Land claim abuse

, ,

I play on a PVE server and over the last year I’ve noticed that toxic players are increasingly abusing and misappropriating land, I’ve been playing on this server since 2020, until 2022 there were few players like that, and nowadays this type of player is increasingly common, I think funcom should limit the number of buildings to make it easier for them in profitable matters so that players don’t get banned for abusing giant buildings, and it would also be better for administrators, as the number of reports will reduce , on the server where I play there are around 6 toxic clans that abuse buildings, I will show two photos of different clans

https://funcom.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

4 Likes

Just use the report system to report. If admins find it against the rules they will admin wipe the buildings and ban the clan.

4 Likes

I know exactly how it works, I just came to share with the forum that this type of construction is becoming more and more common, no matter how much you report some, others will always appear that are exactly the same

If only. That doesn’t work. The majority of the time funcom wont even investigate. Not sure why people think it does. If it worked the server I’m on wouldn’t be covered with city states.

I was on the other day, went to the oasis to get multiple challenges done. To my surprise the oases was clear. Just a few builds around the edges. Alright, go funcvom. Then found out alll those builds that covered the oasis was one guy and he quit :neutral_face: funcom had nothing to do with it.

I’m not even getting auto responses they have received my report anymore.

Ignore the parts specific to that post.

But you want this issue fixed? Land claim blocks. People will continue to violate the ToC as long as the game lets them. If some one thinks zenddesk actually works they either don’t play PVE public servers or play PVP where mass reporting to ban a clan is a battle tactic.

everything will may get worst with dune release, all the attention will be driven to it.

1 Like

I noticed that the last construction for abusive did not receive an automatic response either, but the person’s construction was destroyed by funcom

It’s already there.

2 Likes

If it gets worse than that the game dies, why? I will mention some theories, 1st the game had its worst chapter AOW, it had no great challenges, the purge was completely modified and lost its feel, 2nd tavern system completely broken, as you can have 10 benches with slaves sitting that you You will only have the option to hire 3 random players and there is no functionality for those who play on Funcom’s private servers. and they are only focused on the bazaar, in a way the people who play Conan role-playing are to blame for this, as they buy everything that is in the bazaar and create their own stories within the game and consume an absurd number of bazaar items, which which ends up being viable for funcom to focus on the market and leave content such as new quests and dungeons aside, 4th if the dune has a reflection of Conan it will be a total failure, because anyone who is a veteran Conan player knows how many bugs it has had, serious bugs that players even lost their buildings that they spent months or years maintaining, bugs caused by players losing slaves, and now players abuse the siege to invoke it if you leave some slaves outside your building, I love this game, but the I only see the role-playing community staying in the direction it’s going, because PVP is broken, PVE doesn’t have challenges big enough to hold its players back.

Considering everything is showcased in God Mode, I don’t think any toes are dipped into public servers.

Someone I know complained about several massive builds two months ago and crickets.

My neighbors are building land claim boxes all over the place because they came from Ark and refuse to believe it breaks the rules. I haven’t bothered reporting them because their bases will Decay before a report is answered.

Im curious, do these builds lag out the server beyond it being playable? Is it blocking very rare spawns of items or thralls? Or do you want to build there?

If none of those, I just dont see why people care.

None of the above and proof you don’t know what the issue is. Hint it’s about being a rule abiding courteous player.

And right there is the issue. People that think it’s ok to break the rules because blah blah blah blah
I bet you believe it’s getting caught breaking the rules is the issue, right?

And how many map squares are you taking up total?

Exactly, some of them I don’t waste my time reporting because they will stop soon, but there are others who carry out massive constructions in areas that we use more, then it becomes difficult, even if you are using PS5 it doesn’t mean that your game will crash or lag, It’s complicated, Funcom should work on a tool to limit the number of pieces you can use

1 Like

this… I reported like 3 clans once and all three got wiped a few weeks later.

2 Likes

Land claim issues do exactly those three things. Cause lag, blocking resources or preventing you from building. Please stay on top of things.

Heres why I asked the OP the question and not you. Picture 1 shows a castle like build. My guess from the background, Id guess its somewhere near Circle of Swords, in that vacinity, east of Mounds. The only thing of value that could be blocked might be a world boss, but thats been revealed not to matter. Next is trees, which also do not matter. So, its not from blocking resources. Does it cause lag? Maybe - but from that picture I dont see an over abundance of placeables. That leaves the third question is it blocking you from building there? The map is large, be that courteous player and dont build right beside someone within render distance.

The second picture looks like a different view of the same base, and we know my question 1 and 2 are already known not to be an issue. The only violation of the ToC you may have is blocking someone from building. Ok, lets say the offending clan removes those little huts. Are you going to be that player that builds in that spot right beside someone? Where did that courteousness go? “Remove part of your build so I can build right in that spot” Like Ive argued for years, that is called entitlement.

Third pic, same, its a fairly big build, but Funcom has already stated that big builds arent against the rules, so no issues there.

Fourth picture looks like a wall that connects a few buildings. Unless that covers two grids that really isnt that much of a build. Looks like near noob river, not blocking anything of value (again, maybe a world boss but I dont think there is one there).

So, thats why I asked the three questions. Since there is only 1 very weak argument that you could use which only results from an entitled attitude, that is why I said “I dont know why people care” They are only looking to complain and punish people instead of being the real courteous player, and playing the game - not looking to snitch.

None, I quit the game because of server hopping people who spam report builds to take building spots from people. Piss on the idiotic rules, piss on Funcom, and piss on players who try to be Funcoms Police Service!

Not at all.
None the less your response proves you have no idea what i am saying.

And here is why you just don’t get it. It’s that the rules have been broken, not how, or if the build interferes with your game, or blocks you from some resource, or makes the server cry.

It’s that the rules have been broken. What part of that are you having such a hard tome comprehending?

“Funcom punished me for violating the rules”

Jesus christ you still go on with “Im right youre wrong, you just dont understand”?

Yes it does. If land claim issues do not do one of the 3 things I listed, what else does it do. Explain where Im wrong.

And here is why I asked the OP what they felt broke those rules, because in his pictures, there is only 1 thing that you might call a violation of the rules, the picture of the 8-9 little huts being land claim. The rest if just a person complaining of a big build- which Funcom admits is not against the rules

What part do you not understand?

What rules? You see a picture and BAM, that player is instantly violating the rules. You are wrong. If you can see for one second outside your close minded view, you will see why people ask questions of the OP to get their point of view.

I bet you sit on the side of the road and phone the police when people do 46 in a 45. Ever seen me rant about being banned? Nope. See me laugh about it? Yup. I couldnt have made it more clear in the my last line. ■■■■■ these idiotic rules and the people who try to police them.

And how often does Funcom investigate reports posted via the wrong channel?

Evidently, some people have had their buildings deleted by Funcom admins. At least we’ve seen multiple forum posts about Funcom “falsely” punishing them. So either Funcom admins do that on their own accord, or they react to reports sent via Zendesk.

In any case, the only response from Funcom to a “report” via these forums has been a member of the Community team telling the poster to use Zendesk instead. So I’m not sure why people think posting on the forums work.

3 Likes

I’ve never gotten a time out since the game came out. You have gotten 3 to be banned from the public servers. It has nothing to do with me being right and everything to do with you braking the rules how do you not get that? If I wasn’t here, you’d still be banned for braking the rules.

I have and you failed to comprehend. Seriously there is a level of conversation here you clearly don’t perceive.

IN YOUR OPINION. That is a part you don’t quit get. You’ve been timed out for 3 land claim abuses, you clearly do not know what land claim abuse is. So your opinion is moot.

The ones you keep getting banned for violating.

I’ll take that bet, PAY ME.

Right here in this thread, scroll up.

No I saw you jump in here after getting over another forum time out, and start spouting your bias opinion, with your butt hurt attitude.

And that is your issue. Seriously, dude, you carry on like a 12 year old that got caught braking the rules. “It’s not my fault, it’s the stupid rules”. That is the most juvenile defense for breaking the rules there is.

It’s not the rules fault, it’s your fault, and that is the part you fail to comprehend. It wasn’t the people that reported you that broke the rules YOU DID, yet here you are, like a child, trying to blame some one else.

Grow up and start taking responsibility for your actions.

Seriously, if you’ve quit the game why are you here? Other then to whine about your ban at every opportunity?

And the part that makes me laugh long and loud is, you are only banned from the public servers, not the game. You’ve banned yourself from the game. The only person stopping you from playing the way you want to is you.

I’m referring to zendesk reports done proper from in game. Why would you assume anything else? Maybe because you want me to be wrong?

I did point out spam reports from clans is a PVP tactic to get people timed out.
The majority of my reports either got a a “sorry we so busy” which means the report was never investigated. or I got

No one is making a report via these forums not sure why you are going on about it.

1 Like