Legendary weapons... unrepairable in the Age of War?

Yes, it’s strange, @jmk1999 . Why do they risk implementing something that seems to be so unpopular? Developers could at least share their reasoning. I’ll adapt, but indeed it’s something I never saw anyone ask.
Probably they had something in mind when coming up with this… I mean, I assume they don’t want to torture their fan base. I wonder what was the rationale behind this change.

5 Likes

Yup. Not to mention, as others have already said, they’re making the illusion system that everyone absolutely loved pointless. No one wants to do that with something that won’t last. I have my glimmermoon as a broken bottle because it looks cool and goes with my pirate theme. It was a solid option for fighting back while dragging thralls at night, now it’s just gonna be a nightlight. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

It’s not very difficult to drop (usuallyI have a few spares), but I understand your point, @jmk1999 !
You see, and this might be what they aren’t getting, not everyone likes to fight in Conan. You fight just as much as absolutely need and that’s it. But you enjoy rp, building, decorating, getting gorgeous thralls etc. And that’s fine. A lot of people don’t care much about combat. Conan has plenty to offer beyond that.
Anyway, if this goes ahead, just msg me and I’ll farm all the legendaries you can possibly want, mate. Worry not. You won’t be missing anything. Just keep building and decorating those gorgeous structures.

1 Like

I personally think this decision was made for pvp reasons in the first place.

If legendaries deal the highest damage in the game then they will become the new meta. Means everybody will try to farm and use legendary weapons.

If legendaries can not be repaired then this means that players/clans get forced to constantly farm new legendary weapons to keep up. And while they farm the hot spots now they will most likely run into other players/clans who also want to farm these weapons. This will lead to more open combat fights between clans on hotspot.

I personally do not like that rare items like the mothers torch gets sacrificed for that change. I still hope Funcom will come up with a solution for it at a point. I feel for everybody who worked hard to get those items and now feel betrayed. But on the other side, this could change the focus to more open fights in pvp which is not a bad thing per se.

5 Likes

But it’s not just pvp but PvE as well. You got people up on their castles just crafting stuff and repairing the things they got eons ago. There really isn’t any motivation outside of going to your targeted resource of choice and serial refreshing stuff. This encourages more folks being active.

4 Likes

Well, it’s kind of fair that what you get through rng luck won’t last forever.
But there are SO MANY spots to farm legendaries that I don’t see those encounters happening that often.
If there are very good weapons in specific map zones like the UC, then yes. I would most likely help the player against the npc, but I’m a sucker. If he was there first, I would respect that.
But I’m VERY disappointed with pvp because I can’t find populated servers on PS5 on the EU zone. I ended up taking a break from this game because of that. It’s extremely boring. I found one guy when I was just starting and getting my first legendary and he helped me getting it. That was so cool! He could have vaporized me (I was naked with stone daggers, lvl 10, he was in end game gear). But he chose to help me kill the spider boss. I never saw the guy again. He bolted after the fight, but I wouldn’t be able to harm him if our paths crossed again.
Maybe I’ll give it another go when the next age drops. But I would like to play in a clan, not alone. I need to kearn all about base raiding. There’s a lot to it I won’t master alone. I just fight well. That’s it. We will see how it goes…

1 Like

It’s a choice @erjoh . I can’t understand it, but I respect it. But I definitely don’t understand it, especially when all they do is refreshing decay counters.
I mean, there’s people who build stuff that makes sharing a server with them a privilege. @jmk1999 is one of such players. Unfortunately we don’t share the same timezone for me to play regularly in a shared server. Not all players enjoy fighting and Conan offers much more than that.
I get bored after a few months and need to start over. Usually it’s when I have attained thrall limit, have t4s in every station and have all the end gear I want. One or two purges after that and I restart. Maybe this new purge system changes that. It would be awesome.

1 Like

I don’t understand why many of you are bent out of shape about this. I do remember a time when Legendary Repair kits were not a thing and when you used up a Legendary weapon you had to find one. You know how that worked? If you used the weapon enough, chances are you had multiple legendaries to use. You just rotated through them.

That’s how it will work in Age of War. If you don’t use them alot they will last a long time. If you use them every time you farm bosses, chances are you will be getting several replacements.

It reminds me of the other thread about the torches. Everyone is hemming and hawing over not being repaired, but then everyone came to realize that no one has actually needed to repair one they looted themselves. Only second hand, if even then.

@Taemien what do you think about the new stamina system? Are you enjoying it? I still don’t know what to make of it, but I can’t try it until it becones live. And how about aggro? Do you think it’s ballanced? Or they made it too easy?

Your questions go beyond the scope of the thread, I’m afraid.

Point taken, you’re right. I’ll look for topics about it. Probably you already wrote something anyway.

It comes down to the rng (particularly on certain items). Some of us don’t like to spend hours farming for said legendary we like best. Also, for transferred items that are considered legacy. It would be one thing if the nemedian helmet worked at the very least (which was the best thing for main hand legendaries before easy kits), but there’s literally no way to maintain these items, and thralls are getting nerfed again, making the alternative to put them on thralls very speculative. Also, as we know, storage chests that get full of stuff can contribute to server lag or hiccups in playing. Even if they increased drop rates, people are just gonna fill up their chests with their favorite items, thereby contributing to MORE chests they didn’t even need before.

1 Like

Same. I’m looking forward to this change and see how it all shakes out. It’s going to be different

1 Like

You mean this change literally makes them NOT worth pursuing.

2 Likes

So craftable legendary gear. Is that also in the no repairable bucket?

3 Likes

I’ve been curious about how these are being handled. Are they being reduced to epic gear instead? They said no more crafting legendary items, so what about all the recipes that are “legendary?” Did I bring over a bunch of eldarium to EL for nothing now?

1 Like

Exactly I have some legendary recipes from the siptah dungeons. I have a feeling their going to downgrade all the weapons in the siptah dungeons because it’s a recipe and not one item drops

1 Like

You can still purchase them on exiles at the Kurak dungeon camp. 1 gour cycle. I already have 2 of each except skinner. But with supply crates, i only need hide for armor leather. The tar, iron and steel i get are already filling a chest.

2 Likes

As opposed to filling them with tons of building mats and thralls currently happening?

1 Like

No, that’s just in addition to.