Ladder won't connect

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: Online official
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvE-Conflict
Region: [Please enter your server region] America

I have a series of ladders leading into my tree house. Logged on after the update and the bottom ladder of my series had disappeared. I’ve tried numerous ways of trying to get a new bottom ladder connected, including destroying the ceiling tile at the bottom and replacing it with a hatch frame. However, even the new hatch frame wouldn’t connect, much less a new ladder.

I know the ladder problem was fixed several months ago, but it now seems as if the problem has returned.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

I don’t know if anyone else has run into this problem since I am about the only one who uses a long series of ladders and not an elevator.

2 Likes

Can confirm. I checked my event log after the patch and it said piece of my ladder decayed. I went to check it out and only the top part remains.

1 Like

Looks like you can attach 2 ladders to a hatch. It goes down by 10 stability on the first ladder (which, according to the dev kit looks correct), then goes down to 0 on the 2nd. I’m pretty sure thats unintentional (though not positive about that, but based on how the building system works with everything else though I don’t see this as intentional), will investigate further.

3 Likes

I found the issue. In case this was done intentionally for some odd reason (I’m always paranoid about exploits) I’ll report this via DM’s to Funcom. Thanks for the bug report :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey there,

Thanks for the report. Our team will look into it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Game mode: [Online private]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [EU]

[After the big patch my Castle lost the lower one of two ladders, and I cannot replace it because the lower ladder will not snap to the upper one.]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Find lower one of two consecutive ladders missing
  2. Try to put a new ladder in the same space
  3. Find that you can not do this because the new ladder will not snap to the existing one
1 Like

Merged another thread into this one for better visibility :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me the problem persists, in that my ladders still vanish on server restart:

Never have been able to make an extended latter (have not tried in months either)
Cool.

1 Like

What about an extended former?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.