaxe - than bows. :smiley:
Just kidding never tried to kill anything with a pickaxe.
And I do not like the pike as a weapon at all except in this game, but I won’t carry anymore weapons. :smiley:

1 Like

Well, first of all its takes time to tame those, and then, you can’t repair it without learn recipe.

Found two rhinos and rhino baby spawn at the oasis near Mitra statue. That’s not as bad place as savanna. Of course that’s still quite remote place, and definitely not a for lvl 20 characters.
And finally once again that’s largely because i already know Conan map quite well. It gonna be much harder for ppl who will just start play Conan for first time.

Baby rhinos gives light leather.
Anyway there is no real level limit nowhere in the map.
as a new player I liked that I have to explore to get “higher tier” materials. And obviously as a new player the biggest issue is more likely to be finding iron and brimstone than bows. :smiley:
especially how weak bows are nowadays. as soon as a newbie grabs a 2 handed sword and learn to use it never ever think about bows… :smiley: Or maybe but the first experience shooting more than 10-20 arrows on a medium mob will take his will and turn it around for melee weapons. :smiley:
Not even speaking of the 600+ arrows bonedragon which is insane. like a 20 minutes of plain shooting down boredomness.

Nor really, iron can be found on the east end of south river (disregarding further expand to swamp).
As well as there is lots of iron spread just little bit north from north river. Earlier “safe” spot now somewhat less safe, as so rocknoses now spawns nearby, but its still easy to get there and easy to mine.
Finding cave with brimstone might be more trickier. But at least it doesn’t require venture very far north. It still pretty close to south river (in fact closer than most of iron nodes).

As of how weak bows are. Well, as lone player everyone will learn sooner or later that only way soloing bosses is with bow. Will take lots of time and resources (both for arrows and repairing bows), but trying kill boss solo in melee is just plain suicide.

Just “wait” till you get your hands on some legendary stuff and a heavy or even a medium armor of exceptional quality. Personally my favourites atm is the 2handed swords and the more I learn the more i like daggers as well on high health-pool enemies a.k.a. bulletsponges. on LVL60 life can be waaay too easy. (not a problem though) if someone made it I think he/she kinda deserve it. But still nothing can really be as enjoyable than the fear on the early days. :smiley:

Wrong!
Kitty kitting KITS! :wink:

You can use those kits on any weapon.
Though you can only repair iron weapons+tools with iron kits. Or stone with stone kits.
You dont need to know the recipe! Only have a fitting kit to repair it.
That being said, you cannot repair steel stuff with iron or stone kits.

I reckon it will be fixed soon.

Why would that need a fix?
Earlier one could repair higher quality stuff with only a stone or iron kit.
I really think those repair kits are meant to be used for repairing… even if we happen to not know the recipe.

Also there is one weakness of those to consider:
You can only repair weapons which arent completely broken. They need 1+ durability to be repaired using those kits. 0,9 already denies kits.

The really crazy thing are legendary repair kits, allowing to repair even legendarys up to 100% durability.

hmmm so they did change it?
I need to try. :smiley:
I mean when I tried before patch#33(or the one after it…) the simple rep kit would repair anything except higher than normal quality but only for a small amount of durability. and higher tier kits done the same but more durability were added.
so they come to their senses and made it by material? That’s sounds cool.

Oh, then maybe you found a bug?
Because me knowing about those kits only repairing their tier and lower was back before combat updates… Hmm.
I guess it got overseen? (If everybody can reproduce that.)

I clearly remember repairing my hardened steel pike with a level 2 repair kit (guess that’s from the iron bars)
and it gave me like what 10% on that pike From totaly wrecked or with barelly visible durability indicator.
But it was a “long time” ago. I guess after patch, cuz before I only played like an hour or so (lately).
and when I racked up my 200h ingame there was no combat update hell even there wasn’t frozen north at that time. :smiley:

Legendary especial. Joel mentioned pretty clear that legendary weapons meant to be non-repairable. You just use it until it gets broken.
If its repairable - its clearly a bug.

As of why it need to be fixed?
Well, mechanics of expertise for normal repairing exists for reason. And no, reason is not to find out a way to avoid that mechanics :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s most likely meant to be so you can use repair kit likewise ONLY if you have expertise to repair certain weapon. (in fact that would fix issue of repairing legendary weapons, as one can’t possibly have expertise for those)

Actually I thought I heard that from devs as well. Thanks for refreshing that.
Unfortunately it’s not a bug.
I guess its a purge-smith-recipe, but I am not sure. Some where going on about not every t4 smith having that recipe on advanced smith station.
Look here: Legendary Weapon Repair Kit? - #11 by DeadSpine

It is in the game. Some smiths can craft them.
It is in admin panel as well - using it repairs way up to full durability of the weapon.

On the other hand, those kits are meant to repair their tier or whatever is below that. This requires at least some featpoints-investment. I was unsure at first as well, but when I tried them, I instantly started to only use those to repair my stuff. Though I would agree that they are a little cheap to craft.

I think they are the most useful when playing in a clan, giving everyone a certain role, while everyone unlocks those repair kits. Maybe those kit-feats should get the double or even triple feat-point-cost?

But regarding this question wether being able to repair unknown weapons with a kit is a bug or not… It would be neat if a dev could take a look at this. Hopefully giving an answer - even if on the stream.

Nuria, yes.

My point is that given the fact that there are no rhinos now in newbie areas, the first 2 bows in the game should not require thick leather. Hyrkanian should either go up a rank and another low tier bow added to the game placed between the hunting bow and hyrkanian, or hyknanian should require normal leather.

The whole argument is based on the fact that the mats required to make a lvl 20 bow should be available in a lvl 20 area and so on.

1 Like

I’m with the thread author on this. It is rather silly that the tier 2 bow requires you to hike halfway across the map to get the resources for it when the resources for making steel for tier 3 weapons can all be found within spitting distance of the starting area.

Not to mention taking on the abysmal remnant, not only was a good bow the best way to take down this thing, but some of those switches you needed to hit getting to it where a royal pain in the ■■■ trying to hit with a crappy tier one bow. And yet its the first boss to show up in quest log, I hate to see what fighting it is like with the nerf to bows.