Legendary Items In The Unnamed City; A Little Help?

Hi all. Since installing the Unnamed City update I have been playing as often as I can to try and collect the new legendary items from the bosses there. Unfortunately, I have had very limited success thus far, and out of the 5-6 bosses I have killed, I have only landed the one legendary item; The Lying B sword. While this is kind of frustrating, it is not the point I am trying to make here. Instead, because my play time is so limited lately, I would really like a bit of help pinning down the following:

Could someone please tell me (or show me) which boss is located where, and which boss has the best chance of dropping which item? It could be a marked map, a link to a good website, anything which will help to focus my efforts and save me from floundering about at random. ESPECIALLY for the Sword of Crom; I absolutely must posess this weapon!! Anyone…a little help please…!?

Firespark81 … new armours - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDMbjaMsYME
He also has some showcases a couple of the new weapons which drop from the same bosses.

Sword of Crom drops from the Red Dragon.

1 Like

You sure about the Red Dragon (mother)?
In this video he says “Any of the skeletal bosses”

1 Like

My bad… yes, its the skele bosses…

Red Mama drops the Lifeblood Spear. It’s very useful.

2 Likes

This thread has all the information you’d want.

5-6 bosses isn’t very many. In order to get The Predatory Blade and some armor, I had to kill around 50 bosses, during which I got around 10 miscellaneous legendary items.

It’s a complete grind if you’re going for something specific, mainly just waiting for respawn timers and dodging skeletons (once you have a couple of key items you need to farm the place).

Also, the RNG on the scroll/fragment recipes needs to change drastically. After 50 or so turn-ins, I ended up with 10 venom war axe recipes, 15 “dead legs”, and after that mostly venom swords trying for a single kiln recipe.

I know you can trade them to other players and whatnot, but it’s just TOO random to be a good mechanic.

1 Like

Thankou kindly everyone who replied, the help is super appreciated. I finally gave it another run last night.

killed the 4 skeletal bosses last night like you mentioned (I killed one twice). I had killed them in the past too previously. No legengary drops unfortunately.

Thanks Kapoteeni. I didnt mention it in my original post, but that one is actually number 2 on my to get list. I havent tried the Red Mother yet though. Killing adult size Dragons as an Offline Singleplayer is a frustrating and time consuming endurance exercise. I will give her a shot sometime in the near future.

So you ended up with a drop rate of around 20 % Lanessar. 50 bosses sounds very time consuming, this could take me a while. Early days yeah, but at this stage the drop rate on my game is 1 from 11 (9%) roughly. Im going to sound pretty scathing here, but these drop rates are rubbish. If we are all but assured a legendary item for defeating a World Boss, why make them so low? Look it doesnt have to be every time, but surely it could be better than what, 9-20%! And considering the grinding I have to do for resources before I even head over there, and then the grinding thereafter, its remarkably frustrating!

Yeah Ive noticed this also. So far Ive unlocked 5 items and had 5 doubles recipe wise. Although conversely to yourself, around 4 of my scrolls so far have been Kilns! I just wish there was a way we could exchange a double for another random scroll.

Im reluctant to say it, but the way things are going, I may have to agree with you.

Thanks again all.

Very true. Luckily the Mama doesn’t have any extra tricks in her bag, so the tactics that work against other dragons work against her. She’s bigger, meaner and tougher, but her attacks are predictable and easy to dodge. Just bring some good food with you, as she can hit pretty hard if your concentration slips for a half-second. And of course, a good fighter thrall makes everything easier.

I’ve killed all three skeleton bosses at least 60 times. I have two Swords of Crom to show for it. To be fair, I’ve only climbed up to kill the Skeleton with the hammer once.

I usually teleport into the obelisk, run right and start with the one handed sword boss, hit the heroes and other bosses, take out the snake, and do it all again because they’ve respawned by that time. I like to do three trips around. I am usually carrying a lot of stuff by then and I need to drop it off.

1 Like

The drop rate is much lower than 20%. That just indicates how random the RNG is.

Most of those drops were duplicates (of course, I was killing the same boss - Skeletal Dragon Man), but I ended up with 3 Gauntlets of the Brute, and two of the heavy boots, as well as 2 Deadly Wind katanas across all bosses as dupes. With the large loot table on the skeleton bosses, this is insane, and I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

The problem with RNG is that it’s random. Pulled from an already small loot pool, rolling a four sided dice ten times will probably give you a spread of 3 (five times) 2 (three times) 1 (two times) 4 (one time).

Then, the next ten will be 4 (eight times) 2 (one time) 1 (one time) 3 (no times).

It’s an inherent problem with RNG.

It’s also an inherent problem with loot drop percentiles. Per the code as I’ve seen it work, you apparently have 100% chance for both a legendary kit and a fragment. Then a 30% chance for some random legendary. Then finally, a 1% chance for any of the individual items on the table - meaning skeleton bosses have a 25% chance to drop “an item” from their table. However, it will only give you one item, with the weight on the UC legendaries (if one of these drops, it “replaces” the others).

If you get 3 legendaries from the loot table, I don’t know how it selects which one to give you, but I suspect it’s simply alphabetical, or if that happens, no drop at all.

I enjoy what they did, but how they did it seems hackneyed into place.

1 Like

That is all fascinating Lanessar, I had no idea that the system for drop rates was so involved. While I love the way they overhauled the Unnamed City, I feel its drop rates need some changes and adjustment. The drop rate in my game is currently 1 from 15, so the rate currently rests at 6.67%. I am geniunely sorry, I dont mean to sound scornful or entitled here, but this is not a desirable drop rate. I genuinely hope that the Legendary Items drop rate for Unnamed City bosses will be adjusted sometime in the future.

Just putting it out there, I killed another 4 bosses (gave Skeletal Serpentman a go too) in the Unnamed City last night, and again no drops.

1 Like

Thanks Kapoteeni. This is good to know. In that case, much like the Undead Dragon, its the flame breath ill have to watch out for. There were times when I was in a bad position, and it drained literally my entire health bar. Im not sure about the thrall though. Ive got a well decked out Cimmerian Berserker ready to go, but Im just worried that she will focus all of her attention on him and kill him. It has almost happened a couple of times with other bosses.

But there is another reason too. I know this will sound kind of weird, and I suppose it is, but here goes. Because Im a Crom loyalist, I feel that he would see it as weak or cowardly if I were to become too reliant on thralls. I like a good challenging battle, and to succeed of fail by my own hand. As such, probably about 70% of the time, I just tend to go it solo. Yeah its probably silly I know, but its a bit of role playing on my part.

Im not sure if the drop rates for her are higher the skeletal bosses or not, but I hope so, that Lifeblood Spear sounds really helpful.

Yep, the flame breath is the dangerous part, as it’s the hardest to avoid. Soloing her is definitely possible, if tedious. I’ve managed it, and I suck at boss fights.

I’ve killed her ~20 times and got the two Lifeblood spears in the process. No idea whether I’ve been lucky or unlucky. No Sword of Crom from the Skeletors yet, though.

1 Like

Ok the Red Mother just met her maker. :smiling_imp: The good news is that I finally got another legendary item to drop. However, it was kind of an underwhelming one. It was the God Eye patch. I was really hoping for the Lifeblood Spear, but a drop is a drop. I also did another run, taking out the 4 Skeletal bosses afterwards. However, still no Sword of Crom. :disappointed_relieved: I will keep at it where I can.

1 Like

this might be a glitch or a bug but when I fought the mama dragon I stood underneath her and her flame breath never touched me and I just kept hitting her until she collapsed on top of me, lol, easiest boss fight I ever had.

OP, try investing to a named volcano fighter or captain from set city. Give him an epic heavy armour, and a 2h sword, or warhammer with spiked fitting legendary preferably, star metal or other high end weapon (I found hanuman gada working great) go to red dragon ,and bow him or fight in close quarters… the thrall will make short work of him… easy and fast…

2 Likes

I have indeed been doing this much of the time Ragnaguard. I have both a Cimmerian Berserker and a Treasure Hunter stationed there. They both have Flawless Heavy Armour, and a Star Metal Greatsword and Spear respectively. My most challenging opponent at this points seems to be the drop rates. :laughing:

Yup, drop rates got bad indeed…:roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.