A solution to counter body vaults. (PVP)

We have a problem with players hiding items in others accounts of this player body vaults … on another server.

Example :

• server 1 player is playing using his main steam account.
  • server 2 player is hiding loot in body vaults of his others steam accounts. After 7 days, body vaults are hidden.

I suggest body stay in the world (then we can at least see and kill them) and decay after 14 days like thralls.

This need to be fixed. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Been a thorn that I agree that sincce body is gone, you sgould die, which means loot bag and desert respawn. Simplist thing to add. Make it a server option so only official pvp it is defaulted on.

The body vaults are being a upward trend due to abuse of tos. Instead of keeping loot in base people using alts because safer from the toxicity.

1 Like

Pls excuse me for my ignorance im not new to the game but still learning. So the body of logged off player vanishes after 7 days? keeping all the loot on it? I thougth that it remains in the world till it die from starving or thirst.

2 Likes

officials it is 7 days and then it dissapears. This isbto keep pfrom having stacks of bodies of players who quit from being all over the map.

1 Like

Simple solution. Decay is decay…body, building irrelevant. You aren’t on to reset your time in 168 hours, you die.

3 Likes

Surprised that it works this way! for me the logic should be after 7 days die, body decay and not spawn anymore until player log in again naked and empty. Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought that was “ways”. Anyways, needs to be pointed out as a death so that respawn is at the starting location of the map.
A devious and patient erjoh could set up a raid dynamic where I build in the popular spots…allow my body to vanish and materialize in a base a month later… equipped or no,. I could raid the tables and then server transfer out of there.

I think “body vaulting” is a good thing. I think FC put it there on purpose. Why do a few people dislike it? What, they want everything they have and everything everyone else has too or something?

I think BV is a great way to address the all too common vacation and long breaks people take from the game, offering them incentives to return after exhausting the 200 to 400 hours something like CP77 has to offer. No one wants to keep several games going or spend extra time just to “refresh” their progress point. Instead put your base in your pocket, log off, enjoy something else for awhile, then when you’re done come back and pick up from where you left off.

In fact I think the mechanism should be expanded on.

I wanna see a “Freeze” option. Select Freeze Game with a slider for number of days 6~100, and a 2,500 slot “inventory” is filled with your entire base, the player goes into a noninteractive invisible mode for about an hour and you’re logged off for the number of days you selected. You can come back early but you can’t do it again for 100 days. I dunno, something like that anyway.

3 Likes

That is a offline style of gaming. Online style means you blick and you die. The amount of time that “blink” is will depend on that game. I wish there was a pause in fortnite/PUBG so that I can run down and get a coke and not worry about getting pegged in the head but its not that type of game. Taking an extended break means starting over IMHO. If you aren’t willing to refresh timers weekly, then clearly you aren’t wanting to keep that stuff. This coming from a guy that did just that for about a year and a half until the base was finally found and raided. Luckily I was consolidating supplies so the really good stuff was already out but they did clear about 2K of dragon powder and like an entire chest of of T3 mats so I pity that server now.

I’ve never really seen a issue with body vaulting. It’s part of the reason I like official. I can have a big war or small and when it’s time to go I can collect my hard earned things and log off somewhere. It’s also a great way to play on toxic busy servers where you know your base will be raided as soon as you log off. Why are we not more concerned about bomb duping, transferring full body’s, meshers, sky bases, 3rd party hacks, clans that abuse the max size clan glitch and have 15+ At a time. I mean seriously the list goes on and on body vaults is a mechanic that allows all players to rebuild and keep things safe. #bv

2 Likes

Another note is if people didnt have body vaults servers would be more dead then it is now. At least this gives people a decent starting point from where theu didnt lose progress. If they remove body vaults 80 percent of players will not play anymore. Most likely due to the raging of unfairnesd to toxicity and nothing to counter it.

Most of the people I know only started to body vault to the extreme to counter the toxic players that go around servers to report. If a couple of light fixture can get you suspended might as well not play or body vault until it stabilized.

2 Likes

CE has consistently held 7-10K per month on Steam. There has not be increase or decrease in these numbers that have held longer than 2 months time so I’m not sure why everyone keeps with the message that it’s a dead game…it’s one of the most consistent things I have seen.

Anyways I don’t believe body vaulting removal will change that at all. I would venture that most BVers never come back to begin with and only a handful per server go back in a timely manner (say within a 6 month window). Anyone else remaining isn’t going to mourn their stuff.

It would change it for me - so that’s at least one person… I will assume I’m not alone in this.

1 Like

I speak from PlayStation when I say most officials are dead and I’ve been playing since day 1 no one has left the game due to body vaults being a thing. Officials are dying for many of the reasons I’ve stated. Guarantee if you told the PlayStation community that body vaults will be no more. A large amount of players would leave and thus kill the game further. Put your efforts in a actual issue that can positively improve the gameplay.

2 Likes

Logging off with stuff in your pocket is NOT an exploit.

3 Likes

Yeah I play on PS as well. Steam metrics their games but I haven’t seen anything from the consoles so I am assuming they hold the same steady aspects. I just don’t see or even understand why BV is a make or break in a game designed to be a survival based game of grind. I mean in all honesty, it takes what?..about a week before you are full strength anyways if you were taken back to the stone age? That is a speed bump inconvenience. Not a deal breaker.

OK lets go with this mentality. If you log in after you left and you find yourself back in the start location and empty and nothing in your log, do you just shut it all down and leave forever? The reason I ask this is because this is what would happen if you got ganked during the time you were visible and didn’t log in for 2 months. Your log wouldn’t show you getting killed since it onlykeeps under 30 days worth (can’t remember if its 21 or 27 days but definitely under a month of data). You wouldn’t know and you are left with nothing. So that means you just turn off the game…never to return? Yeah not buying that.

1 Like

You don’t have to buy it… it’s not for sale!

If when I logged off all my things disappeared or I was somehow disallowed to log off I would not play the game - at all.

If I were disallowed to take advantage of that fact by storing my 10k hardened brick, 3k black ice, 3k insolated wood (or building pieces of about the same), a couple of chests, some benches, a thrall & horse, a change of armor, and a few potions I would not play the game - at all.

If I were disallowed on PvE to place my base in my pocket and log off for a month or two I would not play the game more than once - unless maybe some friends invited me into an existing clan.

I don’t give a crap what you will or won’t buy - I’m not trying to sell you on anything. This is my life, my game, my style and you have nothing to do with it - at all!

Ah but you are selling. You are trying to defend the idea of keeping a base in your pocket so you don’t have to grind it all if you decide to come back. You are concerned that the complaint of BV will be taken seriously and removed so you are imploring us to consider your case. So you are selling.