Keep what is on your body's inventory - PVE

Hi, I just thought of a suggestion that may be important for Funcom to keep more players in the future:

I recently had a tough battle with COVID. I was in the hospital for a week, then on oxygen for a month. I was unable even to login to the game for a long time. When I came back, I had lost everything from my online PVE game. My character was literally butt naked. Before going to the hospital I had put a lot of stuff on my inventory, knowing that my base would decay, and hoping that I would get to keep something, but to no avail. This took out all my motivation to ever play online again.

I understand the need for base and thrall decays; after all, we wouldn’t want a server full of abandoned ruins. But why not get to keep at least something in your character’s inventory? People work very hard for their stuff to be so volatile. I realize my situation was unusual, but people also go on long vacations and stuff. People may also lose interest on the game and regain it back after a while. This will make it easier to keep players on PvE/online in the long run.

3 Likes

Hey I am GLAD you are doing better. I have heard of people doing what is called body vaulting. Is that a pvp thing only?

Your character should have your items stored in the inventory, hotbars and the armor equiped, if it doesn’t have anything then somebody looted it, or died nearby someone and your loot vanished from the game.

1 Like

When I logged back in my character was dead and no loot anywhere to be found

1 Like

If it’s an online official PVE server (and not PVE-C), nobody can kill you directly. Plus, your character should’ve been “body vaulted” safely away, unable to be affected by your environment. So, what happened was either a result of a bug or cheating. Unfortunately, this doesn’t help you get your stuff back :frowning:

1 Like

Oh man that’s sad. All this time I thought that was “working as intended”. RIP my character :frowning_face:

1 Like

Do you play pc or ps4? If you play ps4, send me your server to join. You’ll have everything back in a week.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, but I played on PC :frowning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.