Leadership attribute?

With all the talk about thralls nerfs and follower limits, I think it would be a great opportunity to add a new attribute that could help solve this problem. Some people agree with the changes, others dont, so why not let them decide how they want to play?

A new Leadership/charisma attribute could effect directly the thrall/follower performance, each perk could add more weapon/armor specializations, resistances or even how many you can have following you… This would give room for new different builds and playstyle, allowing the players decide how they wanna handle the situation.

8 Likes

Sounds like it could be interesting. Could you flesh this out in a little more detail?

2 Likes

Well, I didnt think on details, but the concept behind this idea is divide the thrall performance into leveling them and player attributes. Just like most games that have companion or minions, you would have the chance to improve them even more by sacrificing your own performance (investing points into this attribute rather than str, end, vit, etc…)

If players dont care much about followers, they just wont spend many points in it, but their companions would be weaker than someone who actually sacrificed points to have stronger companions. Depending how deep you go into this attribute, maybe you could have even multiple followers, or have them perform attacks that regular thralls cant do. Maybe it could also effect station thralls in some way, that would be fun.

1 Like

I think this is a cool idea that’s really worth exploring. Altho it would spoil the attributes acronym

Strength
Agility
Vitality
Accuracy
Grit
Encumbrance
Survival

We’ll have to think of another acronym that adds the letter ‘L’. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I never noticed that before, nice. I made a similar suggestion way back when funcom asked what people most wanted to see added. I suggested some new attributes all based around followers (not just thralls but pets and mounts too) with an increase in level cap. Now that I’ve seen the acronym I don’t really want to ruin it :rofl:

1 Like

Easy, SALVAGES. In other words, collecting and putting into use the resources and equipment left by the inhabitants of these lands who have encountered… unfortunate accidents.

3 Likes

hahaha good idea!! :joy: :joy:

Like in Mount & Blade. Sounds nice.

One possible difficulty though is that respeccing your attributes is super easy at the moment. The materials required for it are readily found and you can always have some stocked up. So it’d be easy to just change build as needed… Might that be a problem?

Hmm, I didn’t think of that. So if this were to be implemented, then it has to be somehow tied to the player, and not a permanent part of the follower? Game mechanics could treat it like a semi-permanent buff, similar to wearing armor. Only active while the player has the perk.

If we make a new acronym it’s fine

1 Like

My idea at the time was for each new attribute to only work on a follower who was in use so it wouldn’t boost all defending thralls.

2 Likes

I think for people to want to invest in the perk, it should also apply to base guards. Or if that’s too difficult to add to the game, maybe a radius effect?

Some suggestion I made before, that could still give ideas.

1 Like

I don’t think we should name the attribute ‘charisma’. That sounds too much like D&D. I think ‘leadership’ or something else would be a better name.

1 Like

My main concerns with this were based on pvp (I don’t even play pvp but try to consider the whole game before making suggestions). A clan could potentially have one player with max Leadership or Intimidation (seems better for controlling slaves) and boost all clan thralls, even if the boost only applied to thralls broken by the specific player a clan could just appoint one player to be in charge of thrall taking.

SLAVAGES

SAVAGELS

SAVAGES Are Lucky? Add a new A related one =p

Lucky SAVAGES?

I think much like Follower Panel that was added. They could add its own 2ndary perk system, So you could buff thralls under your command as you leveled thralls/pets.

Add perks and its own set up away from Savages stats.

2 Likes

Neither do I. As far as the suggestions category goes, I’ll add any idea I think is good, and let someone else worry over the game balance.

I don’t understand. Please explain.

Give a Leadership Perks to Follower Page.

Taming Thralls, Taming Pets, Leveling them up gives Exp towards Leadership.
Leve 1 thru 5. (Not connected to Savages)
Let say taming about 3 things get you to level 1.
Lv1. You earn bonus to taming time.
After 5 more…
Lv2. Get choice of 2 perks. Which can give followers (in tow) 5% HP, or 3% damage.
LV3, Thralls/Pets on Follow get 10% more exp
Repeat different perks in Leadership tab as you level it.

Heck, Lv10, you can swap out a Thralls/pets lv10 skill.

1 Like

Oh, now you’re touching on a separate topic that has been discussed elsewhere. People have been asking for a way to reroll their follower stats/perks. This could be a way to implement that. Maybe have a full follower reset as the top ability from the leadership skill tree?

1 Like