Land claim abusing

Got few questions there (considering siptah).

Since there is no landclaim preventing systems like on exiles (no chance that you will get purged), except for inside storm where you just have to deal with fact that you base gets teared down.

1. Does Devs plan to somehow prevent clans from landclaiming BIG regions?

2. Is building sandstone foundations around other player bases straight away bannable? If so, where do i report? How long it takes to get resolved?

3. Is blocking pathways (and landmarks) ok? We have clan there that built over whole path (spanning between 2 cliffs) and cave path near it as well (which is landmark). I see they have today open gates so i donā€™t mind that, but just wondering if thats ok to do on official servers?

2 Likes

^^ This should answer your questions.

1 Like

In 4257 two two man clans own the entire north and south coat lines. Miles of blocks, walls, and pillers.
A player when off on them today.

Wow that is weird.

Wouldnā€™t they be blocking the camp of the castaways if theyā€™d claimed the entire northern coast?

Foundations are supposed to be build to put a base on them, and land claim is supposed to be around the base you build.

You are not supposed to artificially ā€œland claimā€ by building lines of foundations arround your base or on large regions. See servers sules. The same for 2 and 3.

I already send fews ideas on theses issues, it can be solved fast. Now they need the will to change things. May be one day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, in meantime i managed to politely resolve the issue with guys who did that. So no need to report :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They are on either side of it and the SE started point too.
Same with the 3 skull bosses on the north coast. They are a few feet from it.
In order for new players to exit those areas they have to climb over the theme park walls, it they have the gates closed.

Wow. I have a hard time understanding the mindset of players like that.

1 Like

Its easy, no one will do anything to them, so their fun in making it miserable for everyone else.
Their entire clan leveled to 60 by building only.

Could be PvPers that could not cut it on PvP servers.
We like to think they are spoiled kids that cant rule their own lives, so they take it out in game.

3 Likes

This is a discussion worth havingā€¦ since landclaiming is not always a bannable offence.

But to be honest Iā€™m tired of players claiming land afraid that people build close to them, just like in Ark this becomes a huge problem in Conanā€¦

Give it a year and probably the whole beginners area will be a pillar fest by large clans who does nt want players to build in ā€œtheir regionā€.

1 Like

While I agree in principle, sometimes itā€™s necessary. I had (have) this problem on my server just recently: I just built the ā€œmain buildingā€ with no outside fence/protection. Next morning someā€¦ nice personā€¦ built a wheelbase as close as they could, meaning I could no longer expand since their landclaim now butted all the way against my tower, except for a few foundationsā€™ width. When asked if it was necessary to build right next to me, they (rather rudely) told me it wasnā€™t their problem, and I could just go build somewhere else. Which may technically be correct, but in this instance that isnā€™t the best kind of correctā€¦

Net result: Now I have ā€œfingersā€ of foundations (at ground level, nothing blocking) reaching out from my main building to prevent that happening again. Which is ugly and bad for performance and very annoying and ought to be unnecessary.

1 Like

I understand, I too do claim the land Iā€™m going to build on.
First I map the layout then I switch to the style I want to build on.

But I ment the players that just spam some pillars or foundations to prevent anyone from building near their zone. On my server there players walling off entire parts of the map as its theirsā€¦

Sadly online gaming has a lot of a holes these daysā€¦ the guy that built close to you clearly donā€™t care about other online players.

3 Likes

the worse part , is when they build too close to you with an idea in mind ( pulling their purge to your walls ) ā€¦

1 Like

So why not build around and over themā€¦ encase the wheel base with foundations and walls and anti-climbing of your own? Like a wart, encase it so that no access is possible. Without access to refresh the wheel base, it will soon decay and disappear. Then you can go back to building your main base as you intended. And if they ask if it was necessary to build around and over them, you can ā€œpolitelyā€ repeat what was said to youā€¦ its not your problem and they can just go build somewhere else.

If Mikey does this he takes the risk of getting banned.
My advice: never fight a toxic fight with a toxic fight.

2 Likes

Not really viable in the situation since someone else was in the way. Thatā€™s aside from the fact itā€™s against the rules, itā€™s a dick move, and Iā€™d never be able to win a griefing-war due to insufficient playtime even if those werenā€™t a problem.

See what he did was not against any rules, it was just sort of an ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  thing to do. Which is expected when playing online, but rather than raging against it (pointless), itā€™s better to accept that youā€™ll have to protect yourself against it. Hence, sandstone spam.

2 Likes

Good point. I guess I was thinking that if that was the ā€œrulesā€ they wanted to play by, you could easily take care of the situation and then go back to what you were doing. I mean, they were the ones who encroached upon you, not the other way around. So, like a self-defense kind of thing. I just hate it when toxic people do that to other players and get away with it.

Lmao, imagine i built in area like 60x60, with walls as foundations 5 high. Now i wake up next morning to ā€˜finishā€™ it - add fences so noone climbs in, just to find a 1-high foundations wall all around that place. Like WTF? Thankfully polite talk with who did that solved the problem. But seriously thatā€™s such a **** move, and itā€™s sad that game doesnā€™t prohibit it anyhow.

1 Like

I was once on a server and a guy blocked the whole area around my base for fear that I would build near him, I usually build small bases when I play alone, this all ended in a few days when the guy didnā€™t come back to server because he got bored and his base was destroyed by decay, the build system is not the problem in Conan, people can be like that sometimes ā€œselfishā€

1 Like